Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Sin's staff application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sin

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Sin
1.2 How old are you? 18
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Almost 2 months now
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:56750317
1.7 What is your Discord? Sin4348
1.8 References (if any)? Haven't asked but probably not a lot

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM is when a player attempts or successfully kills another player for no apparant reason.
Example 1: Gifyy walks up to spicy outside of PD and shoots him in the face and runs away
Example 2: Larry barry drives up to Q1 who is walking through the tunnel and stabs him to death and drives off.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: NLR is when after you die you start a new life as a new person and cant return to the previous location or have any knowledge of your previous life so you cant vow for revenge. There is also a time limit for when you can return to the place of which you died. PD are exempt during a pd raid.
Example 1: Swishy gets killed by Anthony and after Swishy respawns he drives to Anthony, who hasnt left where Swishy died, and Swishy shoots Anthony in the face 50 times.
Example 2: John (Chips) Fries dies in a PD crate raid as a custom job by the pd and then respawns at hospital and snipes PD from BP.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: Fear rp is when your character has a fear for their own life.
Example 1: MR Z is only armed with a knife and Autobahns drives up to him and pulls out a m249 and mugs MR Z for 3k. MR Z pulls out his knife and tries to kill Autobahns
Example 2: Mr Nobody is armed with a silverballer but DB, Sodaman and Zaxe run up to him with AR-15s equipped and kidnap him and strips all. Mr Nobody then starts to shoot DB

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is discrimination or being prejudice to somebody because of their sexual orientation
Example 1: Sin is gay and Kieran goes up to Sin and says "Fuck you F*g, you deserve to die" then runs away
Example 2: Kieran is excluded from a PD tryout because the chief inspector finds out he is gay and refuses to do him a tryout.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism is the same as homophobia where you are discriminating somebody or being prejudice to them because of their race.
Example 1: Mazda is black and Gatesway calls him a "Cotton picker" and kills him after finding out he is black
Example 2: Legal Lee's character model is black and prospect puts him in jail because of the race of his ingame character.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would initiate the sit and bring both William and Joe to the admin location where i will ask for both sides of the story. Joe claims that William didn't advert carjack so then i would check logs and discover that he did. I would inform Joe that he did advert carjack and provide the evidence however it is against the rules to commit a crime against NHS so i would then check William's previous warns and/bans to determine whether its worth giving william a verbal or a warn. After the appropriate resolution i will wish both parties a good day and return them to roleplay.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Again i would bring both parties to a sit and ask for proof of William killing Joe or other people. I would then check the advert logs to see if William advert PD raid and when i find out he does i will inform Joe by providing the evidence. I would then check if the 6 kills William made where inside the PD and if so i would inform Joe that William hasn't gone against the rules and wish them both a good day; however if William killed the 6 people outside the pd who werent directly involved i would ban William for MassRDM and Fail Rp

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would begin by having a conversation with Joe and William, asking them for evidence if it's accessible. If Joe's evidence confirms that William violated the No-Roleplay Zone (NLR) rule, I would issue a warning to William for the NLR violation. Additionally, I would verbally caution Joe since he's not permitted to be on the pavement unless he's in the "Hobo" role.

If there's no evidence to consider, I would review the server logs to determine the time between Joe killing William and their subsequent encounter where William kills Joe. If this duration is less than five minutes, I would issue a warning to William for breaking the NLR rule.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would teleport Joe to a off map location and check his warns, if he has one or multiple then i will ban him for mass RDM but if he was unaware of the situation i'd let him go with a warn and no verbal because killing 10 people is unnaceptable

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I posess all the skills and qualities that are seeked by the staff team and do have active experience in having permissions and authority being HU in RS. I understand i wont be perfect or be the best staff there is but thats what a trial period is for right? I will take my trial period as a time to better myself and my already top-tier knowledge of the game to ensure that after my trial period is over i am a reliable and efficient staff member.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

In the slight chance I wouldn't know what to do in a situation i would check the staff handbook, and if I was still confused i would request another staff member to come and help me so it doesn't happen again in future.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

Yes, i was a moderator in a very old Jail rp server called werewolf or something like that. (Very sad it got shut down or is dead as i cannot find it :( )

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

I am a quick learner and i will soon enough learn all of the appropriate punishments and warns to be handed out to people.

I am super chilled out and can make other people chill when in a heated sit as emoitons do start to get the better of people during them (i've witnessed that every time)

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

My activity dips in and out, i find it hard to be authoritarian as i know what it feels like to be in the accused's situation but its something i will work on in future, and May forget the appropriate bans for certain situations but the handbook will rectify that.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I've been playing this server for ages now and i believe that my skills and qualities can be benefited in the staff team. In real life im studying on a police course as its always been my aspiration to help people and to be a good rolemodel to them. My personal views and values allign with the roles and responsibilities with being a staff member.

I always want to help people and i already do as a RS higher up and im always finding a way to make the game more fun for other people and as staff i can do so for everybody aswell.

In addition, its a good confidence boost and teaches me valuable life skills that, at a stretch, can benefit me in the real world too.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?

My voice is horrible

Have you received any help when creating this application?

No

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?

No (edit yes i do, i made a mistake here)

Last edited:
+1
- All of my experiences with you in RP have been great.
- You have a great knowledge of the rules.
- I have never had to deal with you as staff other than for someone falsely reporting you.
- You only have 2 warnings, which is very good.

Although,
- You said "No" to further fact-checking and background checking, this is mandatory, I suggest you edit your application.
- You did not answer 2.9

Overall, I think you have a great future in the staff team.

+1
- Super nice guy and fun to RP with!
- Highest HU rank in RS! (Shows that he is liked by the community)
- Good knowledge of the rules!
Would love you on the staff team!

+1

Good application overall
-Shows a Decent understandings of the rules
-Have seen you in game you appear as competent and mature.
-I've only had a positive experiences with you it was hard to find a place where you could work on.

My only negative about this would be regarding question 2.9 Just how you would handle it and understanding the rules surrounding that is my only negative.

jakey

Staff Manager
Forums Manager
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Graphics Designer
Accepted

Please contact myself, Azz or Parks to schedule an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom