Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Whale's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Whale

1.2 How old are you?

1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
Roughly 2 years.
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_1:0:547320516

1.7 What is your Discord?
Lazy#8314

1.8 References (if any)?
Dolphin

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
Random Death Match (RDM) refers to the unprovoked killing of one player by another. Example 1: User1 is en route to the dealership for his vehicle when User2 unexpectedly eliminates User1 with a sniper shot. Example 2: User1, having just joined the game, baselessly insults User2 by using derogatory language. Subsequently, User2 slays User1 in response.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
The New Life Rule (NLR) pertains to a player who returns to the same location within five minutes of perishing there. Example 1: PoliceOfficer1 succumbs during a police department raid, subsequently reappearing at the scene of the raid shortly thereafter. Example 2: User1, killed while raiding the RS base, is reborn and rapidly retaliates against the RS after respawning.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
Fear Roleplay (FearRP) denotes a situation where a player wields a weapon and employs it against aggressors despite being outnumbered or threatened. Example 1: A group of three individuals accosts a Thief, announcing an intention to abduct him. Displaying weapons, they corner the Thief, who responds by brandishing a knife, successfully eliminating all three individuals. Example 2: A Police Community Support Officer (PCSO), detained by kidnappers and bereft of equipment, discreetly activates his panic button and utilizes his radio while being transported.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia signifies the act of insulting someone based on their sexual orientation. Example 1: User1 gratuitously approaches User2 and uses derogatory language to label User2 as homosexual. Example 2: Amid a police department raid, a Police Constable is slain by raiders, resulting in the officer angrily labeling them using homophobic language.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism entails the act of disparaging someone based on their race. Example 1: An individual enters the game and, in their first moments, utilizes racial slurs via voice communication. Example 2: Following an instance of Random Death Match, User1, enraged, communicates racist sentiments to User2 via private message.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would conduct the following steps: Firstly, I will take both William and Joe to an isolated area to prevent interference from other players. Secondly, I will inquire whether William was aware of the prohibition against appropriating NHS vehicles. If William acknowledges his mistake and comprehends the infraction, I will issue a warning for Stealing NHS vehicles, institute a 300-second imprisonment, and advise him to review the server rules. Subsequently, I will facilitate Joe's return to the hospital to retrieve his ambulance.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
My course of action would involve these steps: Initially, I will bring both Joe and William to a secluded area to prevent disruptions. Subsequently, I will review the server logs to ascertain whether William indeed advertised the Police Department raid. If the logs confirm William's claim, I will reassure both parties that the situation was legitimate, and no wrongdoing occurred. Following this, I will reinstate their positions. In the event that William's assertion lacks validation, and he did not advert the raid, I will escalate the issue to a higher-ranking administrator for a potential ban, as my current authority does not encompass banning privileges.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
My approach will encompass the following steps: Initially, I will bring both William and Joe to an isolated setting to mitigate external interference. I will then engage Joe in a dialogue regarding his rationale for making a base on the sidewalk, given his role as a drug dealer. Following this, I will elucidate that the sidewalk is reserved solely for Hobos and that such construction is impermissible. Subsequently, I will check the logs to determine if William adhered to the advertisement requirement during his raid. If evidence supports his compliance, I will issue a warning to William for New Life Rule (NLR), as his subsequent return and actions constitute a violation. If, however, William neglected the advertisement and initiated the raid without proper notification, I will warn him for FailRP (Failure to Roleplay), NLR, and Random Death Match (RDM).

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
In handling this complex situation, I would implement the following steps: Initially, I will bring Joe to a secluded area to minimize external disruptions. Subsequently, I will engage in a conversation with Joe, seeking to comprehend the rationale behind his decision to initiate a bombing during the ongoing Police Department meeting, where the explicit restriction of major crimes was communicated. Additionally, I will escalate the matter to a higher-ranking administrator to facilitate a ban for mass RDM (Random Death Match), as Joe's actions were against the server's rules.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I believe my application distinguishes itself from other submissions due to my extensive tenure within Riverside, which spans several years. Furthermore, my commitment to regular activity and adept handling of intricate situations serves as a testament to my suitability for a staff role. I bring a wealth of experience and an ingrained familiarity with the server's dynamics, allowing me to contribute effectively to maintaining a positive and orderly gaming environment.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
If confronted with a scenario outside my expertise, my approach would involve seeking guidance from a fellow staff member who possesses the necessary knowledge. I recognize the value of collaboration within a team and understand that seeking assistance when required is pivotal to delivering optimal resolutions and maintaining the server's integrity.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, I have garnered prior experience as a staff member, albeit on smaller servers. This exposure has enabled me to hone my skills in dispute resolution, player interaction, and enforcing server rules.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
  1. Active Engagement: I maintain a consistent presence on the server, allowing me to promptly address issues and attend to player concerns, thereby contributing to a more enjoyable experience for all.
  2. Keen Attention to Detail: My ability to discern subtleties and nuances equips me to accurately evaluate situations and enforce rules impartially, fostering fairness and equity.
  3. Effective Problem Solving: My adeptness at analyzing multifaceted challenges enables me to swiftly devise viable solutions, ensuring a harmonious and orderly gameplay environment.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
  1. Learning Curves: When faced with unfamiliar technical issues, I may need more time initially to understand and address them, potentially affecting my response time and efficiency.
  2. School Schedule: My attendance may be limited during school hours, which could affect my responsiveness during those periods.
  3. Patience: At times, my patience might be tested in dealing with contentious situations, but I am actively working on maintaining composure in all circumstances.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
My motivation to become a staff member stems from my observation of disruptive behavior during times when there is a shortage of staff online. I am particularly active during late-night hours when the server may lack adequate moderation. By assuming a staff role, I aim to contribute positively during these crucial times, ensuring that all players adhere to the server's rules and can enjoy a seamless experience. Additionally, being part of the staff has been a long-standing aspiration of mine within this server, and I am eager to actively contribute to its growth and success.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
No.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes.

Last edited:

JSR

+1 Great guy! Very professional can be a little annoying sometimes but overall a good guy who follows the rules.

+1 Really good guy, Professional, Good communication, good guy overall, would make a good addition to the staff team.

Last edited:
+1
Good person, friendly and easy to talk to! Had positive experiences and encounters with them and would love to see them in the staff team.

jakey

Staff Manager
Forums Manager
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Graphics Designer
Accepted

Please contact me to schedule an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom