Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Sin's 2nd staff application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sin

(Disclaimer, all players mentioned in this application are for the development of the application, not based off previous interactions in game. Defamation of In-game character is not my purpose, just using examples because typing everything in 1st person is boring and not creative)

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Sin
1.2 How old are you? 18
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Around 5 months
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:56750317
1.7 What is your Discord? Sin#4348
1.8 References (if any)? No lol, i didnt ask

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM is when a player kills or attempts to kill another player for no reason (Random death match)
Example 1: Gifyy goes up to spacey and shoots him in the face with a sniper after spacey just went up to Gifyy.
Example 2: Fin mauls Larry Barry to death with his fists after Larry Barry asked Fin how his day was.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR is when a player gets killed; after their death, the place/area where the player was killed, should not be returned to until 5 minutes have passed. A player must also "forget" what happened in their previous life (no revenge killing or targetting).
Example 1: Spicy gets killed by SCO-19 at BP, and straight after Spicy spawns, Spicy returns to BP and stays there for a while.
Example 2: Bobby Jenkins snipes Commisioner Parks at a RS mansion raid and then Parks returns to RS mansion and arrests Bobby Jenkins for having illegal firearms.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is a rule where a player must have some value and fear for their life.
Example 1: Fortuna is approached by Downy, DB and Sodaman who all have weapons out. They demand Fortuna give them 3k but Fortuna runs away from them and gets gunned down.
Example 2: Gunter Muller has a M249 and approaches Antony and says he's kidnapping him. Antony then pulls out a knife and starts stabbing Gunter Muller.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is the prejudice or dislike of people who are gay or apart of the LGBTQ+ community.
Example 1: Godlez makes a custom job which is called "Poof exterminators" and targets Kieran as he suspects Kieran is gay.
Example 2: Ohm makes comments in OOC chat such as "F*ggot", "i hate gays", etc for the sole reason of being spiteful.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism, like homophobia, is being prejudice, harmful, or exclusive of somebody based on their race.
Example 1: Christmas Hobo goes up to Autobans and calls him a "Ni**er"
Example 2: Spoon find out that Info is black and keeps on killing him and making his game miserable

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would bring both players to a sit and ask both players to explain what they thought happened in this scenario, i would then check logs to see whether William had adverted Carjack. Upon finding that William had adverted carjack i would inform William that he still isnt allowed to take the car as it is an NHS vehicle and crimes against NHS are not allowed. I would inform Joe that in any other non-NHS vehicle that this would be allowed but in this case it is not. I would check William's previous warns and if he had a few/done it before i would warn him for Crimes against NHS. If william hasn't had any warns or previous warns for Crimes against NHS, i would most likely give William a verbal and tell him not to do it again.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would firstly bring both players to a sit and check the logs to see if William did advert PD raid and if William and Joe were near PD at all. If there was an advert i would inform Joe that William is allowed to kill him as he was at PD when it was being raided and then return the two players. If there wasnt an advert I would Ban William for Mass RDM.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would first bring Joe to a quiet location and tell him that only the Hobo/Hobo king jobs can build on the pavement and ask that he removes his props. I would then check logs to see if there wasnt an advert, and upon finding there wasnt i would then let the players know that there wasnt an advert. I would then finally

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
(I was not aware that this even was a thing prior to my time on this server)
I would bring Joe to a sit and tell him that in chat there was an advert of a PD meeting and that no major crimes were allowed. I would then check if he had any previous warns/bans for similar behaviour if this wasnt his first time. I would then finally warn him for Fail RP but Ban him for Mass RDM if this is not the first time he's done this,

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I believe i should be chosen over other applicants as everybody has had a positive interaction with me in-game. Management of all the departments (bar NHS) are aware that i am ambitious and always looking to progress. As a result of this, why not expand my ambition to the staff team too!

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would ask the players in the sit to be patient while i message in the staff chat or ask for a higher up staff to come and help with the sit/situation.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, i was a moderator on a old Prisonrp server for a few months. I was also staff on this server for around 5 days until i stupidly broke NLR off-duty.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
Strength 1: I'm fair. I believe that people should get second chances especially if the first time was a mistake, i give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes but if i have to i can be quite firm on dishing out punishments.
Strength 2: I'm always looking to better myself as a player (hopefully staff too) I always look for ways to improve, even if small. For example, I was blacklisted off PD for breaking the rules when i started out and was gone for 2 months, in that time i became a surgeon in NHS, Management in RS and when my blacklist was over, i grinded out PD and became Chief inspector, TST in SCO-19 and Sergeant in NCA.
Strength 3: I have an almost perfect understanding of the rules in the server now.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
Weakness 1: I can be lenient with handing out punishments, i know how it feels to lose my temper and do something stupid and sometimes people just need a break.
Weakness 2: My activity dips in and out as i have stuff in my life going on all the time and im a very busy man (Can still get my SOD time though)
Weakness 3: Probably too invested in my role, i always look out for people breaking rules and make their game a bit less fun for them and, in the end, myself too

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I love helping the community and making members come together in the game to create a fun server for everybody to enjoy, and to get rid of minges. I would also love to be staff member as i have previous experience with staffing and are fully aware of the handing out fair but just punishments.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
No, just a awful voice to listen to

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

(editors note, fixed the questions that were left out. It didnt save because the application took to long and it timed out.)

Last edited:
I've never met you in server but you admittedly broke nlr whilst staff previously (nothing against you) also you shouldn't name other community's by name

+1
Pros
- Higher Up Management in Royal Syndicate
- Liked by the Community
- OG Staff Member did well when he was Staff
- Fun guy to RP with
- Knows his way around RP

Cons
- Did fail his first Trial as Staff, Not sure why as he was great when I was in Sit's with him.
Would love you on the staff team!

Reactions: Sin

Godlez

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
+1 great guy, very fun to roleplay with, never had a bad interaction, very active. would make an amazing staff member

JSR

+1

All interactions i've had with Sin have been good, always active. Would make a great staff member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom