Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Splezvr Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Splezvr
1.2 How old are you? 18
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? since November last year
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:193742084
1.7 References (if any)? Leo

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: Random Death Match, When you kill someone randomly, or they kill you randomly
Example 1: Charlie decides to kill john just as they leave spawn.
Example 2: James insults Leo telling them that they smell. Leo then shoots James

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: New Life Rule. You're not aloud to return to the same place until you're NRL has gone
Example 1: Sebastian has taken part in a PD raid. During this PD raid he got peppered with bullets and suffered fatal internal bleeding. He decides to go back there and continue the raid.
Example 2: PC Bobi was in the process of arresting Roland. Unfortunately, PC Bobi was brutally battered by a double decker bus. PC Bobi decides to return to the scene to continue arresting Roland.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP is when you must value your character's life when threatened
FearRP applies either when you have no weapons in your possession and are being threatened with a firearm
Example 1: daniel goes up to lily and begins to mug her. Instead of handing over the cash Lily pulls out a knife and attacks Daniel.
Example 2: Josh decides one day that he would like to steal from the bank. Without a plan nor a gun he finds himself inside the vault. The alarm goes off leading to a squad of police entering the vault room asking that Josh surrenders. Joshinstead tries to run away.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: when someone disrespect LGBTQ or being Homophobic towards yourself
Example 1: Calling someone the F slur.
Example 2: Intentionally harassing someone due to their sexual preference.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: When someone takes the mick out of someones race
Example 1: Calling someone a derogatory term against their race / ethnic group such as the N word.
Example 2: Intentionally harassing someone due to their race / ethnic group.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would inform Joe that regardless of if he adverted or not it is against server rules to steal an NHS vehicle. I would then give Joe the suitable punishment and conclude the sit.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? Firstly, I would bring both William and Joe to a suitable location to handle the sit. I would have them both provide their perspectives and any details that they believe are relevant. Now this kind of situation can be very ambiguous so I would ask if either had a clip or and supporting evidence. If not, I would look at what I had.
Now if Joe was on a government job than that would be a reason to engage. If not, then I would look to see if at any point Joe had damaged William. If I found that Joe had no damage logs against Joe than that would support the theory. Problem is Joe could’ve had a gun out and aiming at Joe.
With all the possibilities and scenarios that could’ve taken place I would evaluate the information I received and if I solid grounds against William, I would give them the appropriate punishment but if not, I would ask William to be careful in the future and to avoid these situations. Of course, if any of the other six that William killed came forward with a supporting story than that would definitely add to suspicions and if solid enough, I would again give the appropriate punishment based on how many came forward.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
so I would bring both William and Joe to a suitable location to handle the sit. Now in this situation, both sides are in the wrong in some way. Being that Joe is a drug dealer and not a Hobo he shouldn’t be basing on the sidewalk in the first place. Now due to Joes base being illegitimate I personally would look past the failing to advert but would still follow up on RDM due to the lack of advert. I wouldn’t look past Williams clear violation of NLR. I would hand out the appropriate punishments to both Joe and William with Joe having a Fail base and William having both committed RDM and violating NLR.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would bring just Joe to an appropriate sit location. Now I would first ask him his reasoning for his actions. Considering the magnitude of this right before a meeting I personally would go the Mass RDM route unless suitable reasoning or an appropriate level of remorse was given. Even then I would probably just lessen the punishment but still move forward

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I would make a conscious effort to better the server and increase quality of life within it. I have met and talked to some great people on this server, and I would love to see this server thrive and aid in its upkeep. I believe I have good enough judgment and have to ability to resolve situations logically and fairly. I will always look for and strive to have the best outcome in any given situation.
I have had experience in the past and the knowledge I have gained from then I hope to utilise in the future. I wish to help enforce the rules of the server mainly due to the extensive amount of rule breaking I see as a frequent player. I have witnessed in some cases staff underperforming in sits for whatever reason and I want to improve the general perception of the staff team in any way I can. Sometimes wait times for sits can be quite long whether this be down to staff being busy with other sits or lack there of.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? Call upon another admin or speak to them for any advice I would keep going up the ladder to a higher member of staff.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? no

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: leadership, communication, Problem solving

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: shyness, self-critical

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? Because i want to help improve the server, ive seen many people who abuse the rules. i want to put that right i want to make sure this server is fun but keep people in line I want to be a bigger part of it and help the server become even better. I want to do good towards this server and it really gets on my nerves when I see players spoiling the fun by breaking rules

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? Autism

Last edited:
Denied, you can't copy another application and expect to get into the staff team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom