Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Azz's Staff App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azz

- Must have played Riverside for at least two weeks.✅

- Cannot staff another server (conflict of interest).✅

- Access to Discord.✅

- A working microphone.✅

- Clear understanding of the rules.✅

Other rules:
- Do not copy your application from a previously written one.✅
- Do not mention other communities by name.✅
- Style your application so it is easy to read.✅
- If your application is denied you may re-apply in one week.✅

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Azz
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
Recently about 2-3 Months
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:151410104
1.7 References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM is short for Random Deathmatch; you must have a valid role-play reason to kill another player.

Example 1: Simon is a thief has a car and bob, a citizen, admires the car and takes a photo. Simon doesn't like that and kills Bob.
Example 2: Dave is a Police Constable and Joey is a Gun Dealer. Joey kills Dave and says 'I hate pigs'.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR stands for New Life Rule; if you get killed, no matter what job, you cannot return to your previous location for 5 minutes. You must not retain any information from your previous life either. A simple example would be telling a police officer that you got killed by someone and trying to get them arrested.

Example 1: Max kills Bob in a raid, Bob then proceeds to go back and kill max in 60 seconds.
Example 2: Dave does a PD and gets killed; he proceeds to run straight back and continue the raid.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
Fear Roleplay is simply when your life is in danger and you must follow instructions from a person as you are outnumbered and in real life situations you would not have time to counter.

Example 1: Jake is being mugged by two gun dealers who have successfully adverted. Jake proceeds to get out his weapon and try to shoot them and does damage.
Example 2: Bob is getting kidnapped by two people. They have two mk18s on him and the advert to kidnap him. Bob pulls out a bomb and blows them all up.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Targeting/ Harassing a person because of what gender they like.

Example 1: Paul is a homosexual. Dave thinks its funny to mug and kidnap him, and steal Pauls car just because of his preference. He continues to do this most of the evening that Paul is playing, whilst making rude comments about homosexuals in general. Although Dave is not breaking the rules when adverting and cooldowns, he is still targeting Paul because of his sexuality.
Example 2:Jemma is a homosexual. Joe proceeds to follow her around and make jokes about lesbians and knows it offends Jemma. This is homophobia as Joe is making jokes about someone's sexual preference.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Targeting/Harassing a person because of their race.

Example 1: Bob is harassing and being very racist towards Josh calling him extremely rude and racist names in game and saying he is 'inferior' just because he is black.
Example 2: Jake has been PSD'd by Leon in game and finds out. Jake calls Leon a 'n*zi' in game just because Leon is German.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring them both to a sit and check that William had adverted and then check his warns for Crimes against the NHS and Failure to Advert. If he hadn't adverted then I would warn him or verbally warn him depending on his previous warns.

If he has had a warning for Crimes against NHS before then I would warn him as you are not allowed to commit crimes against them including stealing their cars. If he hasn't had any warns before and seems pretty new to the server I would make sure he knows the other rules and give him a verbal for not knowing the rules for NHS.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would take them both to a sit after making sure they aren't in any active situations. I would ask Joe for his side of the story and then do the same for William.

I would then make sure William has adverted for PD Raid. If he did not then the six players who he killed would justify a warn/ban for MRDM. His warns would be checked if he has done this previously and if he has then I would ask a HU admin to ban him.
If William adverted I would ask for proof that Joe was not in PD and ask William if he shot him inside of PD. If Joe was inside then William had the right to shoot him, if Joe was not inside then it is RDM and William would be warned.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would take them both to a sit and listen to both of their sides of the story. I would then warn/ban William for FTA, RDM and NLR and notify a HU if necessary. Make sure Joe knows the rules that you cannot build on the pavement unless you are a hobo/hobo king. I would then give him a verbal for this and make sure he doesn't do it again. I would then ask Joe if he knows how much money was stolen with the drugs and see if I can reimburse him myself, if not i would contact a HU to see if there's something else we can arrange.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Firstly, I would make sure there was an advert from PD to make sure Joe did break the rules. I would explain to Joe that there cannot be any majors when a PD meeting is ongoing or about to start as the advert clearly states NO MAJORS. I would check his warns and make sure if he's a new player. If so, I would warn him for MRDM and Jail him to make sure he can read the rules properly to prevent this from happening again.

If he is experienced then I would contact a HU admin to get him banned for MRDM.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I am professional when roles require me to be. I enjoy playing on the server and want to make it as best as it can be. I'd say I am decently well known in the community now as I have been on a lot recently. I've personally been in situations and know it can be frustrating when no admins are online so I would add to server as another helping hand. I'd say I am pretty calm and enjoy new players coming to the server and I always try to remind them about certain rules if they break them.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
If there is another admin online I would ask them for some help in game, otherwise I would go to the discord channel and ask for advice or help. If no one gets back to me I would try to judge it as fairly as possible as i would be the highest ranking admin online.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
I have hosted and staffed Discord severs but no Gmod servers unfortunately.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
1) I am helpful.
2) Very Active on the server.
3) Fast Learner.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

1) Not Experienced.
2) Not Active Weekends day time.
3) Not a fast typer.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I feel like the server would benefit having extra hands. The player and staff interactions have been great. I enjoy playing on the server that I would be honoured to help out. I have a lot of free time in the evenings as it is my gap year and i only work weekends and going on the server is one of my favourite things to do. Although I haven't got any experience I would say I am a fast learner and think i am fit for the role.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

Feel free to leave some feedback if you think my application needs some adjusting!

Thanks,

-Azz

+1

You're extremely active and you know and follow the rules very well, I think you'd be an amazing staff member.

Reactions: Azz
+1 - Very cool person to talk to - always active in the community - good with rules off the server - Good Luck Legal Lee

+1
I haven't interacted with him a lot, but when I did it was always a nice and funny experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom