Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Badgers second attempt for staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.1: What is your in-game name?
Badger
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
almost 3 years or so on and off though this is my longest time on the server on one period
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
yes
1.6 What is your SteamID?
1.7 References (if any)?
raful chief paramedic
john fries
Discord is “badgerthebadger”

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

Random Death Match. Killing a Player for no reason.
someone radnom shoots you on the streets, or
someone runs you over with a car when you were being perfectly safe, eg walking on pavement and they come outa no where ad hit you

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

so NLR means means that after death you must start a new life which also means
They cannot hold knowledge of events that took place in their old life. It also implies players cant return to the same area in which they died for 5 minutes.

josh kills sarah, and sarah comes back to josh trying to kill them for it,
a criminal comes back and kills a police officer and the officer comes back to continuously trying to get the criminal

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

the character must be afraid of dying, this means they cant be fearless, within reason when in a situation that they could die
someone tries robbing someone and they turn around and try to fist fight the man with a gun when they know they cant win.
someones being chased by multiple people with guns and while being fired at carries on running.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:

lol im literaly gay, but i guess if i called somone out for being gay and picked on exlusivly them for it, as example one.
or i repeatadly rdm'd someone because i knew they were gay

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
descriminating against a race, by using words, or by physical acts, such as targetting someone and bullying them for it
1; someone hunts someone down and repeatadly kills them for their race,
2; someone keeps hunting another down and hurling insults at them based exclusivly on their race

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

i would start sit out of the way of rp. and speak to both gathering both of their sides,looking into what evidence they have and explaining the situatuation to them both,until we could come to an agreeable outcome then return
them both to their last locations, trying to keep the rp smooth as possible, unless its clear that joe knows and is just trying to waste time, in which case i would warn him, then let them continue, keeping an eye on
joe. than on both, make sure the nhs member either gets their car back or easy access to another.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
take both somewhere out of rp, take both sides, cheeck through logs, or ask if they have evidence such as videos, however i would still give william a warning maybe just verbal depending on how many warnings he has,
letting him know that you cant attack nhs members unless they are trying to kill him, then retunr both to last locations, unless it would break rp to do so.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

i would warn william, after talking to both sides, getting evidence, then maybe follow william around after i have returned him to make sure he follows rp rues, then go to joe, and explain to him he isnt allowed to build on the street as
a drug dealer and would need to be a hobo, letting him off with just a verbal warning, assuming he has no other warnings and is trying to follow rules.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

i would take joe to a sit location, explainng that he cant bomb a training event, and depending on his warnings and weather or not he seems unaware of it, and seems sorry, maybe ban for a few hours, letting him know he can appeal on
the website

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

i believe my experience being a superadmin in a server ran by my 3 friends, on a police rp server together, even having temporary console access, gives me the experience to be a useful member,
though i cant be too active on the server, i can work it around in my free time and give a lot of my time to make sure everyone on the server is having as much fun as possible, while im not so strict, i can be
under circumstances where i need to be, and i believe this will make me a useful asset, as it will bring players in with the relaxed system of this server, while not taking away from any of rp parts. and as anyone who met me in rp
may be able to tell, while i am really stupid in rp and just trying to have a good time, i can be serios when its needed.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

now ive been out of being a mod for a while, so while im pretty experienced i dont want to jinx it, and im always willing to reach out to other staff members if i need some assistance with a sit,
or need help with explaining the rules.or controlling a non rp situation.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers

yes, i did 2 years as superadmin with a smaller server called kingdom networks, which was started by me and 2 other friends, which was decently popular but died about 2 years ago now,
ive been in and out on different servers since then, though im making my return to gmod and wish to do so with this server.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

good at listening and being as unbaised as possible
experienced with resolving situations
playing this server pretty innactively sure, but i have been on enough to learn and understand the major rules.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

with just returning after a long while, i will need some help getting back on my feet, command wise.
due to having a full time job i cant be as active as i wish, though i will try making it work
bit of a bad internet connection which may mess with some staff meetings.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

been doing staff for a while ofc, but my life changed, servers died and people moved on, so i wish to start again with a new server and make some new fun memories, help keep this server up, and make sure everyone on the server is
as best a time as they can.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
im a bit dyslexic as you might notice reading this (its been made on notes and the screen burns my eyes) but thats it.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

Last edited:
good guy in rp, good understanding of rules, general good crack and the guy has a good reputation with everyone so will likely be listened too by just about everyone, i couldn't see a reason why its a bad decision.

john fries

+1 Always active including late times which would be useful! Extremely friendly person, never had any issues. I believe he'd be a great addition to the team due to activity and understanding of the rules!

Mr Nobody

Senior-Admin
Staff Member
+1 Very good man very active very cool should be a staff member

+1
Badger would make a great addition to the Staff Team, they are respectful and professional and I would be delighted for them to join the Staff Team.

Azz

Accepted, contact me on Discord to arrange and interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom