Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied ♡ Angel's Application ♡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?

Angel.
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?

Yes.
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
I have been playing Riverside for almost 3 weeks.
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes.
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:0:151880769
1.7 References (if any)?
Generic and Piers

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

Random Deathmatch (RDM) is when you kill someone without a valid roleplay reason to do so.

Random Deathmatch
Example : A gun dealer walks up to a thief and immediately pulls out a pistol to shoot him in the face twice, killing him.

Example 2: A hitman finds himself inside the courthouse and wants to kill someone, he proceeds to stab the judge a few times which results in the Judge’s death.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

New Life Rule (NLR) restricts a players memory and actions once they respawn, a player that has died within the last 5 minutes is not allowed to return to his previous position. The person can also not remember any information he may have uncovered in his previous life.

New Life Rule
Example 1: A police constable is killed at the beach, he then spawns at hospital and runs back to where he died after only 3 minutes to then interact with the players that killed him.

Example 2: An SCO19 PVT is killed in a bank raid at the bottom of the stairs, after he respawns he repeats over his radio that all the armed suspects are at the bottom of the stairs.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

Fear Roleplay (FearRP) is where you must value your life as if it were to be the only one that you have.

Example 1 : You are placed at gunpoint by 4 armed criminals and told to stop moving, after hearing their commands you try to run off and ignore them.

Example 2: You are holding a rifle when two police inspectors come from behind you with their weapons drawn against you telling you to drop the rifle and surrender, you proceed to turn around and fire on the two inspectors.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:

Homophobia is discriminating against people who are gay.

Example 1: A person informs you that they are homosexual, you turn around and call them the f slur.

Example 2: Someone types in out of character that they wish that they could kill all the gays with an ar-15.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

Racism is when you spread hate on another person/people because of their race or ethnicity.

Example 1: Someone goes around using racial slurs.

Example 2: Someone impersonates a person of a different race and inherits a bunch of stereotypes of that race.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has advertised carjack and stolen an NHS member's vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advertise carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this situation?

I would bring William & Joe to a quiet place and check to see if William has previous warns, I would inform William that he cannot steal NHS Vehicles and warn him for Crimes against NHS, I would then show him where to find the rules and suggest for him to go and have a look at them.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he advertised PD Raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this situation?

I would bring both players to a quiet place, I would start off by asking for any video evidence or proof of the occurrence, I would then check logs to make sure that he advertised PD Raid and that all his kills were within the Police Department, if it all checks out and William was in the right I will tell Joe that he was following the server rules when shooting and killing the 6 players. However, if he was in the wrong depending on what he had done, if he didn’t advert PD Raid but the kills were still inside PD then I would warn him for Failure to Advert, of he had or had not advertised PD Raid and killed the 6 people outside of PD then I would ban him for MRDM. After that I would end the situation and return them both to previous locations.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joe's base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this situation?

I would bring both players to a staff location and ask for any evidence that could assist me in the decision making of the situation, because Drug Dealers are not allowed to build bases on the sidewalk; it becomes a fail base and therefore would not require an advert to enter the base (Joe could be warned for building a fail base). After entering the “base” but remaining on the sidewalk, if Joe killed William on the sidewalk without genuine provocation then Joe could also be warned for Random Deathmatch (RDM). But afterwards because William came back with a gun and killed Joe and sold all his drugs, William could be warned for NLR and RDM. I would warn Joe 1 time for “Fail Base + RDM” and I would also warn William for NLR and RDM. I would then return both players to their previous locations and get Joe to delete his base.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this situation?

I would respawn Joe and try to defibrillate as many people as possible, I would then teleport to a staff location and question Joe to find out if he didn’t read the PD meeting announcement or if he just ignored it, if he ignored it then I would ban him for MRDM. However, if he didn’t see it in chat and was oblivious to the PD meeting (it would have to be genuine and sincere) then I would warn him for doing a Major Crime during the PD meeting. I would then inform him that if he makes the same mistake twice then I would ban him for MRDM.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I should be chosen over other applicants because I’m a very active player and I would like to help everyone out in the community by dealing with all of the rule breakers. I want the best for everyone and I enjoy helping others out. If accepted, I would want to train others and make them the best they could be . I’m a very trustworthy person and I am a very fast learner and I can handle difficult players professionally. I have seen a lot of rule breakers while no staff are on so I can help in those situations and prevent that from happening. I have an extreme amount of hours in Garry's Mod (9.1k Hours) and have played PoliceRP and similar game modes a lot and with that, I've been in my fair share of staff situations. I believe players need to learn they’re lesson which won’t happen unless they are dealt with fairly by a member of staff.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle, what would you do?

See if there is a higher up online or message a higher up on discord and ask them for advice, I would also ask in staff chat in case anyone of similar rank has dealt with a similar situation to the one that I am in.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

Yes, I was a Moderator on Icefuse Networks, it was a great experience as they are very well built and taught me how to operate in a very professional staffing environment.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

I am very professional as well as empathetic with all users and peers.

I have a great understanding of Garry's Mod (I Have 9.1k Hrs) and how it works and how servers operate.

I am a friendly person that likes to help out wherever I can, which means that people are able to talk to me if they have any issues on the server.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

Sometimes I am quick to speak, this will not affect how I act as staff but it is something I do.

I am in a different time zone but it won’t stop me from being super active and getting lots of SOD time.

I can’t think of a third.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I want to join the staff team because I want to help out everyone and I would like to gain more experience and grow as a staff member. I want to help grow a nice community and help where I can. I’m very active and I play a lot of gmod and I want to prevent RDM and prop misuse and I would like to help all staff members grow and succeed in the server. I’m a very creative person and with that, I would like to join the event team as well. I always enjoyed the events that the staff members made and I want to help out and make them too. I’m a very mature person and I take things very seriously.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?

No

Have you received any help when creating this application?

No

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?

Yes

+0 did you remake your staff app to say you’ve been playing for three weeks. Icl from 6 days to three weeks is a big jump in 72 hours

MoDesigns

Community Owner
Developer
Superadmin
Community Management
+0 did you remake your staff app to say you’ve been playing for three weeks. Icl from 6 days to three weeks is a big jump in 72 hours
yeah i think she did 😭 but tbf she said the first time was like feb 2nd or something so thats 2 weeks, both are wrong

yeah i think she did 😭 but tbf she said the first time was like feb 2nd or something so thats 2 weeks, both are wrong
yeah removed her old one where i pointed out all the mistakes and made a neew one fixin em

Rud

Howdy! I was an Executive for Icefuse Networks, assigned to the DarkRP server that Angel used to be staff on. I can vouch that she was an attentive staff member, always eager to learn, and upheld a great activity/availability schedule. With the proper training & guidance, I'm confident she could be a valuable asset to the team here.

Denied, I would like to see how you interact with other players in game before I reconsider your applicaiton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom