Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted BigJT Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?

BigJT
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
Just Before Christmas 2021
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes.
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:63854170
1.7 References (if any)?
Charlie Niles

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM is short for Random Death Match and it means that if you were to kill someone you must have a legitimate roleplay reason, if you dont then that is considered RDM. eg; Say if someone was walking down the street and someone pulled out a gun and killed said person for no reason then that is RDM. Also; You have Mass RDM where someone kills a bunch of people for no apparent reason.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR is short for New Life Rule and it is that when you die, you can not go back to the place or event where you died due to the fact you have started a new life. Technically you have forgotten everything to do with that event and you can not act on it. One example is that if there is a PD raid and you're a Gov job and you die, you can NOT go back to PD and join in. Another instance is if you have died somewhere then you cant go back to that place for 5 minutes minimum.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is when you're outnumbered and people have guns pointed towards you. Say if two people had a gun pointed to me and said Drop 5k then I would have to drop 5k as this is considered FearPR. Also; if you have 4 people pointing guns at you and they want to steal your car, then you cant just get in and drive away.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is a range of negative attitudes towards homosexuals or people who identify themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community. One example of homophobia is if someone used a homophobic slur to someone because of their sexuality. Another example is making fun of someone part of the LGBTQ+ community.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is discrimination or being prejudice towards an individual or community on the basis of their ethnic group.
One example is calling someone a racist name due to the colour of their skin and another is example is someone making comments about past racial events.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would drag both parties to a place, and ask what had happened from both sides. Due to the rules of NHS vehicles being off limits, I would warn William and remind him to look at the rules on the Riverside website.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would drag both players to a place, I would ask what happened from their side of the story, I would ask if anyone had any 'clips' or evidence. I would then check the logs to see if William adverted PD raid. I would explain to William that it wasn't RDM and just remind him of how everything works in Riverside.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? First of all, I would drag both players to a sit, and ask what happened from their side of the story. I would explain to William about the rules around NLR, RDM and ADVERTING. I would then jail him for breaking the rules so he can read the server rules, then I would warn William due to breaking the server rules.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would go to Joe and inform him about the advert William has put out. I would then explain to him that he can't do that. Due to killing 10 people this comes under Mass RDM and I would give the appropriate punishment required.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

You should choose me over other applications because I have my own opinion and out look on situations, I'm easy going and I'm very fair and I want to ensure that everyone has a fun roleplaying experience.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would contact another staff member and ask for some assistance, If no one is available in game then I would ask them to call on Discord and then explain the situation and how I can go about it. At the end of the day, we are all constantly learning.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes I do, however this was between 2014 and 2017.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
Extensive knowledge of the rules, I am very fair, I am also professional and unbiased.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
I work full time, Being an adult and having responsibilities:ROFLMAO:, I believe that is it.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I would like to be a staff member because I want to give my knowledge, my opinions and my outlook to the server. Since I joined Riverside, I rarely play any other game and I want to make sure everyone is having fun whilst playing the server to make the experience enjoyable for everyone. I have extensive knowledge of the rules which means I know what rules have been broken. I'm a bit rusty on ULX as I haven't used it for nearly 5 years but it's like riding a bike isn't it?! I'd like to believe I have a good reputation on the server and 90% of the time I play, I'm always in a GOV job to which I have obtained high ranks throughout.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No.

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes.

Last edited:
+1
Solid Guy has a great understanding of the rules very mature and probs one of my fav people in the server

Mozzie

Mozzie
Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
+1 good guy, knows the rules well, think hes a good fit for staff

Good Luck, Mozzie

I recall this he called jeep a “faggot” for stealing his car ^ -1
Could you please in form when this was please? As this is not in my character. Also if I did this; why was this not reported to staff? And why was this not reported to PSD due to me being on as a gov job?

Could you please in form when this was please? As this is not in my character. Also if I did this; why was this not reported to staff? And why was this not reported to PSD due to me being on as a gov job?
when you were TSUPT, around 2 weeks ago maybe? have a video saved somewhere, but i wont dig around for it. also im sorry i didnt get you banned, my fault

+1

Just bumped into this guy today and he was a total character! well known and knows the server rules. Would love to see him on the staff team!

Also, I keep seeing comments about his use of calling people "faggots" I never had this occurrence, but I would like to say that many staff members have used bad language, so don't let this define his character and the person he is.

-1 calling pepole a Fa*** and also not a nice person
I apologise that you feel like I’m not a nice person, however I would like to add that I try and accommodate to everyone on the server and try and be an all round nice person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom