Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Stijn his staff application!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Stijn
1.2 How old are you? 16 turning 17 in 3 months.
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes, I do.
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Since 2021-2022
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes, I do.
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:161238150
1.7 What is your Discord? stijn_69
1.8 References (if any)? Badger

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM or random death match is when person A kills person B without any valid rp reason.

A person surrenders and has his hands up after a police officer with a gun tells him to put his hands up. The person fully complies but the officer still kills him for no apparent reason. Example one.

A gun dealer and a civilian have a dispute. They begin yelling at each other on the street and the gun dealer tells him to get away from him ( in voice chat ) He tells him again to get away from him. After the civilian not leaving him alone the gun dealer shoots at him. It is rdm because the gun dealer did not advert for him to get away, and leave the gun
dealer alone. Example Two.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: New life rule. You cannot interact with your past life for 5 minutes.

A meth cook died in a raid on his base. He goes back to the base with a newly bought pistol and tries to kill the raiders but fails again. (He broke NLR) Example one.

A civilian was shot down by a thief after not dropping money while being mugged. He calls the police and tells them that the thief killed him and that he was on ... location. (interacting with last life not following NLR) Example Two.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FEARRP fear of dying. You value your character as your only life. This applies when you are unarmed and somebody points a gun at you. you are not affected when you have a gun out but you can be affected when you are outnumbered.

A civilian is being mugged by a thief with a weapon. The civilian tries to flee the scene by running away. He broke failrp because he/she was unarmed and the thief was armed. Example one.

An officer pulls over a car with 4 persons inside. The suspects get out of the car with their guns out and the officer has his guns out. The officer is outnumbered so he should act in fearrp. The people told him to put his hands up. But without fearing for his life he began shooting. ( he broke fearrp) Example Two.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is the disliking of LGBTQIA+ persons.

A person uses OOC to say things like I hate LGBTQ etc... Example one.

Somebody opens up and he/she says that he/she is Bi-Sexual. A person walks up to He/She and says Fa----- or other homophobic slurs. Example Two.

2.5 What is racism provide two examples: Racism is a form of discrimination where most likely slurs are used to discriminate against people who are "different" in their eyes.

Somebody uses OOC to say the N-word or other things. Example one.

There is an Asian player character and it's a cop. Somebody walks up to the cop and says things like Asians should not be cops etc.. Example Two.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS member vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring them both to a staff room. I would ask what has happened. After they both told me their stories I would check logs to see if William adverted a carjack. There are 2 things that can happen:

If William adverted carjack I would tell Joe that he did and return both.

If William did not advert carjack I would warn him for FTA tell him what he has done wrong, and return both.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring both to an admin room. I would ask for their stories about the event. After they both concluded telling their stories I would begin to check logs to see if William adverted PD raid. If he did not I would warn him with FTA MRDM and ban him. If he did advert it I would Ask for the location of where Joe got killed. If Joe got killed in PD I would tell him that he was involved in a PD raid and that William had all the rights to kill him. But if Joe was outside on the street minding his own business and then he got killed. Then I would warn William for RDM.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joe's base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun drives straight back kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring both and ask for both stories. After they both concluded telling their stories I would check logs to validate some info. If William raided without adverting then his first offense would be FTA. Then I would check if William drove back to the base to kill Joe. If he did so then his offenses would be as follows: FTA, NLR, and RDM. I would also compensate Joe for the drugs he has lost.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring both to an admin room and ask for both stories about the situation. After they concluded their story I would check logs to see if the advert said no major crimes. If it did then I would warn Joe for MRDM and No major crimes NMC. And also get someone to ban him from the server for the MRDM.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I believe that I am very trusted among players and I would like to believe I am known among the community. I have played a lot of gmod, I got around 2.5k hours so I know everything about being staff and know all the rules. I think I make a good applicant because I am very trustworthy and an amazing learner. And that I would do my best in any situation that has been summoned upon me.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? I would ask for a higher-up to come help me out. And also tell him about the situation.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? Yes, I have been staff on dark-rp, Star-wars RP, and Mil-rp servers.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
I am professional, One who pays attention, and very thoughtful.

Professional, I try to act professionally always when roleplaying and to ensure that everyone is having a fun time.

On who pays attention, I always pay attention to whatever anyone is saying so I always understand what is going on.

Thoughtful, I always think a lot before I make any decisions so I do not make any major mistakes.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: Voice that sounds squicky, sometimes a bit too much energy, and I can talk a lot.

A voice that sounds squicky, Puberty has to hit me.

Bit too much energy, I just have a lot of energy.

I can talk a lot, I am a heavy talker and very sociable.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? I have seen a shortage of staff. I would love to be part of the staff team so I could help everyone out with their problems. My tickets would always take a very long time until they are answered so I am guessing that I am not the only one having this problem. So by being staff I would reduce the workload and make sure everyone is having fun and that the tunnel near BMW is not consistently blocked off. I am talking to you, Brian!

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? No, I do not.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No, I haven't. Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes or bad grammar. Learned English on my own. If you need more information just give me a dm!
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes, I do.

Last edited:
Netural

+1'S
Good application in terms of amount of wording.

-1's
Haven't seen you roleplay myself
I hate the colour formatting of the application

+1
Seen on quite a lot
Not had any issues with
Seems like a nice guy

Neutral - Haven't seen you in roleplays myself but good application GL

Azz

Denied, there are mistakes in your application. Please improve your rule knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom