Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Wright's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor_Chad

Junior Moderator
Staff Member
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?: TSUPT Wright 4117
1.2: How old are you?: 22
1.3: Do you have a working microphone?: Yes (HyperX QuadCast S – USB Microphone)
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside?: Since the 29th of April 2024 (‘Gatesway’ has permitted the accelerated application)
1.5: Are you fluent in English?: Indeed
1.6: What is your SteamID?: STEAM_0:1:104180085
1.7: What is your Discord?: doctor_chad
1.8: References (if any)?: As previously stated, ‘Gatesway’ has encouraged me to write this.

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

Definition – RDM (Random Deathmatch) is the act of a player to kill another without reason within RP (RolePlay).

Example A – Bob (victim) is Roleplaying as a civilian, standing on the pavement perhaps scrolling through menus. Dave (perpetrator) decides to discharge his weapon in a misguided belief that it is funny to simply kill a completely random individual he has never met. As is clear, this is a completely random event, and thus is subject to staff punishment.

Example B – Bob is Roleplaying as a civilian, he's in the suburbs seemingly alone; Dave, arrives in a vehicle discharging his weapon and killing Bob but not before using ‘/advert’ to show his intention to “drive by”. This would not be considered a valid role play scenario, as is still too random to be considered justified.

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples:

Definition – Metagaming is the act of an individual, displaying or using (within a roleplay scenario) information they simply would not have access to within said scenario.

Example A – Bob is Roleplaying as a ‘Thief’, Dave is Roleplaying as a Police Officer, Bob is pulled over by Dave in a traffic stop. Dave; utilising his “Big Red Key” tool, forces Bob out of his vehicle. Dave proceeds to detain Bob, takes him back to the Police Station where he's arrested for theft. In this scenario Bob has not committed an act of theft but Dave say’s that it is in his job description hence his reasoning for the arrest. Dave’s character did not have that information and thus committed metagaming.

Example B – A player is killed by Bob during a mugging. The player decides to express his discontent in the “Out of Character” chat, exclaiming “Can't believe you just killed me, Bob!”; Dave Roleplaying as a Police Officer, finds Bob & arrests him for murder. He does this despite not seeing anything occur nor any occurrence being officially reported to the police. Once again Dave has committed metagaming as he only has this information through an out of character source.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

Definition - Fear Roleplay or FearRP, is understood as obligated fear no matter the character an individual is portraying. Thus, a player must acknowledge a potentially fearful scenario they find themselves on the receiving end of.

Example A – Dave is parked in a secluded area; Bob approaches his vehicle with a weapon drawn and states via ‘/advert’ and voice chat that he is performing a carjacking and Dave will be shot should he not exit his vehicle. Dave proceeds to drive away from Bob whilst in danger and having no weapon on his person.

Example B – Dave, roleplaying as a police officer, Is approached by a group comprised of Bob and his allies all of whom have weapons pointed at Dave. Bob uses ‘/advert’ to validate his kidnapping and instructs Dave to enter his vehicle. Before Bob can restrain him, Dave draws and discharges his own weapon. In reality, Dave is unable to do this as he has multiple weapons pointed at his person.

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples:

Definition – Cop Baiting is the act of an individual actively attempting to engage the police for no reason outside of their own entertainment.

Example A – Purposefully crashing into police cars to provoke a reaction from the officer.

Example B – Dave, in a stolen police cruiser, chooses not to scrap the vehicle for cash, but to instead drive it directly in front of the police station whilst exclaiming “Do you not want this back?” unrealistically and unnecessarily provoking police officers.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples:

Definition – Discrimination is where any member of the server regardless of rank or position singles out another player based on gender, age, ability or race.

Example A – Dave is driving around the city when he comes across Bob. After engaging in a conversation with Bob over voice chat, Dave comes to the realisation that Bob is a female. Dave begins to make derogatory comments regarding Bobs gender.

Example B – Bob is talking to other players in the ‘out of character’ chat and references his boyfriend in one of the conversations. Dave, with this newfound information begins using homophobic language to attack Bob in the ‘OOC’ chat.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?: Explain to Dave that while he did use the correct advert, committing crimes against the NHS is against server rules. Additionally, whilst operating any vehicle, purposefully crashing into parked cars is considered ‘Car minge’ and thus is against server rules.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?: I would simply start by validating Williams story, either by an available clip or more likely via checking the logs for the 4 supposed hits. Should he have had hits on all 4 individuals, I would apologise to William for the inconvenience and return him to his previous position. However, should the opposite be true (depending on how many of the hits were falsified), I would issue a suitable punishment for RDM/Mass RDM.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?: In this scenario, 3 warning advertisements would have had to be made to each individual before a death match was permitted. Although I would enquire as to the reasoning for Garry being denied entrance to ensure no discrimination has taken place. As a side note, I would also confirm the validity of his base. Thus, ruling out the possibility of a fail base. A check of the logs could confirm or deny whether James had just cause for killing the 4 individuals.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?: As Bobby has already been made aware of his potential rule break, a potential warn may be issued and he will be monitored for the remainder of the ‘No major crimes’ period.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?: Although I have not been apart of this server for long, I am very active and wish to help the player experience by maintaining the current positive atmosphere in which has already been established. Additionally, my staff experience in Garry’s mod role play generally.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?: Simply refer the situation to a higher ranking staff member as I would be too ill experienced to sort it myself.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?: Yes, I have been a high ranking staff member on multiple star wars, purge and dark roleplay servers.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
  • Although some may see my lack of play time as a negative, it could be argued that due to not knowing many players on a personal level, a complete and unique unbiased attitude can be applied.
  • My age and current work schedule allows for a significant playtime to be achieved daily.
  • I am currently working in customer service thus lending me a certain confidence when dealing with conflict.
3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
  • I have often had it explained to me that I can come across as angry or irritable due to nothing more than my accent.
  • Although confidence can be an asset, over confidence can be a detriment. On occasion this can be misinterpreted for myself.
  • It has been over a year since I staffed a server.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?: I would like to lend my experience to a server I believe is friendly and welcoming. Something that cannot be said for most roleplay servers today.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?: My ability to talk quickly in chat such as commands may be hindered by my dyslexia.

Have you received any help when creating this application?: No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?: I do consent.

meady

Staff Member

Neutral / +1 +1 (edited)

A good mature roleplayer and a nice guy. However, you may need a bit more experience on the server before joining staff.​

had some more experience with the man and he knows his way through the rules regardless of how long he has been playing. He is an eager man and fit for staff.

Last edited:
Neutral/+1

Quite a new player.
I've had a negative interaction with you quite recently.
You have once switched jobs to gain back your car.
OK but not great application. Feel free to PM me for the reasoning.

He's alright.
Understanding.
Active in the PD department, although I'd like to see you as an addition to other departments.
Active in Riverside.
I see you as a good addition to staff but you need to catch up on some rules.

Burketon

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
+1 Absolutely class bloke to be around.
And his Mrs plays here so if she stays more young lads will follow her around and get us more players

Benny

Management
Forums Manager
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Staff Member
Neutral

I haven't seen you around much, which isn't quite enough for me to vote for you just yet. That's why I've made this choice, sorry!

However, your application looks very good (y)

Good luck!

Kind regards,
Benny

jakey

Staff Manager
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Graphics Designer
Accepted

Please contact Sky1ne to arrange an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom