Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Swishy06's 2nd Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swishy06

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
(Swishy06)
1.2 How old are you? (17)
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? (Yes)
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? (Since around May)
1.5 Are you fluent in English? (Yes)
1.6 What is your SteamID? (STEAM_0:1:567017613)
1.7 What is your Discord? (Swishy06)
1.8 References (if any)? (No)

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM is a Random Deathmatch which is the act of killing someone without a reason behind it
Example 1 - Jimmy is having a friendly chat with someone whilst Fred comes over and decides he wants to shank him.
Example 2 - Dylan is just having a stroll down the street whilst Josh is in a hidden location and snipes him dead.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: NLR is known as the New Life Rule. Basically if you die you cannot seak an act of revenge of the person who killed you,. Once you respawn, you have to restart as a new life with no memory of the old one.
Example 1 - Timmy gets killed during a bank raid. Timmy comes up behind everyone right after he's just respawned and kills them all
Example 2 - Barry gets killed by Johnny. Barry decides he wants to get revenged, so he respawns and decides to kill Johnny, breaking NLR rules

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: When you feel like someone is threatening your own life. This can be if your being held at gunpoint by multiple or not able to get a firearm to protect yourself with. If someone holds you at gunpoint, you must do as they say.
Example 1 - RS have decided to kidnap you and adverted it, you instead pull out your gun to try and be a hero by trying to kill all of them to try and escape
Example 2 - Someone has just adverted mug and you turn around and they have held you at gunpoint, you pull out your gun to protect yourself, fearing that you may be killed

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is where your using speech towards people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, etc.
Example 1 - Darren kills Peter. Peteryells out "Your actually such a f*gg*t". This would be wrong to say anyways, but Darrens gay so the situation has escalated even worse.
Example 2 - Cameron has decided he wants to spread around that he's happy that he's gay. So he makes a custom role called "Proud to be Pride", a player comes over to Cameron and says "That's such a gay thing to do"

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: A act of discrimination against someones race.
Example 1 - Nolan kills Craig. Craig yells out "Your such a black bastard"
Example 2 - Rhys decides he wants to setup a business where he kidnaps people and sells them as slaves. Problem is he only targets black people and no white people at all.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would put them in a sit and ask them for their sides of the story. I would check logs if William had adverted carjack. Even if he had adverted that he carjacked, no crimes are meant to be made against the NHS I would check WIlliams warn history to see if this is his first offence of stealingan NHS vehicle. From there i would decide if i want to give William a verbal warning, a warning or a cooldown ban.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would bring them both to a sit. I would then ask them for their sides of the story. I would then check the logs to see if any killing has taked place. If i see that any killing has been going on, i would then ask for a clip to determine if it was a PDRaid or if it was MassRDM. If no one is able to provide me with a clip, i would say "I can't really do much without one" and send them both back but keep a close eyes on William for a while. If a clip is provided, i will look at it and see what happens. If the clip is inside the PD, i would simply tell Joe that he was inside the PD and KOS'd anyone that was nearby and trying to distract him from raiding the PD. If the clip shows he was outside the PD shooting everyone he saw, i would warn him for MassRDM. I would then state that if there is any more problems, just do /report. I would return them both back to their original position.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would first bring them both to a sit. I would ask for both sides of the story. I would ask for evidence. If no evidence was provided i will then check logs to see where the incident happened and when it happened. If i see that no advert has taken place, i would warn him for for FTA at the end of the sit. I would then look further to see if William does get killed goes back to kill Joe right after respawning. I would then put a cooldown ban on William for revenge RDM (RRDM), FTA (Failure to Advert) and NLR (New Life Rule). I would ask Joe if there is anything else. If not i would simply put him back into his original place.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would bring them both to a sit and ask both of their sides of the sotry individually. I would then go into logs to check to see the difference in time between the bombing and when William adverted that hes is hosting a PD meeting. If the bombing happened before William adverted PD Meeting, i would simply tell William that he did nothing wrong and return them both. However if the bombing was after the PD meeting advert (as long as theirs a gap in time of both), i would ban Joe for MassRDM, howeverif there is little time between the 2 adverts (whether thats a few seconds or milliseconds) i would simply give Joe a verbal. I would ask William if there is anything else he would like to state or ask. Then i would return them both back

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I've always considered myself a good applicant. I like to keep things tidy and i want to helpto make sure this server is enjoyable for everyone rather than just a certain amount of people and everyone else being very annoyed. I would only be one certain days (live between parents) as in every other Saturday, then i would always be on, on a Sunday, Monday (after college, 6pm ish), Tuesday (all day) and Wednesday morning (go to my dads on the afternoon)

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would simply ask a staff member thats been staffing longer than me and ask for some advice or what to do in this situation, i would make sure i listen carefully to not leave out key detail.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? No unless you count discord. I staffed a server with over 20k members, before then i was inactive due to me studying for my exams, so i got removed as one.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: Professional, Fun and Fair

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: Can't be on, on certain days, however when i get back on my pc, i will be as active as i possibly can be. I have a memory of a goldfish so i may not remember some thing that people or other staff members have told be, so i may have to be reminded on a few occasions. I have anger issues so if someone really pushes my buttons to its limit, i will get angry, however if i become staff, i will be professional and ignore the person thats trying to push them

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? Because i love to see people having fun and like to help people as long as they communicate with me with what they need help with or what the problem is. I also hate people who troll or minge, so they'll be getting a stern talking to if i see any of that

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? I have a little bit of anger issues, but thats if someone like someone really pushes my buttons

Have you received any help when creating this application? (Nope)
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? (Yes)

I feel that overall you lack the understanding of the server rules along with how you've worded the first half of section B of your application
along with, I feel through reading through your application that you do not understand the rules enough to become staff yet, referring to trial mod questions, of section B

I have not personally had any issues with you from a Staff perspective, neither have I seen you in actual roleplay. I have seen you on Royal Syndicate, but I do not remember interacting with you. I also agree with Arctic, on that I do not believe you understand the rules enough to be a member of staff. Application aside, I do not think you are mature enough to be staff yet, due to you arguing with the entire PD Higher Up team + RTPC Management because the Road Traffic Police Command, which was intended to replace PCSO's role in checkpoints, could not respond to major crimes, and that you wanted "A better fucking weapon than an mp5 and a glock."

Azz

Denied, Try to improve your reputation and your application before re-applying. You may re-apply in 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom