Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Armoured's STAFF APPLICATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Must have played Riverside for at least two weeks. ✅
- Cannot staff another server (conflict of interest). ✅
- Access to Discord. ✅
- A working microphone. ✅
- Clear understanding of the rules. ✅

Other rules:
- Do not copy your application from a previously written one. ✅
- Do not mention other communities by name. ✅
- Style your application so it is easy to read. ✅
- If your application is denied you may re-apply in one week. ✅

Armoured's Staff Application

Section A: Applicants' background

1.1: What is your in-game name? armoured

1.2 How old are you? 15

1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes.

1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Since 2020. However, I have taken multiple breaks due to mental health.

1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes.

1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:425462040

1.7 References (if any)? Neuro.

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

Random Death Match, shorthand RDM, is the murder of another player without a valid RP reason.

Two examples of this rule being broken would be:
  • A player shoots a police officer without reason.
  • A player insults another player. The second player responds by stabbing the first.
2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

New Life Rule, shorthand NLR, states that you must forget and not interact with anything from your previous life for five minutes after you die. You may not join any situations involved in your death.

• A player is killed while he is raiding the PD building. They proceed to return to the still ongoing raid and shoot an officer.
  • A player is killed by an undercover NCA officer. They then tell multiple people who the undercover officer is.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP is a server rule which dictates how a player should act when outnumbered by players with firearms. It states when you are outnumbered by players with firearms you must follow all of their instructions, within reason. FearRP does not apply if you have your weapon out before being outnumbered.

• A player attempts to escape a kidnapping while three other players have their firearms aimed at them.
  • A player equips and shoots their weapon while being mugged by two players with firearms.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:

Homophobia is the act of discriminating, being prejudiced, or having an irrational fear of homosexual people.

Two examples of this would be:
  • A player is killed by another player. He calls the player a homophobic slur. This would be considered homophobia.
  • A player makes negative remarks about all homosexual people. This would be considered homophobia.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

Racism is the act of discriminating against, being prejudiced, or having an irrational fear of a particular racial or ethnic group.

Two examples of this would be:
  • A player is discriminating and being prejudiced against someone due to their race. This would be considered racism.
  • A player uses a racial slur because he is frustrated. This would be considered racism.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS member's vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

First, I would check logs to see if Joe had adverted. I would then explain to Joe that crimes against the NHS are against the server rules. Next, I would check Joe's warns to determine his punishment. Finally, I would return the NHS vehicle to its owner and return all players involved.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

First, I would check logs to see if William had adverted PD raid. If William had adverted, I would explain to Joe that William is allowed to kill on sight during a PD raid and return both players. If William had not adverted I would punish them for MassRDM and return any lost items to Joe.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joe's base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun, drives straight back, kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

First, I would explain to both players what rules both players had broken.

William:
  • Failure to advert.
  • New Life Rule.
Joe:
  • Basing rule C1 ("Any store in Westfield can be used as a base. Only Hobos are permitted to base elsewhere except for the road.")
Next, I would check how many warns each of the players has and punish both accordingly. Finally, I would reimburse Joe for their lost drugs.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts "bombing" and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

First, I would explain to Joe that he is unable to commit a bombing as "no major crimes" had been adverted. I would then punish them for MassRDM.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
  1. I have a background in leadership and disciplinary roles both in-game and out of character.
  2. I have played the server for multiple years and have seen its evolution through that time. So, I am eager to make a positive impact on the community.
  3. I have researched the server rules at length and possess a deep understanding of them.
  4. I am dedicated to any role that I undertake.
3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

I would contact a higher-up admin/moderator and ask them or refer to any resources that I had at hand.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

No, I do not.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

1. I am very fair and unbiased. My emotions or opinions would not affect my judgement as staff.
  2. I am highly dedicated to any roles I undertake.
  3. I am very extroverted and greatly enjoy both talking to people and helping people.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

1. I suffer from various mental issues that may impair my judgement in certain specific situations. I am willing to discuss this further in private if need be.
  2. I am currently in full-time education with exams soon to come. This may have a negative effect on my playtime.
  3. I have in the past broken rules and disrespected staff. This could have a negative impact on my image as a staff member.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

As I mentioned earlier I enjoy talking and helping people as well as resolving situations. I also would like to make a positive impact on the Riverside community as a whole.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?

Mentioned above.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes.

Thank you for your consideration!

+1 very good very well detailed big plus one would love to see him the staff team amazing professionalism

Horrible attitude
Tried to cheat by getting staff to review his application before posting it. (Not sure if somenoe helped it or not, but it's strictly forbidden.)

1648665887349.png

Horrible attitude
Tried to cheat by getting staff to review his application before posting it. (Not sure if somenoe helped it or not, but it's strictly forbidden.)

View attachment 1114
I posted this a couple minutes before posting this application. I was not just asking for someone to read though to check if it was written in a grammatically correct way. I am sorry you feel this way and I hope I can change your opinion in the future!

Hob

+1 On all the time, Great guy and always following rules. Amazing for Staff.

Extremely Toxic
Likes to bully people
Tends to start arguments with other people

Not a nice guy to be around

Extremely Toxic
Likes to bully people
Tends to start arguments with other people

Not a nice guy to be around
Would like to make a statement on this. I have had disagreements with Cian on multiple occasions due to some of the actions he has taken on duty. I will not be discussing my opinions on this further but saying I like to bully people I believe is a completely invalid statement and one anyone who has played with me will oppose. Thank you for your input. I am sorry you have had a negative experience with me.

Not good fit for staff
Horrible attitude towards people
Unprofessional and likes to bully people as cian said

Azz

+0 Haven't had many interactions but DMing staff to look at your app isn't a good idea.

+1

• Fit for staff.
  • Good attitude in the community.
  • Been playing with for the past week on PD and has always been professional.
  • Shown knowledge of rules.
  • Has always been happy to help people in game.

Due to these reasons I have put a +1 and believe that he will be fit for the staff team.

+0 Haven't had many interactions but DMing staff to look at your app isn't a good idea.
Sorry for misunderstanding. At point of posting no help was received. Please DM me if you would me to explain further. Thanks!

Mozzie

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
Neutral
+1 Seems like a nice guy
-1 Did ask people to look at staff app

Neutral
+1 Seems like a nice guy
-1 Did ask people to look at staff app
Thank you! Really sorry about the the asking about applications. But I can assure you every single word written on this application is mine. Thanks again and have a good night.

Not good fit for staff
Horrible attitude towards people
Unprofessional and likes to bully people as cian said
Hi! Sorry for a late reply. I'm really sorry you feel this way. Could you elaborate on what bad experiences you've had with me? Thanks and have a good night.

-1 nice guy but hasn’t been around for long so I don’t believe he’s ready for staff.
and he advertised his application.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom