Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted SmoCZY's staff application

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoCZY8

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Smockzy
1.2 How old are you? 17
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? I joined around 2 years ago, and been enjoying server for some time now.
1.5 Are you fluent in English? I am foreign but I can speak fluent english
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:505399165
1.7 What is your Discord? §§𝓢𝓶𝓸𝓒𝓩𝓨Ⅷ#1880
1.8 References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:RandomDeathMatch - randomly killing anyone for no reason
1. Guy A buys a gun from local gun seller. Comes out of spawn and kills Guy B for no reason.
2. Guy A somehow gets a gun and randomly kills an officer.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: New Life Rule - If you die you cannot deal with your "recent life" in next 5 mins
1. Guy A have just been raided, he instantly comes back to his raided base.
2. There was a bank raid and Guy A in which Guy A dies. He instantly comes back to pick his stuff.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP is valuing your life just like in real life.
1. Guy A adverts robbery on Guy B. Guy B doesn't care at all and he leaves the area of robbery straight away.
2. Guy A is a criminal job (e.x thief) and is holding a gun at police officers. Guy A doesn't care that he is outnumbered and continues with rp situiaition.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homphobia - negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality or people who identify as lgtq
1. Guy A said his own personal informations about being homosexual. Guy B started cursing, and laughing of Guy A for the things he said.
2. Guy A randomly starts calling somebody a femboy( or anything else homophobic) for no reason and doesn't want to stop it.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: racism is dyscrymination for someone's race
1. Guy A is mic spamming N-words.
2. Guy A started mic spamming music which is racist or put a textscreens with something racist.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would bring them both into a staff room, then proceeded to explain why i brought them in here in a first place. Then I would tell William that there is no job that can steal NHS vehicles. In meanwhiel i'd check logs of William's warns and check if he has been arleady warned for this before. If he actually didn't know that infomration i would just verbally warn him. However if he did it on purpose I would gladly warn him for Failing to advert a carjack.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would tp boht gents to admin room then proceeded explaining what Joe has been reported for. Id check logs of adverts and if he broke any cooldowns. If Joe actually did pd raid without braking any rules then I'll explain William that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, because Joe didnt brake any rules. I'll start explaining Joe how pd raids work if he didnt know it. At the end i'd tell both of themto have a great day and tp them back.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? First off all Joe cannot build on sidewalk as drug dealer. William failed to advert a raid, broke NLR plus RevengeRDM'd (pretty much RDM'd for no reason). I Might actually call some higher up ranked staff to help me with this sit, but if i were alone I would Ban william for failing to advertize/NLR/RDM. And then Freebuild/RDM. And dont know what to do with this meth, basicly I don't know how refund work here or if there are any.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? As a rule B14 says "When a government official with the appropriate authorisation announces "no major crimes" for a meeting, no major crimes may be executed. PD raids, bank raids, base raids, BP/PO raids, kidnappings and terror/bombings are considered to be major crimes.". That means I'll have to get a more priviledged staff member to ban Joe for breaking rules of Major crimes/pd meeting.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
In my opinion eeveryone has something different to bring to the table but I just want to let you know that I'm the probably one of the most active people recently on the server and I believe with my help it could change overall activity of the staff team if I was on it and I just love being on server. It's something I've always loved and always did and I would love to dedicate my staffing experiences to other players.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would freely ask higher up ranked admin to help with my case. Im here to learn more things right?

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes I do:

MilitaryRP Visca gaming - server doesn't exist anymore dunno why.
PrisonRP - DigitalDeltaGaming - Owner (Rexxor) put it down to create darkrp

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
I am confident, competent, and not worried to take any further steps.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
Time not enought of time is my weakness, and maybe little bit of stress.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to help grow the community, prevent bad behavior, and assist on the server.
I've noticed rule breakers on the server, which is a common issue, especially when there are not enough staff online.
With 1800+ hours in Garry's Mod, I'm dedicated to improving the community and addressing issues, even during late-night hours.
I'm 17 and have pursued a staff role before and I believe I can help combat trolls and ensure a better experience for players.
I'm highly active, playing 1 to 7+ hours daily, and as a Trial Moderator, I can support the existing staff.
My goal is to enhance the RiversideGaming experience, especially in PoliceRP, and I'm committed to responsible server management to prevent player departures.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? No

I hope you(readers) have a great day.

Have you received any help when creating this application? Hell no.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Sure

Last edited:
Neutral
I personally have had no experiences with you in RP, but I have seen you on the server recently.
While your application has a good length, you have made some minor errors, for example:

- 2.6: You mentioned FTA as the warn reason, while it should have been Crimes against NHS.
- 2.9: You should try to see what the difference in time was between the adverts, as if it was very small (<1sec), then it can be an honest mistake.
Some more things to add on is:
- (This may be just me), but as I have not seen you, try and improve your involvement in the server and try to get a reputation we can base you off of.
- Use applications submitted and accepted in the past to help you acknowledge your mistakes and improve your application (don't copy word for word!)

+1 good guy met him in game once or twice each time he was very nice but FYI that name may cause u trouble

SmoCZY8

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
+1 good guy met him in game once or twice each time he was very nice but FYI that name may cause u trouble
apprieciate you for telling me, didnt know guy named like this ever existed TY probably saved my career fr.

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Smockzy
1.2 How old are you? 17
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? I joined around 2 years ago, and been enjoying server for some time now.
1.5 Are you fluent in English? I am foreign but I can speak fluent english
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:505399165
1.7 What is your Discord? §§𝓢𝓶𝓸𝓒𝓩𝓨Ⅷ#1880
1.8 References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:RandomDeathMatch - randomly killing anyone for no reason
1. Guy A buys a gun from local gun seller. Comes out of spawn and kills Guy B for no reason.
2. Guy A somehow gets a gun and randomly kills an officer.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: New Life Rule - If you die you cannot deal with your "recent life" in next 5 mins
1. Guy A have just been raided, he instantly comes back to his raided base.
2. There was a bank raid and Guy A in which Guy A dies. He instantly comes back to pick his stuff.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP is valuing your life just like in real life.
1. Guy A adverts robbery on Guy B. Guy B doesn't care at all and he leaves the area of robbery straight away.
2. Guy A is a criminal job (e.x thief) and is holding a gun at police officers. Guy A doesn't care that he is outnumbered and continues with rp situiaition.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homphobia - negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality or people who identify as lgtq
1. Guy A said his own personal informations about being homosexual. Guy B started cursing, and laughing of Guy A for the things he said.
2. Guy A randomly starts calling somebody a femboy( or anything else homophobic) for no reason and doesn't want to stop it.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: racism is dyscrymination for someone's race
1. Guy A is mic spamming N-words.
2. Guy A started mic spamming music which is racist or put a textscreens with something racist.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would bring them both into a staff room, then proceeded to explain why i brought them in here in a first place. Then I would tell William that there is no job that can steal NHS vehicles. In meanwhiel i'd check logs of William's warns and check if he has been arleady warned for this before. If he actually didn't know that infomration i would just verbally warn him. However if he did it on purpose I would gladly warn him for Failing to advert a carjack.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would tp boht gents to admin room then proceeded explaining what Joe has been reported for. Id check logs of adverts and if he broke any cooldowns. If Joe actually did pd raid without braking any rules then I'll explain William that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, because Joe didnt brake any rules. I'll start explaining Joe how pd raids work if he didnt know it. At the end i'd tell both of themto have a great day and tp them back.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? First off all Joe cannot build on sidewalk as drug dealer. William failed to advert a raid, broke NLR plus RevengeRDM'd (pretty much RDM'd for no reason). I Might actually call some higher up ranked staff to help me with this sit, but if i were alone I would Ban william for failing to advertize/NLR/RDM. And then Freebuild/RDM. And dont know what to do with this meth, basicly I don't know how refund work here or if there are any.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? As a rule B14 says "When a government official with the appropriate authorisation announces "no major crimes" for a meeting, no major crimes may be executed. PD raids, bank raids, base raids, BP/PO raids, kidnappings and terror/bombings are considered to be major crimes.". That means I'll have to get a more priviledged staff member to ban Joe for breaking rules of Major crimes/pd meeting.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
In my opinion eeveryone has something different to bring to the table but I just want to let you know that I'm the probably one of the most active people recently on the server and I believe with my help it could change overall activity of the staff team if I was on it and I just love being on server. It's something I've always loved and always did and I would love to dedicate my staffing experiences to other players.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would freely ask higher up ranked admin to help with my case. Im here to learn more things right?

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes I do:

MilitaryRP Visca gaming - server doesn't exist anymore dunno why.
PrisonRP - DigitalDeltaGaming - Owner (Rexxor) put it down to create darkrp

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
I am confident, competent, and not worried to take any further steps.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
Time not enought of time is my weakness, and maybe little bit of stress.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to help grow the community, prevent bad behavior, and assist on the server.
I've noticed rule breakers on the server, which is a common issue, especially when there are not enough staff online.
With 1800+ hours in Garry's Mod, I'm dedicated to improving the community and addressing issues, even during late-night hours.
I'm 17 and have pursued a staff role before and I believe I can help combat trolls and ensure a better experience for players.
I'm highly active, playing 1 to 7+ hours daily, and as a Trial Moderator, I can support the existing staff.
My goal is to enhance the RiversideGaming experience, especially in PoliceRP, and I'm committed to responsible server management to prevent player departures.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? No

I hope you(readers) have a great day.

Have you received any help when creating this application? Hell no.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Sure
+1 This guy has got a great understanding of the rules!

Overall +1
I have known you for a few months now. You have a good understanding of the server and I find you to be professional when talking to others. Although there is a minor language barrier you are fluent in English and it would be a pleasure to have you on the team

Godlez

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
+1 I have seen you on the server a lot you are always good fun to roleplay with you also have a very detailed staff application, I think you would make a great new addition to the staff team.

+1
Have seen you on the server a lot you generally have a good understanding of the servers rules, I see you actively engaging in a vary of roleplay scenarios and you are a very friendly person, Personally I think you would be a great addition to the staff team!

john fries

+1

Although I have never seen you personally in game, you seem like an excellent player on the server. From looking at your application, it is super detailed and has all the information I would expect of a high quality staff member. Except for a kick in the last month or so, you have no punishments.

Overall, I'd love to see you on the staff team.

SmoCZY8

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
+1

Although I have never seen you personally in game, you seem like an excellent player on the server. From looking at your application, it is super detailed and has all the information I would expect of a high quality staff member. Except for a kick in the last month or so, you have no punishments.

Overall, I'd love to see you on the staff team.
Thanks for such a opinion, however I do not remember me being kicked from server at all. Have a goody one.

Mathew

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
1+
I believe I have seen you in the game some times. Your staff application also looks good. It looks like you got an alright rule knowledge.

So overall a 1+. Would be nice to see you apart of the staff team

- Senior Moderator - Support team
- NHS Operations Manager

jakey

Staff Manager
Forums Manager
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Graphics Designer
Accepted.

Please contact myself, Azz or Parks for an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom