Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Saul Badderman's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Saul Badderman
1.2 How old are you?16
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes,
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?4-5 Weeks give or take.
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yep, Absolutely.
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:212676338
1.7 References (if any)?
None at the moment.

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM is the abbreviation given for Random Death Match, RDM is a term used for when a person and or persons kills someone randomly either without adverting and or warning them to move from their location, This would be classed as RDM as they had the clear intention to do it Randomly and without adverting.

As an example we could say the Bob is new to the server and has obtained a weapon, However he has decided to to walk up to someone and shoot them without either adverting a Mug, Warning and or Kidnapping. This would be a case of RDM as he has failed to advert anything that would allow him to kill the said person.

Another example could be, If a player was to be displaying a weapon on the streets or in a public place and a Player has decided that he thinks that he is going to shoot him, So he opens fire although this would still be classed as RDM as there is no basis for him to kill the player and the player has not posed a direct threat to him or advert anything towards him.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR, Otherwise known as New Life Rule, This is when a player has been killed or died and has returned to the location of his/her death without waiting for the cooldown to be completed thus breaking NLR.

For this there are a few examples that would be suitable under this rule, So lets say the PC Dan has just died in a PD raid, But the PC decided that he wanted to return to the PD immediately after his death breaking the New Life Rule, Which stops him from doing so.

Another example would be lets say the Billy has just been killed in the bank as he tried to rob it, But billy is upset he didn't get the money so as soon as officers leave the scene Billy decided to return to the bank to pick his money bags back up in the process he Broke NLR as he did not wait the time required before returning.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is a term used for when someone does not Value and or Fear their life, Eg when they have a weapon pointed at them and they proceed to pull a weapon of their own and fire back, This would be classified as Fear RP.

As I had previous mentioned when defining FearRP, A example of FearRP would be when a player has a weapon pointed at them ( Either In a Mugging or Kidnapping) but the player being threatened decides to pull a gun of their own and shoot the other player.
A similar one to this would be if a said player was be kidnapped by 3 LM member's but the player refuses to comply with them even when at gunpoint. The player runs off and then begins to open fire. This would be yet another case of FearRP.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is when a Person is either prejudice towards a person based on their Sexuality.

Simple examples of blatant homophobia would be if someone was to go around the server using a derogator term used towards Homosexual people,
This being the F slur.

For the last example It could be classed as Homophobia if someone was to say "You cant be in the gang because your gay" this would be yet another example as it shows a clear prejudice.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is when someone is Judged and or discriminated against because of the colour of their skin, Ethnicity and or Religion.
Two simply examples of this would be if a person was to say a number of these things,
"Hes Black so he must be a Criminal"
"Black people dont have right"
"Hes wearing a hijab so hes got to be a terrorist"
These are just 3 example of things that can come across as racist.
Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
The way to deal with this would be with a calm manner explaining to the NHS member that whilst William did infact correctly advert carjack, He Committed crimes against the NHS which is another rule break in itself. I would ask William if he was aware that it was against the rule whilst asking the NHs member what he would like to see come of this EG would he like William warned or let go and have his ambulance returned to him.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would firstly check the logs in this case to make sure that William did in fact advert PD Raid, If this was true then in this instance I would need to know where Joe was at the time of his death, If he was beyond PD not involved in the road then this would in fact be RDM and dealt with by warning the player. However if William initially failed to advert PD Raid in the beginning then this would be a case of Mass RDM resulting in a ban.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Dealing with this situation would be a simply issue as it is clear that William has failed to Advert PD Raid aswell as breaking NLR immediately to them RDM Joe. As William had no right to actually do this it would be a simply case of asking Joe what he would like to come of this? If he would like to see the individual banned as it would be a appropriate punishment for these rule breaks that Have taken place with clear disregard of the rules. Or William may be warned and jailed whilst given time to read the rules and think about what he did wrong in the situation.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
In this particular situation this would be a case of disrupting a PD meeting, As Joe successfully adverted at the correct time and before committing the act of terror it would not be classed as Mass RDM. This meaning that Joe would most likely receive a warning for Disrupting the meeting and would be told not to return unless the meeting was over.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I believe that choosing me over other applicants would be a way for me to gain experience as a staff member as well as me being able to actively be on the server either late at night or early in the morning where as staff may otherwise be unavailable when players most need it, Although it is not only about this but about some skills I could bring including communication, Team work and dedication to the team. The skills I can bring are what makes me a bit more unique from others but what sets me a part is my willingness to go that extra mile to help someone and to achieve a solution to the problem no matter how complex it may be. I would try persevere even when I would feel like I'm not able to solve the issue.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
If this was to happened I would simply ask another staff member that is either on the server or On Duty, As the staff team is their to provide help if I was unsure it is better to ask someone that is aware and knows how to deal with it then to mess up and incorrectly punish and or deal with someone.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, I have a few past experiences as staff. None of them were on PoliceRP though.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
Dedication, Team Work and Communication.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
Activity Sometimes may be a issue, Although I will attempted to get as many hours as possible.
Lack Of Experience as Staff on a PoliceRP Server.
Sometimes I feel I can be too harsh with people but I am working on being abit more lenient.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
Well, to be staff is to help out players and that's what I want to do on riverside, as well as that though it helps me gain experience as a staff member whilst being able to help out and entire community with whatever problems they may have. I personally just want to do more for the server then simply be a police officer and I feel like being a staff member is the right start.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
Nope.

Have you received any help when creating this application? Nope.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Absolutely.

+1 Great player with a clear understanding of rules. Would be a good addition to staff!

-1 cause your pretty new to the server and also you and saul sexman are very Mingy in PD (my opinion)

jakey

Staff Manager
Forums Manager
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Graphics Designer
Neutral
New player would be good if you had a bit more experience on the server, however I haven't seen you do anything bad really. Some of the people you rp with can be seen to break rules but I haven't seen you break any. Maybe worth a chance as staff to see how it a goes, not all "new players" are that bad tbh. I personally don't see why you can't have a chance at staff, but a bit more experience on the server would definitely help you out a lot.

-1 cause your pretty new to the server and also you and saul sexman are very Mingy in PD (my opinion)
I think your referring to Saul sexman and Betterman, however I understand what what you mean they can be seen as mingey which is why I tell them to stop obviously they don’t listen to me. It doesn’t look good being associated with minges though, so I understand your point.

TO dripz and bugzy - saul betterman here just thought id say Saul Badderman takes his role seriously, it is myself (Saul Betterman) who likes to have fun and mess around with the community which could be considered minging but personally i wouldn't even say that its that bad

JSR

+1 Great guy! I've seen him in game a few times and all experiences i've had with him have been good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom