Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Zack Staff App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey

Dave
Staff Member
  • Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?

Zack

1.2 How old are you?

1.3 Do you have a working microphone?

Yes

1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?

Over a year.

1.5 Are you fluent in English?

Yes

1.6 What is your SteamID?

STEAM_0:0:519461669

1.7 References (if any)?

Celtric & Bugzzy

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM Is Random Deathmatch.
    Example 1: Mr Bob is going by his day when suddenly Mr Jeff comes up and kills him randomly and says "That's for killing me earlier". In that situation, MR Jeff has broken the RDM rule because at that moment in time he has no RP reason to be killing Mr Bob.
    Example 2: Mr Jeff has just said to PC Jill, "Fuck the police" and then proceeds to kill PC Jill, that would be RDM due to again Mr Jeff not having a solid RP reason to kill PC Jill.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
    NLR is New Life Rule.
    Example 1: Mr Jeff has just hopped on his PC job instantly responds to a situation where he died just moments before he got on the job because he has just gone back to the place he died he would be breaking NLR because he has not waited 5 minutes first of all and second he can't go back to the same situation no matter if he died 5 minutes ago.
    Example 2: PC Jill has just died at a BP raid and when she respawns she starts telling everyone on the radio a description of the robbers and what weapons they are using. Jill would be breaching NLR because after she dies she should have no recollection of what happened in her past life.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
    FearRP Is Fear Roleplay.
    Example 1: PC Jill & PC Bob have come across a Mr Jeff that at that time is known to be armed while they are driving along, they stop get out of their car, and both point guns at him, because Mr Jeff is under gunpoint and outnumbered he is under FearRP and can't pull out a gun/must do what PD asks him to.
    Example 2: Mr John is standing in the middle of the road when Mr Bob & Mr Jeff as thieves come up to him. They both pull out guns and attempt to mug him. Mr John proceeds to pull out his knife and stabs them both to death. Mr John was under FearRP at the time and was not allowed to pull out the knife and kill them.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
    Homophobia is when someone is being prejudiced against someone of the LGBTQ+ community.
    Example 1: if someone doesn't want to base with Celtric because he is gay that is homophobia.
    Example 2: if someone calls someone "Faggot" or any other homophobic slur in-game that would also be homophobia.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
    Racism is when someone is being prejudiced against someone because of their race.
    Example 1: Someone is being racist if they don't want to do anything with someone because they are black e.g. won't sell them a gun, base with them, etc.
    Example 2: If someone is going around game calling people racist slurs that would be racism.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

To start off I will bring them both to a sit and ask for both sides of the story. After i have heard both sides I will check the logs to see if the advert went through and tell the NHS member that it wouldn't be FTA because he adverted but William was still in the wrong in this situation because he is not allowed to steal an NHS vehicle. Before warning William i will heck his previous warns to see if he has been in trouble for this sort of thing before and if he has I would warn him but if he hasn't I will jail him in spawn and get him to read the rules so he can make sure he doesn't do it again.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
    I will start by bringing them both to a sit and getting their sides of the story. I will then proceed by going through the logs and trying to find the PD Raid advert, after that is found i will put the advert into the chat and show that William has done nothing wrong because he has adverted PD raid.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
    To start I will bring them both to a sit where I will start by getting both sides of the story. After I have gotten the story I will start by saying Joe can't be based on the street as he is a drug dealer and not a hobo. After that, I will then tell Joe that in that situation he has NLRed and revenge RDMed by coming back to the situation and killing William. In this situation, i would give out a warning to joe for the Revenge RDM, jail him at spawn and tell him to look at the rules. William in this situation did FTA so i would check his previous warns to see if he has been in trouble for this before if he has i would warn him and if he hasn't I will tell him that he must advert "Raid" when raiding a base.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
    First I will look at the logs/chat to see when both adverts happened and because the bombing was after the "PD Meeting" advert. I will take Joe up to a rooftop and tell him that because the PD Meeting was adverted that means no major crimes should take place and since bombing is a major crime he broke that rule. Due to Joe killing ten people when "No major crimes" has been adverted he has Mass RDMed and will face a ban.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I feel that I am active on the server and also approachable if need be.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

If I was in a situation where I didn't know what I was doing/didn't know how to handle I would look at the rules/staff handbook or try and speak to another member of staff to get their opinion on the situation.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

Yes, including this one.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
    • I am unbiased
    • Work well in a team
    • Past experience with stuff like blogs & ulx

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
    • I do go to school (yes surprisingly) so gmod isn't a number 1 priority
    • Forgetful at times
    • Dyslexic

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

To assist the community

Have you received any help when creating this application?

No

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?

Yes.

+1 active very nice friendly ex-staff feel like he should be in the staff team again

+1 Very chill dude I do like how you used me in question 2.4. You are also active and have the knoweldge since you are ex staff

+1 very chill fella, active among the server. Would make a good addition to the staff team

+1
Despite being North English, I think Zack would make a great addition to the Staff team.

+1, very chill guy, ex staff, would make a good addition to the team.

+1 very nice and friendly, would fit perfectly into the staff team and already has experience

+1 ex-staff, friendly and cool fella. Definitely should be staff again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom