Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Femboy
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
2-3 Weeks
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID?
1.7 References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM, Term used to simplify random killing without a valid reason of another player.
Example 1: Shooting someone in the middle of the city for no reason at all.
Example 2: Mugging (And killing) without adverting a mug.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR, Term used to simplify going back to a place you died at less than 5 minutes ago or remembering info from a previous death.
Example 1: Being killed by someone raiding you, You proceed to go back and tell them to stop raiding you.
Example 2: Being killed by a cop and going back to get your car under 5 minutes of when you last died to the cop.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP, Term used to simply not fearing for your life.
Example 1: Being mugged by 3 people and telling them you are not going to drop money or telling them to kill you.
Example 2: Being mugged by 3 people and attempting to pull out a gun and kill them.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia, Term used to define hatred towards a specific group of people based on their sexuality.
Example 1: Killing someone because of their sexuality.
Example 2: Walking up to a player and calling them a homophobic slur.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism, Term used to define hatred towards a specific group of people based on their race.
Example 1: Walking up to a player and calling them a racial slur because of the way their character looks.
Example 2: Walking up to a player and killing them because of a way their character looks.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would bring Joe, Inform him that logs show William adverted a carjacking in chat before stealing the vehicle.
2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would bring both of them to a sit, Ask for both players side of the story, Listen to both their sides and then view logs to view if he adverted PD Raid if he killed them or not, If he did then I would explain to Joe that he adverted PD Raid and explain that the PD Raid would be the reason of him being killed by William.
2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Firstly, I would bring both of them to a sit, Listen to both their sides of the story and explain to Joe that you cannot build on sidewalks unless you have the hobo job and leave him with a verbal warning, And as for William I would explain to him that you need to /advert a raid before you raid any players base, I would explain to him that he needs to advert raid over after he died and explain to not come back to where he died within 5 minutes, For that I would give him a warning for NLR + RDM, And after that I would return both parties.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly, I would bring both parties into a sit, Listen to both their stories and then view logs to see if William put in the advert "No Major Crimes", I would see that he put "No Major Crimes" And explain to joe that if the advert states "No Major Crimes" That you cannot do bombings or any other major crimes until the meeting is over, I would give him a punishment for Mass RDM, After that I would return William and continue taking sits.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I am very active, I have previous staff experience.
3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would ask for a higher staff members assistance.
3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
I have previous experience staffing within other games, Not in GMOD yet.
3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
I have good problem solving skills, I am good at de-escalating situations, I am also very motivated to do whatever task I am assigned to.
3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
I am trying to learn more languages which I put about 2-3 hours to per day, I sometimes get overwhelmed if I am getting to much information all at once, I sometimes cannot focus on one task for too long.
3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I enjoy being staff on servers to help out the community and to take away stress from other staff members as I take sits a lot.
3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
I have quite strong ADHD, Sometimes I have anger issues but I am working on trying to control myself more with that.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes

Thank you for taking the time to read my application, I look forward to working with you and helping out the community.
(I didn't want to put too long of answers on some of the questions because in the staff application template it says to make it easy to read.)

fzn

You got banned for being homophobic like less than a week ago

You got banned for being homophobic like less than a week ago
It was a misunderstanding, I literally just walked up to my friend cause I saw him and called him gay, I have him added on discord and we played just about daily, Im sorry though I thought it was fine because we were friends.

• Haha
Reactions: Jon
-1 Literally haven't seen you before, and apparently you were banned recently...
If I see you in game I'll change to a neutral, but as I said I haven't ever seen you.

Never seen before and apparently homophobic.
Definitely not fit for staff.

- Have not seen you on the server before.
- The Application is not very detailed.
- Not a good fit for staffing

Good Luck ⚜️Legal Lee⚜️

Negative
I’ve been playing riverside for 2 months everyday but I’ve not seen you even once but that may be due to our time zone differences, though I play during early and late timings. As for the app, it’s neutral, it lacks detail in some places and examples could be improved. To add more, It seems like you are slightly homophobic, which would mean you discriminate in some situations based on peoples sexuality. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom