Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Spacey's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Must have played Riverside for at least two weeks. Yes.
- Cannot staff another server. Understood.
- Access to Discord. Yes.
- A working microphone. Yes.
- Clear understanding of the rules. Yes.

Other rules:
- Do not copy your application from a previously written one.
- Do not mention other communities by name.
- Style your application so it is easy to read.
- If your application is denied you may re-apply in one week.

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Spacey

1.2 How old are you? 14

1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes

1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? 1 year

1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes, and fluent in Polish.

1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:431471716

1.7 What is your Discord? teasippingbrit

1.8 References (if any)? John Fries, BO11OCKS, W7nKle, your mum

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM or Random Deathmatch, is where a player kills another play for no apparent reason.
Some examples of this is:
1. John spawns in as a Roadman and stabs Alex in the back, killing him.
2. Steve spawn in, takes out his AKM, sees and shoots Alex randomly in the middle of the street.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

NLR or the New Life Rule is a rule in which after a player dies, they have a new life, with no recollection of their previous memories. In Riverside, this means that a player must not reengage in roleplay that has happened in the previous life, along with not returning to the area for a minimum of 5 minutes.
Some examples of this are:
1. John gets mugged by Alex by the Vauxhall dealership. After refusing to pay Alex the £3000 pounds he ordered, he was killed by Alex. In order to seek revenge, John respawns at Vauxhall dealership and kills Alex.
2. John, as a Professional Grower, gets his base raided by the NCA. John then proceeds to try to kill the NCA and protect his operation. In self-defence, the NCA shoots and kills John. John then respawns and returns back to his base and shoots the NCA that are seizing his operation.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP is when you are outnumbered/outgunned, and you must comply with their demands due the the “fear” that you would experience in real life.
1. A car with two roadmen pulls up to John who is walking to KFC. They pull out AK-47’s and demand you to drop £3000 and they then announce that this is a mugging. John then pulls out a knife and starts to stab the two roadmen.
2. John was a PC on patrol, when he decided to pull onto the side of the road. Four members of the Royal Syndicate pull out AK-47’s and demand the PC to get out of the car, in a carjack. The PC then speeds away from the situation.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:

Homophobia refers to the discrimination and general hate towards people who are part of the LGBTQ+ community.
1. John sets his RP name as “Gay John”. Alex then comes up to him and shoots him dead. He then screams on the mic: “Die you gay prick!”
2. John, as a SCO19 PVT, finds out that a player on the server is gay. John then targets and RDM’s the player on sight, for no reason. He then shouts on the mic: “That’s what you get for being gay!”

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

Racism refers to the prejudice or discrimination on a person due to their ethnicity or skin colour.
1. John sees and shoots Alex dead because he said in chat that he was Black.
2. An INS fails a Cadet from passing his training because he mentioned he was mixed race.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would first bring both players to a sit. I would ask for Williams side of the story. After hearing his story, I would then check logs to see if William did truly steal an NHS vehicle. If he did, I would then inform him that he had broken rule D10 of the Riverside Roleplay rules, which is that you are not allowed to steal NHS vehicles. If the player seems genuinely apologetic, and he has low or no warnings in the past, I will then issue him a verbal warning that you are not allowed to steal NHS vehicles. If he had been warned for this before, I would either warn him or jail him for breaking rule D10 and tell him to read the rules carefully by telling them the command !motd to open the rules of the server.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would first bring Joe to a sit with me. I would ask him what had happened, and then asking for evidence of William’s RDM/ARDM. If the evidence clearly shows William dealing damage to Joe, while he was interfering with the PD raid, then there will be no punishment, and I would dismiss the sit and return Joe. If the evidence shows either: William shooting Joe for no reason (i.e not interfering with the PD raid) or if Joe did not advert PD raid, or that Joe did not even start a PD raid, I would bring Joe to the sit, and I would explain the current verdict I have upon his punishment.
This would depend on his past warns/bans. If William did advert PD raid and did in fact raid the PD, but committed ARDM/RDM on Joe, then I would issue a warn. If he had multiple warning for this issue multiple times before, then I would issue a stronger punishment. If this was his first/second infringement, then I would issue a warning for ARDM/RDM. If he did not in fact do a PD raid, then I would ban him for MRDM and for lying to a staff member.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would first bring Joe to a sit and ask what had happened. After hearing his story, I would ask for evidence to back up his accusation. I would inform him that he is not the right job to build on the sidewalk, and after checking his punishment history, and if he had not had many past infringements for this, I would issue him a warning for building on the sidewalk while not being the correct job. If his story stands true, then I would bring William to the sit and ask why he had failed to advert and committed NLR. I would then explain to William that this is not allowed and would issue a warning for NLR and a warning for FTA.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would first have a look at the logs to see if William had adverted for a PD meeting, and if Joe had adverted bombing. If they had both adverted, I would have a look at the timing between both adverts. If Joe had adverted bombing before William had adverted for a PD meeting, then I would not issue a punishment and close the sit. If Joe had adverted bombing after William had adverted for a PD meeting, I would then ban Joe for MRDM.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I feel as if I should be chosen over other applicants as I have a genuine love for helping people. I like to help fix any mishaps or arguments that could arise, and I feel that I am very active, knowledgeable on the rules and punishments that would be given out. I feel that I am also very fair and I always listen to both sides of the story, and giving people a solid chance if I feel they are genuinely sorry for what they have done, if they did not know that what they had done was against the rules.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

If I were in a situation that I did not know how to handle I would ask other/higher ranking admins or moderators to help with the situation. I would explain the situation to them and give them my perspective on the issue.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

I do not have previous experience staffing Garry’s Mod servers, but I do have great experience in staffing discord communities and various Minecraft servers.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

I feel that 3 strengths that I have is that I am very fair, knowledgeable and active.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you are staff:

3 weaknesses that may affect me when I am staff is that I do not cope the best under pressure, sometimes my spelling can be not the best, and I may sometimes need second opinions on situations.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I would like to be a staff member on Riverside as I have a genuine passion for helping people. I enjoy to fix arguments or confrontation, give justice and punishments to the right people. Because of my young age, I feel that I could also benefit from this position for my future life and goals by dealing better under pressure, learning discipline and some “job” experience. I also feel that I could be very fair and active, helping out other staff and in general helping to police the server from rule breakers.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?

I’m not the best at spelling and to be brutally honest I don’t cope the best under pressure, but I feel as if I could improve at this at my time being a staff member, hopefully this does not affect the outcome of my application.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No.

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes.

Thank you for considering my Staff Application.

Last edited:

your_mum ;)

Staff Member
- Must have played Riverside for at least two weeks. Yes.
- Cannot staff another server. Understood.
- Access to Discord. Yes.
- A working microphone. Yes.
- Clear understanding of the rules. Yes.

Other rules:
- Do not copy your application from a previously written one.
- Do not mention other communities by name.
- Style your application so it is easy to read.
- If your application is denied you may re-apply in one week.

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Spacey

1.2 How old are you? 14

1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes

1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? 1 year

1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes

1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:431471716

1.7 What is your Discord? teasippingbrit

1.8 References (if any)? John Fries, BO11OCKS, W7nKle, your mum

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM or Random Deathmatch, is where a player kills another play for no apparent reason.
1. John spawns in as a Roadman and stabs Alex in the back, killing him.
2. Steve spawn in, takes out his AKM, sees and shoots Alex randomly in the middle of the street.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

NLR or the New Life Rule is a rule in which after a player dies, they have a new life, with no recollection of their previous memories. In Riverside, this means that a player must not reengage in roleplay that has happened in the previous life, along with not returning to the area for a minimum of 5 minutes.
1. John gets mugged by Alex by the Vauxhall dealership. After refusing to pay Alex the £3000 pounds he ordered, he was killed by Alex. In order to seek revenge, John respawns at Vauxhall dealership and kills Alex.
2. John, as a Professional Grower, gets his base raided by the NCA. John then proceeds to try to kill the NCA and protect his operation. In self-defence, the NCA shoots and kills John. John then respawns and returns back to his base and shoots the NCA that are seizing his operation.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP is when you are outnumbered/outgunned, and you must comply with their demands due the the “fear” that you would experience in real life.
1. A car with two roadmen pulls up to John who is walking to KFC. They pull out AK-47’s and demand you to drop £3000 and they then announce that this is a mugging. John then pulls out a knife and starts to stab the two roadmen.
2. John was a PC on patrol, when he decided to pull onto the side of the road. Four members of the Royal Syndicate pull out AK-47’s and demand the PC to get out of the car, in a carjack. The PC then speeds away from the situation.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:

Homophobia refers to the discrimination and general hate towards people who are part of the LGBTQ+ community.
1. John sets his RP name as “Gay John”. Alex then comes up to him and shoots him dead. He then screams on the mic: “Die you gay prick!”
2. John, as a SCO19 PVT, finds out that a player on the server is gay. John then targets and RDM’s the player on sight, for no reason. He then shouts on the mic: “That’s what you get for being gay!”

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

Racism refers to the prejudice or discrimination on a person due to their ethnicity or skin colour.
1. John sees and shoots Alex dead because he said in chat that he was Black.
2. An INS fails a Cadet from passing his training because he mentioned he was mixed race.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would first bring both players to a sit. I would ask for Williams side of the story. After hearing his story, I would then check logs to see if William did truly steal an NHS vehicle. If he did, I would then inform him that he had broken rule D10 of the Riverside Roleplay rules, which is that you are not allowed to steal NHS vehicles. If the player seems genuinely apologetic, and he has low or no warnings in the past, I will then issue him a verbal warning that you are not allowed to steal NHS vehicles. If he had been warned for this before, I would either warn him or jail him for breaking rule D10 and tell him to read the rules carefully by telling them the command !motd to open the rules of the server.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would first bring Joe to a sit with me. I would ask him what had happened, and then asking for evidence of William’s RDM/ARDM. If the evidence clearly shows William dealing damage to Joe, while he was interfering with the PD raid, then there will be no punishment, and I would dismiss the sit and return Joe. If the evidence shows either: William shooting Joe for no reason (i.e not interfering with the PD raid) or if Joe did not advert PD raid, or that Joe did not even start a PD raid, I would bring Joe to the sit, and I would explain the current verdict I have upon his punishment.
This would depend on his past warns/bans. If William did advert PD raid and did in fact raid the PD, but committed ARDM/RDM on Joe, then I would issue a warn. If he had multiple warning for this issue multiple times before, then I would issue a stronger punishment. If this was his first/second infringement, then I would issue a warning for ARDM/RDM. If he did not in fact do a PD raid, then I would ban him for MRDM and for lying to a staff member.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would first bring Joe to a sit and ask what had happened. After hearing his story, I would ask for evidence to back up his accusation. I would inform him that he is not the right job to build on the sidewalk, and after checking his punishment history, and if he had not had many past infringements for this, I would issue him a warning for building on the sidewalk while not being the correct job. If his story stands true, then I would bring William to the sit and ask why he had failed to advert and committed NLR. I would then explain to William that this is not allowed and would issue a warning for NLR and a warning for FTA.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would first have a look at the logs to see if William had adverted for a PD meeting, and if Joe had adverted bombing. If they had both adverted, I would have a look at the timing between both adverts. If Joe had adverted bombing before William had adverted for a PD meeting, then I would not issue a punishment and close the sit. If Joe had adverted bombing after William had adverted for a PD meeting, I would then ban Joe for MRDM.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I feel as if I should be chosen over other applicants as I have a genuine love for helping people. I like to help fix any mishaps or arguments that could arise, and I feel that I am very active, knowledgeable on the rules and punishments that would be given out. I feel that I am also very fair and I always listen to both sides of the story, and giving people a solid chance if I feel they are genuinely sorry for what they have done, if they did not know that what they had done was against the rules.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

If I were in a situation that I did not know how to handle I would ask other/higher ranking admins or moderators to help with the situation. I would explain the situation to them and give them my perspective on the issue.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

I do not have previous experience staffing Garry’s Mod servers, but I do have great experience in staffing discord communities and various Minecraft servers.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

I feel that 3 strengths that I have is that I am very fair, knowledgeable and active.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you are staff:

3 weaknesses that may affect me when I am staff is that I do not cope the best under pressure, sometimes my spelling can be not the best, and I may sometimes need second opinions on situations.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I would like to be a staff member on Riverside as I have a genuine passion for helping people. I enjoy to fix arguments or confrontation, give justice and punishments to the right people. Because of my young age, I feel that I could also benefit from this position for my future life and goals by dealing better under pressure, learning discipline and some “job” experience. I also feel that I could be very fair and active, helping out other staff and in general helping to police the server from rule breakers.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?

I’m not the best at spelling and to be brutally honest I don’t cope the best under pressure, but I feel as if I could improve at this at my time being a staff member, hopefully this does not affect the outcome of my application.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No.

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes.

Thank you for considering my Staff Application.
he knows what hes doing and deserves all the staff grat

=============================================================
I do not believe you would be a capable staff member as I feel as you are only just now growing into a capable roleplayer and in my opinion staff should all be capable of roleplay before they start enforing rules upon players roleplay

I don't entirely know who you are.
From the times i've interacted with you I haven't seen the best roleplay..

Dale

Community Manager
Staff Manager
Superadmin
Staff Member
Community Management
Unfortunately I do side with the references made by my fellow staff members.. I do not intend to accept your application until you have proven that you can make a positive contribution. Sorry.

Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom