Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Flemmer's staff application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Flemmer
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes.
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
For over a week. A bit after I joined with my friend we got instantly hooked and has been playing a lot since.
I understand the server very well even though I don't have the required 2 weeks.
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes.
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:104486157
1.7 What is your Discord?
willcph1#4979
1.8 References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM stands for Random Deathmatch, this is an easy and simple rule to break.

Example A:
John recently robbed the bank, he is now wanted and the police are shooting at him.
Johns friend Joe then joins the server while they are in a discord call with no association ingame.
Joe proceeds to shoot and kill a police officer, still with no association other than information over discord.

This would be considered RDM, because Joe has to associate himself with John before being able to help him.
For example, having a "tag" in their name so others can see that John and Joe are working together.

Example B:
John makes himself a gundealer and proceeds to spawn weapons for himself, not much later he goes to spawn and kills everything in sight with no actual reasoning behind it.
John is a minge, and his only reason for playing is to "RDM". What John did is considered "MassRDM" since he killed 3 or more people.
Reference to rule B2 (RDM / VDM) "Killing 3 or more people without a valid reason is considered MassRDM and holds heavier consequences."

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR stands for New life rule, it implies that once you have died, you may not return to the same area or interact with the same people for 5 minutes. in roleplay you may not remember who killed you, what killed you etc.

Example A:
John's house is being raided, he does his best to defend but eventually dies, he then respawns, spawns his car and drives directly back to the same house he just died at.
John brings a gun and kills the raider.

In this example John is breaking NLR and RDM because, rule B1(NLR) states "you should not interact with anything from your previous life for up to 5 minutes after your death.".
And RDM because John had no real reason to kill the raider since John should first of all, not returned and second, not be able to remember it in RP.

Example B:
John is carjacking Joe's car, Joe kills John but John runs straight back and does the exact same thing again, interacting with Joe who just killed him.

This is NLR, John is not supposed to get into the same situation / area that he just died in.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP states that in roleplay, when threatened by death you must value your characters life over all else.

Example A:
John is currently mugging Joe with a firearm drawn, Joe has no weapons but continues to flee from the situation and gets shot my John.
In this example, Joe is supposed to value his life and do as John tells him. The situation would be different if Joe had a firearm.

Example B:
John and Joe are mugging Joseph, John and Joe both have guns drawn, but Joseph has a gun himself. Joseph pulls his firearm out and kills both John and Joe.
This is considered FearRP because Joseph is being outnumbered by firearms, and did not have gun drawn prior to the situation.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Calling someone the F slur would be considered homophobia.

Harassing someone because they are Homosexual.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Calling someone racial slurs would be considered racism.

Harassing someone because of their race is racism.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I will quickly open the logs, check Williams both advert and lockpicking logs to see if he adverted before lockpicking the car, or even adverted at all.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I will open Williams advert logs to first check if he adverted, then his kill logs to see the location and time of kills. I can then determine off of that information the outcome of the sit.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
First of all, Joe is a drug dealer, not a hobo or road worker. He is not allowed to build on sidewalks.
It doesn't seem like William is aware of the rules, so I will first explain to him both "RDM" and "NLR" which are the ones he broke.
I will then punish William for "NLR" and "RDM". But also punish Joe for breaking the basing rules.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
This would be considered "MassRDM" as Joe is aware that no major crimes are allowed.
I believe I would need a higher up to issue a punishment to Joe, as I wouldn't have authority to ban as a Trail-Mod.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
There are lots of reasons for choosing me over other applicants.
I have a great understanding of the server, and I am able to learn very easily. This is proven by me making 6 mil on my second day of playing the server.
I have corrected staff on the rules, which showed me that some (not all) of the current staff may not be very experienced.
My past experience in staffing makes me a great asset to the staff team. My knowledge and understanding of the rules is very good, considering I'm a newcomer.
I have played on the server consistently for a little over a week I believe, though my ability to easily adapt to new servers and learn from my mistakes has helped me a lot here on riverside.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would first ask any other staff member online to get their opinion on the matter. If they are also unsure, I would contact a higher up as my last resort.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, I have lots and lots of previous experience.
Mostly in DarkRP, but I have both ran a pretty big server myself, and also staffed on lots of bigger servers before.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
My knowledge and understanding of the rules.
My quick thinking and decision making.
I don't bring emotions or past interactions with players into sits when staffing. Making me perfect to not be bias towards anyone.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
I really enjoy the RP aswell as PVP in tense situations on the server, so the only weakness I can think of would be not staffing 100% of my time on the server. Though an even split of playing the server and staffing the server would work well.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I would like to become staff so that I can help the community, as I've seen a lot of staff members not being completely sure of the rules etc.
My passion for staffing and keeping a safe environment for everyone drives me, and I would love to help out riverside the best I can.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
No.

==========================================
Unless I am confusing you with someone else I have had to deal with the multiple times during situations where the rolepaly standard is far below what I would expect from a applicant wanting to join the staff team.

considering you have had warnings within the last 4 days clearly shows that you are not fit for the staff team and have no understanding of the server rules, personally I do not see you as a fit candidate for the staff team.

-1 negative

It has not been 2 weeks of playing, as you mentioned. I think it could benefit from more details and an actual written definition of what homophobia and racism are. There are some spelling issues in your app that, with a thorough review, you might have found (not implying that you haven't, just suggesting a more careful check).
The "knowledge and understanding of rules" isn't at the level I expected. For instance, you should have clarified that stealing NHS cars is a crime against the NHS (another rule breakage), and having a "tag" in one's name doesn't simply affiliate you with another person. (I somewhat get where you are headed)

I don't see you often, but I have seen you on criminal mastermind doing crate raids, where you tend to spawn these huge grey blocks (more than 4), hiding behind them and only revealing your forehead. At this point, I'm not sure if you would be a good fit since it's a policerp server, and you aren't even trained for PD, which, to me, is a bit of a negative aspect.
There aren't many staff who only main as criminals, which gives the impression that you might only be interested in robbing and shooting people, rather than engaging in more in-depth police or NHS RP.
Demonstrating this willingness to expand your expertise will also make you a more valuable candidate for a staff position, as you'll be better equipped to provide assistance and support across the entire server. (Also more know throughout the community) Indeed to me, it's essential for staff members to be well-rounded and knowledgeable about all aspects of the server.

If I am able to witness you engage in some good RP (not just criminal RP), maybe I would trust you more to become a staff member. As of right now I'm not investing >: (

Last edited:

Not much to say that hasn't been said, multiple recent punishments in game, not fit for staff.

does not have a good reputation.
Multiple Staff members have ban encounters with this person.

parks

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
Denied

Please improve your reputation amongst the community and re apply in two weeks if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom