Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Zxph/Zph's 2nd Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm Zph/Zxph, I've been playing riverside for a few months on and off and this is my application for staff on the server.

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Zph
1.2 How old are you? I am 15 (even if I do sound like an infant at times).
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes.
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? I started playing in March of 2023 and stopped after around a month due to a friend being banned, my friends came back around June/August time and then they got banned again, they came back around 2 weeks ago and I've played continuously since.
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes, English is my main language.
1.6 What is your SteamID? My SteamID is STEAM_0:0:239578538.
1.7 What is your Discord? My main Discord is currently _.zxph
1.8 References (if any)? I don't have any references.

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM is Random Death Match and it is when you kill another player without reason, one example could be they were walking down the street, another is during a carjacking and shooting the driver without adverting a KOS.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: NLR stands for New Life Rule and it is when you return to a point of death within 5 minutes of dying, one example could be dying at BMW garage and spawning at bus stop, another is being killed by the Bank and respawning at main spawn and returning there to kill the person that killed you.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP is the need to act like your character in a life threatening situation, one example of this could be a group of people holding you at gunpoint and another could be someone mugging you while they are armed.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is hatred or fear of members of the LGBTQIA+ community, one example could be denying a member a role due to being gay, another example could be calling a member a homophobic slur after finding out they are a member of the community.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism is hatred of a certain or multiple race(s)/ethnicities. One example of this could be calling a person a racial slur such as the n-word after being told they are African-American, another example is calling an Indian person a slur against that ethnicity.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? - I would first check William's warns to see if this is a recurring event or a one time thing, if it is the first time I will verbally warn William and tell him to read the rules around NHS and not to commit crimes against NHS, if it is a recurring event I will warn William and tell him to read the rules. I will also tell Joe that although he did the right thing, he reported William for the wrong reason and to check chat next time.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? - I would first check chat to see if a PD Raid was adverted, if it was then I would ask William if any citizens outside of the main PD area were killed, if not and Joe was a member of PD then I would end the sit as William was in their rights to KOS any PD members in PD. If the raid was not adverted, I would warn William for not adverting a raid, if William returns to PD and continues without adverting, I would ban William for ignorance and MassRDM

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? - I would check Williams warns, if there are any warns relating to not adverting or NLR, I would kick/ban William for RDM, ignorance and FTA.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? - (although Jihad is no longer a job), I would warn Joe as Joe ignored the advert, proceeded to advert a bombing, causing MassRDM, if Joe rejoins and does a similar thing I would then ban Joe for ignorance and any other issues caused,

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I'm active on the server. It is the only server on Garry's Mod that I play, I have a completely clean record.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? I would get a higher up (Mod, Trial-admin, Admin etc.)

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? I haven't staffed a Garry's Mod server but I have staffed discord and other game servers.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: I would like to say I'm patient, I care for the community, and I take things quite seriously.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: I take some things too seriously at times, I'm still in education so some times don't work for me, I might not be harsh enough on some people.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? I want to be able to help out my favourite server that I've played on any game, and I want to be able to help those on the server that need it (people being targeted for RDM etc.)

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? I do not have any disabilities that may impact my ability as staff.

Have you received any help when creating this application? I have not received any help making this application.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? I do consent to fact checking

Last edited:
you have to use the normal template for it to count

Alr cheers, i was unaware, i just answered the questions with them on a second page (i have now integrated the template into the application)

Last edited:

Jon

3.6 is not as detailed as i'd like it to be,

3.4 most aren't strengths, more like attributes.

3.1 Is under detailed, that question refers to, why should you become staff what makes you unique from other candidates what do you offer what makes you more important and skilled.

2.9 once again, seems like a reoccuring issue, the person blatantly ignored an advert of there being a PD meeting, bombed a PD meeting and killed more than 3+ people which means it would be a ban for MassRDM, not a warn.

2.8 what about the drug dealer who built on the side walk? he isn't allowed to do that, only hobo's and king hobo's can build on the side walk, plus banning the thief would not be suitable, last time i was staff, stacking warns was not allowed, so you would warn this user for "RDM, FTA" NLR" and what do you mean by ignorance? i'm quite confused on that one still.

2.3 FearRP applies when you are under gunpoint by 2 or more people.

2.2 you explained NLR quite well however, you missed one key point, Even if the 5 minutes have ended for NLR, you cannot return to the same SITUATION, no matter how much time has passed IF the same situation is still active you cannot return.

examples 2.5 2.4. 2.1 were described near perfectly.

1.4 Unless you didn't join the discords first thing, i believe you did not join in march, but i really don't know so correct me if you wish. 1703855627823.png

In my Professional opinion, i will have to give this staff application a NEUTRAL

Thank you, Jon.

3.6 is not as detailed as i'd like it to be,

3.4 most aren't strengths, more like attributes.

3.1 Is under detailed, that question refers to, why should you become staff what makes you unique from other candidates what do you offer what makes you more important and skilled.

2.9 once again, seems like a reoccuring issue, the person blatantly ignored an advert of there being a PD meeting, bombed a PD meeting and killed more than 3+ people which means it would be a ban for MassRDM, not a warn.

2.8 what about the drug dealer who built on the side walk? he isn't allowed to do that, only hobo's and king hobo's can build on the side walk, plus banning the thief would not be suitable, last time i was staff, stacking warns was not allowed, so you would warn this user for "RDM, FTA" NLR" and what do you mean by ignorance? i'm quite confused on that one still.

2.3 FearRP applies when you are under gunpoint by 2 or more people.

2.2 you explained NLR quite well however, you missed one key point, Even if the 5 minutes have ended for NLR, you cannot return to the same SITUATION, no matter how much time has passed IF the same situation is still active you cannot return.

examples 2.5 2.4. 2.1 were described near perfectly.

1.4 Unless you didn't join the discords first thing, i believe you did not join in march, but i really don't know so correct me if you wish. View attachment 2364

In my Professional opinion, i will have to give this staff application a NEUTRAL

Thank you, Jon.
When I first played in march, I did not join the discord server as I was clueless to the server at that point in time (however the screenshots attached shows the server as well as the date of March 15 2023, as for the other points, by ignorance I mean ignoring previous commands or warns, I'm not sure if there's a specific term for it so I just used the word ignorance to describe it. I was unaware you couldn't warn for more than one thing in the same warn, as it has happened to others while I was online. For 3.6, I'm not sure how I'm meant to word it but I'd just like to help out the server as the times I am usually online there is usually only like 2 or 3 staff online with 1 being on duty rarely. Thank you for the feedback.

Attachments

• image_2023-12-29_144830467.png
    image_2023-12-29_144830467.png
    332.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230315230944_1.jpg
    20230315230944_1.jpg
    606.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hey, I'm Zph/Zxph, I've been playing riverside for a few months on and off and this is my application for staff on the server.

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Zph
1.2 How old are you? I am 15 (even if I do sound like an infant at times).
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes.
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? I started playing in March of 2023 and stopped after around a month due to a friend being banned, my friends came back around June/August time and then they got banned again, they came back around 2 weeks ago and I've played continuously since.
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes, English is my main language.
1.6 What is your SteamID? My SteamID is STEAM_0:0:239578538.
1.7 What is your Discord? My main Discord is currently _.zxph
1.8 References (if any)? I don't have any references.

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM is Random Death Match and it is when you kill another player without reason, one example could be they were walking down the street, another is during a carjacking and shooting the driver without adverting a KOS.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: NLR stands for New Life Rule and it is when you return to a point of death within 5 minutes of dying, one example could be dying at BMW garage and spawning at bus stop, another is being killed by the Bank and respawning at main spawn and returning there to kill the person that killed you.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP is the need to act like your character in a life threatening situation, one example of this could be a group of people holding you at gunpoint and another could be someone mugging you while they are armed.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is hatred or fear of members of the LGBTQIA+ community, one example could be denying a member a role due to being gay, another example could be calling a member a homophobic slur after finding out they are a member of the community.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism is hatred of a certain or multiple race(s)/ethnicities. One example of this could be calling a person a racial slur such as the n-word after being told they are African-American, another example is calling an Indian person a slur against that ethnicity.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? - I would first check William's warns to see if this is a recurring event or a one time thing, if it is the first time I will verbally warn William and tell him to read the rules around NHS and not to commit crimes against NHS, if it is a recurring event I will warn William and tell him to read the rules. I will also tell Joe that although he did the right thing, he reported William for the wrong reason and to check chat next time.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? - I would first check chat to see if a PD Raid was adverted, if it was then I would ask William if any citizens outside of the main PD area were killed, if not and Joe was a member of PD then I would end the sit as William was in their rights to KOS any PD members in PD. If the raid was not adverted, I would warn William for not adverting a raid, if William returns to PD and continues without adverting, I would ban William for ignorance and MassRDM

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? - I would check Williams warns, if there are any warns relating to not adverting or NLR, I would kick/ban William for RDM, ignorance and FTA.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? - (although Jihad is no longer a job), I would warn Joe as Joe ignored the advert, proceeded to advert a bombing, causing MassRDM, if Joe rejoins and does a similar thing I would then ban Joe for ignorance and any other issues caused,

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I'm active on the server. It is the only server on Garry's Mod that I play, I have a completely clean record.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? I would get a higher up (Mod, Trial-admin, Admin etc.)

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? I haven't staffed a Garry's Mod server but I have staffed discord and other game servers.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: I would like to say I'm patient, I care for the community, and I take things quite seriously.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: I take some things too seriously at times, I'm still in education so some times don't work for me, I might not be harsh enough on some people.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? I want to be able to help out my favourite server that I've played on any game, and I want to be able to help those on the server that need it (people being targeted for RDM etc.)

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? I do not have any disabilities that may impact my ability as staff.

Have you received any help when creating this application? I have not received any help making this application.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? I do consent to fact checking
app doesn't seem bad or good i also haven't ever seen you on so I'm going to give you a NEUTRAL

Neutral (leaning towards a -1)
Your app is not very changed from your previously written staff application ( i know from my own previous experience that it's easier said than done when you've spent time writing something to have to make a new one and just change the application). Some section answers are a bit on the short side, would like more detail. Again, if you didn't just copy from your old one. Maybe you'd notice trial-admin not being a legitimate rank.
I'd say take some of Jon's feedback for your next application and rewrite the application not taking anything from your 2nd or 1st application. (at least not make it so obvious).

Denied, please improve your current involvement and reputation within the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom