Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Zaxe's Staff Application!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

(I have written in bold for the Answers!)

1.1: What is your in-game name? Zaxe
1.2 How old are you? 17
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? On and Off, for about 1 year!
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_1:1:418159587
1.7 What is your Discord? usserrr
1.8 References (if any)? Nope

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

Definition: RDM is when you kill someone with no roleplay reason also RANDOM DEATHMATH killing someone for no reason)
One example of this would be a player walking out of spawn and stabbing another player to death without any valid reason.
2. Another example of this would be a player is raiding a base and you run up to them and kill them for no roleplay reason whatsoever.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
(Definition New Life Rule!)
1 Example: (If you die your character has lost all previous memories, events and information leading up to. their death. You are not to act on any of this previous information)
2 Example: Another Example of this would be a police officer dying during a raid and attempting to return to the scene to continue the situation.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
Definition: (FearRP is when is when Players should fear for their character's life as they would in real life).
1: Example would be (A policeman/women tells you to stop walking at gun point if you ignore this command you would be breaking FearRP)

2 :Another example of Fear RP is when you are taken hostage by armed men and are forced to be imprisoned by these armed men.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
  • ‘Joking’ that something (an action, an item, a person) perceived to be negative in some way is ‘gay’ (e.g. ‘that’s so gay’).
  • Someone complementing another person of the same gender and then assuring them that ‘don’t worry, I’m not gay’, implying that that would be negative/bad.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

• RACISM - Prejudgment, bias or discrimination by a white individual toward a person of color!
  • RACISM - Saying Slurs that define someone by there color of skin or where they come from!

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly i would bring both "William" and "Joe" to the sit (Making sure the area is isolated away from any over players who intend to interrupt our sit) and list why "William" has been reported to clear any confusion up from "William" behalf. I would listen to both of there sides of the story to intake all the information hopefully gaining a idea of the incident in my head. If "William" is saying he has advertised the words "Carjack" and "Joe" is denying he has done this, i would pull up chat logs, if i do not have permission to do this i would call for assistance of a higher staff member! (I would also ask for the clip of "William"!) I will issue a warning for Stealing NHS vehicles, institute a 300-second imprisonment, and advise him to review the server rules. Subsequently, I will facilitate Joe's return to the hospital to retrieve his ambulance.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly i would call the sit and bring both "Joe" and "William". I would then explain to "William" what he has been reported for to make sure he is aware of the situation (Making sure the area is isolated away from any over players who intend to interrupt our sit). I would get both "William" and "Joe's" POV's by them explaining both there sides of the story to see the grudge against who they think is in the wrong. Firstly i would ask if "William" has a clip of him advertising the words "PD RAID" and also to see if "Joe" was trying to get in the way of "William" as he try's to enter the Police station or to see if he was a Police officer at the time trying to fight back against "William", Also to see if "Joe" was caught in the cross firing of "William". If "William" didn't clip his POV or "Joe" didn't, i would result to chat logs to see the time gap where "William" typed PD Raid to the Death time of when "Joe" died, if it matches up to the advertisement i would both let them go and leave "William" without a warning.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly i would call the sit and bring both "Joe" and "William". I would then explain to "William" what he has been reported for to make sure he is aware of the situation (Making sure the area is isolated away from any over players who intend to interrupt our sit). I would then interact with "Joe" regarding the position and place of where he made his base on the sidewalk, given his role as a drug dealer. I will then let "Joe" know that the side walk is strictly for hobo's! I would then check the logs to determine if "William" did indeed advertise or not. If evidence supports what he has been reported for i will issue him a warning firstly for New Life Rule (NLR), as he did return with open fire and violence to kill "Joe" this is breaking the rule (NLR) . If, however, William neglected the advertisement and initiated the raid without proper notification, I will warn him for FailRP (Failure to Roleplay), NLR, and Random Death Match (RDM).

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

When handling a situation like this, I would bring both "Joe" and "William" (Making sure the area is isolated away from any over players who intend to interrupt our sit). I will interact in a one to one conversation with "Joe", investigating his decision to a bombing during the ongoing Police Department meeting. furthermore, I will reach out to a higher-ranking administrator to provide a ban for mass RDM, as Joe's actions were against the server's rules.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
You should hire me as a staff member for my passion, confidence and proven abilities in organization for the server. I am passionate about providing care to those in need in my community, which keeps me motivated and excited about doing my best work.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
my approach would involve grasping guidance from a staff member who holds the necessary knowledge and permissions i need to punish a player!

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, the previous experience has given me the skill and knowledge to apply for a position on Riverside Roleplay one server was very big inside the military rp community.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

Reliable

Loyalty and dependability are always top strengths for me in the work place. Im always on time and can always be counted on to not only complete work given to me but help others with theirs, too. No matter the chaos the server brings, Im a reliable staff member who you can turn to on the road towards success.

Positive

Positivity truly is contagious, and this attitude can help make the other staff members feel better and brighter. A positive staff member with a excellent attitude is wonderful for work situations and can help everyone feel motivated to persevere, no matter the task.

Team Player
Me! understandably, being a team player has proven to be another positive strength of mine. I will staff well with others on the server while simultaneously supporting other staff member to thrive in their roles. The success of me leads to the success of everyone. People soon start to reflect on my Team Player attitude and introduce it when I'm away from my computer, they see the impact it can provide!

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

To Much Detail

One of my greatest weaknesses is that I sometimes focus too much on the details of a punishment. I have been striving to improve in the staffing era for awhile now by better monitoring how long I spend on a task and allowing myself to re-focus on the staffing overall. That way, I can still ensure high quality staffing.

Trouble saying No
My greatest weakness is that I sometimes have trouble saying no to requests and end up taking on more than I can handle. I can get overwhelmed very easily by thinking if i do more and more and keep trying to impress i can get a promotion but sometimes my actions can backfire and cause me to get in trouble! This is the main thing i have been cracking down on!

Trouble asking for help
Because I am independent and enjoy figuring out solutions myself, I've struggled sometimes with asking for help when I need it. I understand that at any organisation, there are higher staff around me that have specific knowledge and skills I can learn from. Whilst I am still working on it, I have been able to produce better work ethic in a more time-efficient way as a result of getting help from those around me.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
Becoming a staff member on RiveSide RP is an exciting opportunity, especially for me seeking to engage in a community based online environment. While some may dismiss this role as a frivolous or unimportant, being a staff member on Riverside RP requires a range of skill that i hold and can implement into the environment of your server. Furthermore, being a staff member on Riverside rp fosters strong teamwork and communication skills that are imbedded inside me from previous experience. As a part of a staff team, one must collaborate with fellow staff members to address players concerns, enforce rules, and maintain a positive welcoming environment. Effective communication is crucial, as a staff members efficiently. Theses skills are not only valuable in the virtual world but also transferable to real-life situations, such as group projects or work environments. All of this is something i behold and provide when i am picked up by a server to staff on. assuming a staff role, I aim to contribute positively during these crucial times, ensuring that all players adhere to the server's rules and can enjoy a seamless experience.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? No

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

Last edited:
I tried to be unique as possible with some of my answers so I'm different to the rest :)

Godlez

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
+1 Very good understanding of the rules. Would make a great staff member

+1
nice guy
Never had any issues with
quite active

Last edited:
Section A: Applicants background

(I have written in bold for the Answers!)

1.1: What is your in-game name? Zaxe
1.2 How old are you? 17
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? On and Off, for about 1 year!
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_1:1:418159587
1.7 What is your Discord? usserrr
1.8 References (if any)? Nope

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

Definition: RDM is when you kill someone with no roleplay reason also RANDOM DEATHMATH killing someone for no reason)
One example of this would be a player walking out of spawn and stabbing another player to death without any valid reason.
2. Another example of this would be a player is raiding a base and you run up to them and kill them for no roleplay reason whatsoever.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
(Definition New Life Rule!)
1 Example: (If you die your character has lost all previous memories, events and information leading up to. their death. You are not to act on any of this previous information)
2 Example: Another Example of this would be a police officer dying during a raid and attempting to return to the scene to continue the situation.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
Definition: (FearRP is when is when Players should fear for their character's life as they would in real life).
1: Example would be (A policeman/women tells you to stop walking at gun point if you ignore this command you would be breaking FearRP)

2 :Another example of Fear RP is when you are taken hostage by armed men and are forced to be imprisoned by these armed men.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
  • ‘Joking’ that something (an action, an item, a person) perceived to be negative in some way is ‘gay’ (e.g. ‘that’s so gay’).
  • Someone complementing another person of the same gender and then assuring them that ‘don’t worry, I’m not gay’, implying that that would be negative/bad.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

• RACISM - Prejudgment, bias or discrimination by a white individual toward a person of color!
  • RACISM - Saying Slurs that define someone by there color of skin or where they come from!

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly i would bring both "William" and "Joe" to the sit (Making sure the area is isolated away from any over players who intend to interrupt our sit) and list why "William" has been reported to clear any confusion up from "William" behalf. I would listen to both of there sides of the story to intake all the information hopefully gaining a idea of the incident in my head. If "William" is saying he has advertised the words "Carjack" and "Joe" is denying he has done this, i would pull up chat logs, if i do not have permission to do this i would call for assistance of a higher staff member! (I would also ask for the clip of "William"!) I will issue a warning for Stealing NHS vehicles, institute a 300-second imprisonment, and advise him to review the server rules. Subsequently, I will facilitate Joe's return to the hospital to retrieve his ambulance.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly i would call the sit and bring both "Joe" and "William". I would then explain to "William" what he has been reported for to make sure he is aware of the situation (Making sure the area is isolated away from any over players who intend to interrupt our sit). I would get both "William" and "Joe's" POV's by them explaining both there sides of the story to see the grudge against who they think is in the wrong. Firstly i would ask if "William" has a clip of him advertising the words "PD RAID" and also to see if "Joe" was trying to get in the way of "William" as he try's to enter the Police station or to see if he was a Police officer at the time trying to fight back against "William", Also to see if "Joe" was caught in the cross firing of "William". If "William" didn't clip his POV or "Joe" didn't, i would result to chat logs to see the time gap where "William" typed PD Raid to the Death time of when "Joe" died, if it matches up to the advertisement i would both let them go and leave "William" without a warning.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Firstly i would call the sit and bring both "Joe" and "William". I would then explain to "William" what he has been reported for to make sure he is aware of the situation (Making sure the area is isolated away from any over players who intend to interrupt our sit). I would then interact with "Joe" regarding the position and place of where he made his base on the sidewalk, given his role as a drug dealer. I will then let "Joe" know that the side walk is strictly for hobo's! I would then check the logs to determine if "William" did indeed advertise or not. If evidence supports what he has been reported for i will issue him a warning firstly for New Life Rule (NLR), as he did return with open fire and violence to kill "Joe" this is breaking the rule (NLR) . If, however, William neglected the advertisement and initiated the raid without proper notification, I will warn him for FailRP (Failure to Roleplay), NLR, and Random Death Match (RDM).

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

When handling a situation like this, I would bring both "Joe" and "William" (Making sure the area is isolated away from any over players who intend to interrupt our sit). I will interact in a one to one conversation with "Joe", investigating his decision to a bombing during the ongoing Police Department meeting. furthermore, I will reach out to a higher-ranking administrator to provide a ban for mass RDM, as Joe's actions were against the server's rules.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
You should hire me as a staff member for my passion, confidence and proven abilities in organization for the server. I am passionate about providing care to those in need in my community, which keeps me motivated and excited about doing my best work.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
my approach would involve grasping guidance from a staff member who holds the necessary knowledge and permissions i need to punish a player!

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, the previous experience has given me the skill and knowledge to apply for a position on Riverside Roleplay one server was very big inside the military rp community.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

Reliable

Loyalty and dependability are always top strengths for me in the work place. Im always on time and can always be counted on to not only complete work given to me but help others with theirs, too. No matter the chaos the server brings, Im a reliable staff member who you can turn to on the road towards success.

Positive

Positivity truly is contagious, and this attitude can help make the other staff members feel better and brighter. A positive staff member with a excellent attitude is wonderful for work situations and can help everyone feel motivated to persevere, no matter the task.

Team Player
Me! understandably, being a team player has proven to be another positive strength of mine. I will staff well with others on the server while simultaneously supporting other staff member to thrive in their roles. The success of me leads to the success of everyone. People soon start to reflect on my Team Player attitude and introduce it when I'm away from my computer, they see the impact it can provide!

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

To Much Detail

One of my greatest weaknesses is that I sometimes focus too much on the details of a punishment. I have been striving to improve in the staffing era for awhile now by better monitoring how long I spend on a task and allowing myself to re-focus on the staffing overall. That way, I can still ensure high quality staffing.

Trouble saying No
My greatest weakness is that I sometimes have trouble saying no to requests and end up taking on more than I can handle. I can get overwhelmed very easily by thinking if i do more and more and keep trying to impress i can get a promotion but sometimes my actions can backfire and cause me to get in trouble! This is the main thing i have been cracking down on!

Trouble asking for help
Because I am independent and enjoy figuring out solutions myself, I've struggled sometimes with asking for help when I need it. I understand that at any organisation, there are higher staff around me that have specific knowledge and skills I can learn from. Whilst I am still working on it, I have been able to produce better work ethic in a more time-efficient way as a result of getting help from those around me.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
Becoming a staff member on RiveSide RP is an exciting opportunity, especially for me seeking to engage in a community based online environment. While some may dismiss this role as a frivolous or unimportant, being a staff member on Riverside RP requires a range of skill that i hold and can implement into the environment of your server. Furthermore, being a staff member on Riverside rp fosters strong teamwork and communication skills that are imbedded inside me from previous experience. As a part of a staff team, one must collaborate with fellow staff members to address players concerns, enforce rules, and maintain a positive welcoming environment. Effective communication is crucial, as a staff members efficiently. Theses skills are not only valuable in the virtual world but also transferable to real-life situations, such as group projects or work environments. All of this is something i behold and provide when i am picked up by a server to staff on. assuming a staff role, I aim to contribute positively during these crucial times, ensuring that all players adhere to the server's rules and can enjoy a seamless experience.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? No

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes
+rep1

Good guy knows the server well to my knowledge best pcso I know lol

Active daily + p1 good guy never racial homophobic violent to other players always a hobo lol

Speedy

Event Manager
Staff Supervisor
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
+1
From what ive seen hes active.
Haven't had any problems nor have i seen him in trouble with staff.
Staff ap looks good and can see time/ effort has ben put in.
GL

Azz

Denied. Message me on discord if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom