Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Staff Report on Bugzzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member(s) of staff:
Bugzzy
Member(s) of staff's rank:
Admin
Date of Incident:
08/01/2022

Information about the incident. Please include as much detail as possible:

Approached gas station as shown on video evidence, with the intention to buy armour. As I leave the station after purchasing the armour, I am told by my gang and clan member, Trusted Member of Society that he is witnessing Bugzzy apply a car bomb to my vehicle. As he is saying this, I am looking at him directly, applying something to the back of my vehicle. He runs after placing it on, saying "What's up my guy" in the process. He then enters the gas station and takes cover, pulling out a gun in the process. I pull my gun out and enter the gas station, keeping my distance expecting an initiation of some kind. On the contrary, what I receive is no initiation and a head full of bullets to the dome, left for dead. Cold blood murder, unacceptable and shocking from a man of his stature, I looked up to him, he was like a father to me. He continues to reason within chat that he did it because he "knew" I had intentions to kill him. He is smart enough to understand what he did in this situation and that what he did was in the wrong, he simply wanted an upper hand, or he was shaking uncontrollably at the thought of me retaliating and couldn't bare the suspense any longer. He should know better. I do not expect this from an admin, especially one whose a mentor furthermore.

Evidence on the incident:

Hello Escoberry

If you look in the clip after clearly knowing I had carbomed your car you pulled out a gun, you even questioned in the clip "can I kill him for this?" Showing you had an intention to kill me. You also pulled out a gun before knowing I had one out. It's fair to assume you were going to try to shoot me shown by the clip, the comms between you and who I assume to be Trusted Member of Society further back up my point. To sum it all up I acted in self-defence out of fear of my life.

TSB Trusted Member of Society, I was involved, the one talking to him on the video.

The rules are and have always been that you can only shoot at someone once you've either initiated and they failed to comply, or you've been initiated on. You were not initiated on by Escoberry and you had no grounds for intiating on him. It's very clear and cut.

You can't just assume that someone is going to mug you, kidnap you, raid you or even retaliate on you after a car bomb just because they have a gun pointed at you. The only person with the right to defend themselves in this scenario would be Escoberry and he didn't initiate. Instead you shot him. So that entire defence is thrown out of the window. You didn't have the video to judge the situation, and even then it wouldn't make your actions any more acceptable.

There's no need to argue this. At the end of the day, you had shot me without initiation, initiation is needed. If a firearm is pulled in your general area, this does not give you the right to fire at the individual. No warns were adverted or verbally given to put my weapon away. It's plain and simple. We were both within an equal environment where we both had our firearms out and off safety, the only thing standing between us being an initiation from either party.
B2RDMRDM or Random Death Match implies that you require a solid reason within RP to murder someone. You shouldn't be taking someone's life unless necessary. Killing 4 or more people without a valid reason is considered MassRDM and holds heavier consequences.
Taking my life was not necessary. You failed to roleplay this situation out correctly, to act in self-defence, you must have been shot by me or warned by me.

TLDR: I did not initiate, you did not either, no grounds for anyone to shoot anyone.

There's no need to argue this. At the end of the day, you had shot me without initiation, initiation is needed. If a firearm is pulled in your general area, this does not give you the right to fire at the individual. No warns were adverted or verbally given to put my weapon away. It's plain and simple. We were both within an equal environment where we both had our firearms out and off safety, the only thing standing between us being an initiation from either party.
B2RDMRDM or Random Death Match implies that you require a solid reason within RP to murder someone. You shouldn't be taking someone's life unless necessary. Killing 4 or more people without a valid reason is considered MassRDM and holds heavier consequences.
Taking my life was not necessary. You failed to roleplay this situation out correctly, to act in self-defence, you must have been shot by me or warned by me.

TLDR: I did not initiate, you did not either, no grounds for anyone to shoot anyone.
from the way the clip looks from your pov, it looks very like you were initiating on me by pulling a gun out in my general direction when I am the only one besides you and Trusted Member of Society.

from the way the clip looks from your pov, it looks very like you were initiating on me by pulling a gun out in my general direction when I am the only one besides you and Trusted Member of Society.
That's not initiation.
---
Doesn't matter what it looked like to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
TSB Trusted Member of Society, I was involved, the one talking to him on the video.

The rules are and have always been that you can only shoot at someone once you've either initiated and they failed to comply, or you've been initiated on. You were not initiated on by Escoberry and you had no grounds for intiating on him. It's very clear and cut.

You can't just assume that someone is going to mug you, kidnap you, raid you or even retaliate on you after a car bomb just because they have a gun pointed at you. The only person with the right to defend themselves in this scenario would be Escoberry and he didn't initiate. Instead you shot him. So that entire defence is thrown out of the window. You didn't have the video to judge the situation, and even then it wouldn't make your actions any more acceptable.
It was a fair assumption for my safety to assume you and escoberry were going to shoot me.

It was a fair assumption for my safety to assume you and escoberry were going to shoot me.
Again, doesn't matter what you assumed was going to happen. You didn't get initiated on and you didn't initiate on him. I don't know why you're arguing something so blatant.

You make claims that I pulled out a weapon first etc, not that these claims would alter the verdict, but you provide no video evidence from your standpoint thus cannot make the assumption I was the first to do so.

It's clear cut as said before, whether I pull a gun out and point it in your general direction or not, unless I fire upon you or warn you, you have no initiation. A firearm being pulled is not initiation.

On a personal note,
The fact that as an admin, as a mentor and as a clearly very dedicated individual towards the server and its rules, you would state this as initiation, is worrying. Before getting into this server, I was warned about you from certain individuals regarding your actions as a player and as an admin. I decided not to judge you on this but when you can get away with stuff like this, it sets a bad example to new coming players like me, to old ones and to your fellow staff team, especially being influential and being a role model to your fellow staff and players. I would hate for anyone to deal with yourself as I am now. It's awful. The way you are dealing with this appeal is confrontational, unprofessional and unjust. I'd not make such a big deal and I'd let it go if it wasn't for the things I have been told. I don't want anyone else to deal with this, it's not fun, it's not abiding by the rules.

I hope this appeal gets accepted, you are probably a very genuine person, and it is simply just Garry's Mod, but I'd hate for people to have their fun ruined by such things. I hope you have a lovely day.

Accepted, Bugzzy is in the wrong here and will be dealt with to ensure that this doesn’t happen again. Thank you for the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom