Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Skateboard's Staff Application :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.1: What is your in-game name? Skateboard

1.2: How old are you? 14

1.3: Do you have a working microphone? Yes

1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? Since July 2021 (or before that was when I joined the main discord)

1.5: Are you fluent in English? Yes

1.6: What is your steamID? STEAM_0:1:506231155

1.7: References (if any)?: no1zombiefreak, hybrid, Ohm, Moon, Jake Robbs, Legal Lee

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM stands for random death match and it is when you kill somebody without a reason or with no roleplay. If 4 or more people are killed it is mass RDM.
1. A citizen is walking to suburbs to buy a house but as he is walking he gets sniped by an assassin without a hit.
2. Somebody joins the server for the first time, walks out of spawn and punches a lawyer to death for no reason.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: NLR stands for new life rule and means if you die in a situation and then for example if it finished after you die you cannot return to that place or be part of that situation for 5 minutes. If you die and it has been 5 minutes you still cannot return to that place until the situation is over and you do not remember anything from your past life and should not interact with anything from your past life.
1. A crim sas and a master thief are robbing the police armoury. The crim SAS is killed because he missed his shots with that really bad high recoil gun he gets. once he respawns he gets his ammo and attachments then returns to help the master thief raid the PD after dying to the police at the situation.
2. 3 terrorists adverted kidnap and attempts to kidnap a London Mafia member. 6 London Mafia Soldiers try to kill the terrorists but they get killed and then return once respawning and kill the terrorists.

2.3: Define fearRP and provide two examples: FearRP is the player must pretend to be scared if outnumbered by at least 2 people threatening your life with firearms.
1. 4 SCO19 have a custom job who just robbed the post office at gun point which he is unarmed. The custom job has his hands up then pulls out his gun and attempts to kill the police.
2. A man is being kidnapped so they can bring him to there base and sell him. There is 6 terrorists with guns pointed at him. The man being kidnapped punches one of the gun equipped men and then attempts to run to safety.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is hating on a member of the LGBT community.
1. Somebody comes out as gay. The other person then says he hates him and calls him the f slur because he is gay.
2. Somebody is being harassed constantly and followed around on the server because they are lesbian.

2.5: What is racism and provide two examples: Racism means that you don't like someone because of their colour or ethnicity.
1. A PCSO says in voice chat during a PD Meeting how he does not like the police commander hosting the meeting police commander because he is black.
2. A gun dealer stabs somebody at the car dealer because he spoke a different language to English

Please answer the following questions as if you were a trial-mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports his for failing to advert carjack. What steps would you take to resolve this sit?
I would bring William and Joe into a sit and get them both to explain their side. I would check logs to see if carjack was adverted but if it was I would warn him for crimes against NHS but if he is new I would jail him and make him read the server rules.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting at him for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people.
I will pause the police raid RP, or end it then bring Joe and William into a sit. I will get their stories and then check logs to see if William adverted PD raid. If he did advert PD raid and killed 6 people I would tell Joe to make sure he is correct before reporting a player.

2.8: Joe (drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills william. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells
all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I bring Joe and William into a sit and ask them both their sides of the story. I will then check the logs to see if William adverted raid. If there was no advert I would warn William for failure to advert and NLR. I would also tell Joe he cannot build on the sidewalk because he is not a hobo/road worker

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts "PD Meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes. Joe as a jihad adverts bombing and kills 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Bring him into a sit and check logs to see if PD meeting was adverted then when I see he did I would check logs to see how many people Joe killed. I would ban Joe for mass RDM for 5 weeks.

Section C: Questions
3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I think I should be chosen over other people because I am active and want to be staff because players commonly break the rules and I want to stop this to make the community a better place so people can roleplay. I also have a clear understanding of the server rules. I have played this server for about a year and a half and feel I am in a suitable position to be staff. I want to be given a chance to show what I can do for this community.
I hope to see myself in a staff position at some point in the future.

3.2: If you were in a situation you didn't know how to handle what would you do?
I would ask another staff member which is a higher rank/has more experience for some help.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
No, Riverside is the only server I play.

3.4: List three strengths that will help you as staff.
1. Professionalism and calm in all situations.
2. I will be able to respect people and have dedication about being staff.
3. I would be fair and honest towards everyone.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you as staff.
1. Can't play if I have school work or gone out.
2. I haven't been staff on a Garry's mod server before.
3. N/A could not think of much.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to make this server fun for everybody and help bring rule breakers to a stop.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or any other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
No

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes

Last edited:
+1 Yes Just Yes, You deserve staff, you are a perfect fit, you are nice have a good sense of humour, also you are extremely active within the community, The staff application is a bit undetailed but besides that you are a good fit for staffing - Good Luck - ⚜️Legal Lee⚜️

+1 Yes Just Yes, You deserve staff, you are a perfect fit, you are nice have a good sense of humour, also you are extremely active within the community, The staff application is a bit undetailed but besides that you are a good fit for staffing - Good Luck - ⚜️Legal Lee⚜️
Thanks for the feedback :) Added a bit more detail to my exampels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom