Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied NERF/REMOVE THE SCO SHEILD

Status
Not open for further replies.
suggestion: remove or nerf the Sheild sco have access to
how this will benefit the community: make combat more fun and fair
links n/a
the sco shield is bulletproof and has no durability, the only way to damage them is they are while standing/running shoot them in the legs but while you are shooting at the legs they can just quick swap to the ar15 and kill you while you are distracted, a few good ways to combat this would be either removing it, adding durability stat to it or increase the draw out time between switching out the shield and ar15 or make it so you have to place it on the ground before swapping it out

+1
It needs some balancing as at the moment whenever SCO have a shield it’s a lost fight.

fzn

shoot them in the legs but while you are shooting at the legs they can just quick swap to the ar15 and kill you while you are distracted
what
how do you get distracted? you can literally just move your crosshair up

what
how do you get distracted? you can literally just move your crosshair up
i meant to put by other officers who would also be shooting, but that's my bad for not putting that

Its relatively simple to counter, 40mm, shoot the legs, flank (after killing any additional officers). I see this request as "they've put in a semi-effective counter to our custom jobs, time to cry on the forums", exactly as i said to you last night, the only people with an issue clearly just aren't playing around the shields properly.
Currently there's only about 5 or 6 people that have access to the shield, i fail to see how that's not balanced.

Its relatively simple to counter, 40mm, shoot the legs, flank (after killing any additional officers). I see this request as "they've put in a semi-effective counter to our custom jobs, time to cry on the forums", exactly as i said to you last night, the only people with an issue clearly just aren't playing around the shields properly.
Currently there's only about 5 or 6 people that have access to the shield, i fail to see how that's not balanced.
This man gets it

Currently there's only about half a dozen people that have access to the shield, i fail to see how that's not balanced.
while yes there is multiple counters to shield ( though most counters are situational in my opinion) in multiple cases it can and has been abused to kill people as you are able to swap to the ar15 incredibly quickly. regardless of the counters that there is there is flaws with the shield in how it can be unrealistic it is if abused.

-1 get good, also only SCO HU and TST get access to it
just because it has limited access doesn't excuse how easily it can be abused and "get good" isn't a counter-argument to the point I'm trying to make.

suggestion: remove or nerf the Sheild sco have access to
how this will benefit the community: make combat more fun and fair
links n/a
the sco shield is bulletproof and has no durability, the only way to damage them is they are while standing/running shoot them in the legs but while you are shooting at the legs they can just quick swap to the ar15 and kill you while you are distracted, a few good ways to combat this would be either removing it, adding durability stat to it or increase the draw out time between switching out the shield and ar15 or make it so you have to place it on the ground before swapping it out
+1
That Shield is a total wind up.

Better suggestion would be to make it so Shield officers are not allowed to push in on their own without support.

For those who have gone against a shield and lost, here is some tips you can use, like blitzkrieg him, going from both sides so the shield has to switch to a rifle. If you encounter a shield in 1-on-1, you can run at him at try to flank him or you run away while keeping a gun on him. If you empty your mag into the shield and reload, don't cry when he switches to a rifle and shoots you down. The shield is also very useful when going against a large group of armed players, so you could retreat to a safer area and return fire. Sure the shield can be annoying, but then you think of a strategy to counter the shield, I have been shield rushed a lot as well and I don't complain about it because there are bulletproof shields irl as well. You think criminals are going to cry to police for having a shield? The point is improvise, adapt, overcome

Better suggestion would be to make it so Shield officers are not allowed to push in on their own without support.
-1 just because you struggle to take down a shield doesn’t mean you need to remove it. Just like the others have said aim for their feet or even jump to get headshots. Also for the stats being added to the shield that sounds like a lot of work which probably won’t be added. As shown in Scott’s beautiful reply I can just add regulations to the shield no need to remove it.

its quite funny because before the shields it would normally be whoever was in the bank/PD first would have an advantage eg... top of balcony PD , garage door they are all third-person peakable and was quite unfair on the government but now its actually fair and both sides have a challenge

They have lost advantages in raids and want to get shield removed so they could have an advantage again

You guys use custom jobs which have so many weapons and advantages and you constantly outnumber us as well when it's supposed to be the opposite way due to us being government and an elite unit such as TST. There are several ways to counter the shield as mentioned above and it's not that hard but you can't just expect to go around with your custom job and be able to defeat anyone. It would be better to try and learn how to counter it instead of telling us to kill ourselves and getting very salty over losing to someone. (Not saying you did that yourself Bugzyy) You people constantly have advantages and you get too mad when the ones that are actually supposed to have them get them while also taking into consideration the numerous ways you can counter it and the small amount of people that have access to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom