Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Staff application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? INF Naruto
1.2 How old are you? 16
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? 1 year and a few months
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:225156939
1.7 References (if any)? INFINITY gang members

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM (random deathmatch) is killing someone with no valid RP reason.
Example 1: Player A kills Player B to practise their aim.
Example 2: Player A kills player B for calling him a bitch in OOC.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: NLR (new life rule) is when you die, you must forget about everything from your previous life and refrain from returning to your death location for 5 minutes.
Example 1: Player A dies while raiding a base then respawns and goes back to the base 1 minute late and continues raiding.
Example 2: Player A kills Player B then Player B returns 10 minutes later and kills Player A for killing him.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP is when you are outnumbered with firearms and you must roleplay fear and comply with the individuals outnumbering you
Example 1: Player A is unarmed and has 3 police officers pointing AR-15's at him and telling him to stop moving then Player A decides to run off.
Example 2: Player A is not holding out any weapon and being kidnapped by 5 armed individuals then Player A decides to ignore all instructions

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is where you discriminate someone for being gay.
Example 1: Player A calls a gay person the f slur.
Example 2: Player A kills a gay person because they are gay.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism is where you discriminate someone for their race.
Example 1: Player A calls a black person the n word.
Example 2: Player A kills a black person because they are black.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring both players into a sit and after seeing proof that William had stolen the NHS members vehicle, I would warn William for stealing the NHS vehicle and explain to him he cannot steal NHS vehicles.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring both players into a sit and find out the details behind the situation. If Joe was not doing a PD raid or wasn't anywhere near PD I would ban him for Mass RDM. However, if it was a PD raid and he had a valid reason to kill 6 people, I wouldn't take action.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring both players into a sit and explain to Joe that he cannot build on the sidewalk and let him know that only Hobos can. I would then explain to William that he must advert raid before raiding a base otherwise it's RDM. I would then explain to William that he also cannot return back to the situation as it is NLR. I would come to the decision to jail both players for 300 seconds and ensure they both read the rules before returning to RP.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would warn Joe for doing majors during a PD meeting and have him banned for Mass RDM, however if he could prove he was unaware such as joining way after the advert, I would let him off with a verbal warning.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I believe I should be chosen over other applicants because I've been a member of the Riverside community for quite a while and I have recognised all the rules now. I have a very good understanding of how the server works, the rules and I am willing to dedicate a lot of time towards the server. I can be active at any time of the day and I can commit to getting rid of the high amount of minges who are building up on this server. I believe that I have proved my worthiness and improvement on myself since I've been allowed back into the server a little over a month ago as I've not faced any punishments within this period and remained a calm player.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? I would ask another staff member for assistance.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? Not within GMOD however I do on other games.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
1. Fast learner
2. Good communication
3. Decisive

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
1. I overdo things at times
2. Bad history/reputation from 2021
3. I prioritise my real life

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? After recently being allowed back into the server, I originally didn't have any intentions on attempting to become staff as I didn't feel like I deserved it in any way due to how I used to be like in 2021 when I first joined, but this changed after I noticed the lack of staff and the consistent minging I come across that ruins the server for everyone, such as: prop blocking in the middle of the road, mass rdmers, people who push cars with textscreen and so much more. I feel like I should step up and dedicate some of my free time I will have in the coming months to help stop people like this and any other rule breakers. It's getting out of hand as there are moments where the server can be at it's peak activity time and there are no staff to enforce the rules.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? No.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes.

Denied - I don't think you are ready to become staff yet.

You May Reapply In a Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom