Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied GMAN's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
GMAN
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes.
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
7-9 months. Can't remember.
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes.
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:556597451
1.7 What is your Discord?
thatgmanguy
1.8 References (if any)?
None.

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
Random Deathmatch. It is when you murder someone for no reason.
Eg.1: Guy1 murders Guy2 for looking at him.
Eg.2: Guy1 murders Guy2 for talking to him.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
New Life Rule. It is based on the idea that when you die in-game, you lose all your memories and can not return to your place of death for 5 minutes.
Eg.1: During a bank raid, Guy2 dies to a SCO19 Officer. They come back instantly and kill the SCO19 Officer and everyone around him.
Eg.2: Guy1 Raids Guy2's base. He manages to get in, but Guy2 murders Guy1. Guy1 instantly comes back to the base and murders Guy2.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is based on the idea that when you are being threatened by a weapon, you can not value anything over your own life.
Eg.1: Guy1 attempts to mug Guy2 with a gun, Guy2 then pulls out a gun and kills Guy1.
Eg:2: Guy1 threatens Guy2 to leave them alone with a gun after Guy2 has been following them for some time. Guy2 then pulls out an AK-47 and murders Guy1.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is discrimination against gay people and any other sexuality.
Eg.1: Guy1 kills Guy2 for "being gay".
Eg.2: Guy1 calls Guy2 a homophobic slur for no reason.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is discrimination against any race.
Eg.1: Guy1 calls Guy2 the N-word for "being black".
Eg.2: Guy1 calls Guy2 the P-slur for being Indian.
Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would ask for evidence that William has stolen Joe's NHS Vehicle. If no proof is provided, I could view/teleport to William while cloaked and if they are in an NHS vehicle, I would bring them to Joe and Ii would ask them their side of the story and why they have stolen the NHS vehicle. I would verbally-warn William for crimes against NHS if they do not have any other warnings. If they have had a warning in the past, I would warn them for crimes against NHS.
2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would ask for video evidence that William has shot at him for no reason. If the video evidence suffices and shows enough evidence, then William would be banned for MRDM. If the video evidence did not suffice, I would check chat logs for the advert. If he did not advert, he would be banned for MRDM. If he adverted, I would check the death position for all 6 people and see if it is in the perimeter of the PD. If it is not in the perimeter of the PD, I would ban them for MRDM.
2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would ask for video evidence. I would check damage logs and see who shot first and where. If video evidence suffices, I would kick William for RDM,NLR and Failure To Advert(FTA). If the video did not suffice or show anything, the case would be dismissed unless if damage logs showed who shot first and they helped to determine who is in the wrong. I would also warn Joe for building on the sidewalk while not being a hobo.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would ask Joe why they did it. I would tell Joe that it is not allowed and it was clearly a PD meeting. I would then ban Joe for MRDM or kick them if they haven't had any warns. ( I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with punishments)

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
You should choose me over other people due to my activity I can give. I can be kind to everyone and show respect. I will be the best I can be. You should pick me so I can get experience here. You should pick me so I can get memories here and have a good time and help the server be moderated more.
3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would ask a staff member in-discord, or in-game using PMS. If there is a handbook, I would refer to it before contacting anyone.
3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
No. I am looking for experience here to benefit myself and others in-game.
3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
1. I am active.
2. I enjoy moderating.
3. I love helping others.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
1. I take criticism harshly but I've learned to accept it.
2. I can't do anything without multi-tasking. I am also sort of immature. I'm working on it and will be professional and mature.
3. I sometimes just lash out at people while I'm angry. I have anger issues.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to be a staff member to help others. I want to get experience here to learn and benefit myself. I want to learn how to moderate and be more mature as I age and grow older.
3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
I have anger issues, but it's quieting down over time.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes.

============================================

I do not believe that a 13 year old has the maturity or correct attitude to staff this server to the correct standards.

13 Yo's along with the fellow staff, I don't believe you can have maturity
Also got no idea who you are

13 Yo's along with the fellow staff, I don't believe you can have maturity
Also got no idea who you are
too bad i got a life instead of playing gmod 24/7

Last edited:
Why am I supposed to use grammar when I'm not even staff yet? Didn't know that's a requirement.

Jon

This is the prime example of why you shouldn't be staff in Riverside Roleplay, Riverside has high standards for staff which are, not being argumentative, not being disrespectful, as well as far more, you showed that you are not mature enough to handle the position of staff on riverside roleplay, however thank you for applying, may this staff application be a valuable experience for you.

john fries

-1, It looks to me like you only joined the server today. I've seen you break multiple rules in the past 2 hours. Although I don't agree with the other staff saying that 13 is too young, there is no requirement and there are some people that are amazing at their job at that age, but you have shown a clear reason why they say that. You have made fun of one of our staff members in your staff app, and your replies genuinely don't make all too much sense. I suggest you learn some of the rules over the next few weeks and better your reputation with the community.

-1 i do not believe that you are mature enough to be on the staff team considering the reply to one of our staff members comments, over the last day you have also received a warning which shows you have no regard to the rules, you have also failed to advert when raiding the bank which shows that you don't know the rules.

NHS Head Paramedic [First Responder Supervisor]
PD Trial Superintendent

Last edited:
-1 MY Only interactions with this man have been with him breaking rules or not knowing rules,onto of this i have only seen yhis man today, and never before i dont think hes well known enough to joiin staff yet and i dont think hes read the rules enough to be a member of staff

-1 i have Barely seen this man online, I am always on NHS and have recenntly witnesed him rob a bank without adverting and getting Warned, in my opinion not staff material just yet but may be hope in the future if you keep playing and maintain a decent reputaltion in this server.

I haven't been on for hours, I haven't robbed a bank. there is a different person with the name "gman" too. (Sorry if this sounds disrespectful/rude.)

This is the prime example of why you shouldn't be staff in Riverside Roleplay, Riverside has high standards for staff which are, not being argumentative, not being disrespectful, as well as far more, you showed that you are not mature enough to handle the position of staff on riverside roleplay, however thank you for applying, may this staff application be a valuable experience for you.
I understand now. I will be respectful and less argumentative from now on. Thank you for the tip.

-1 MY Only interactions with this man have been with him breaking rules or not knowing rules,onto of this i have only seen yhis man today, and never before i dont think hes well known enough to joiin staff yet and i dont think hes read the rules enough to be a member of staff
I haven't been on for hours, and there is a different person with the name "gman" too. (Sorry if this sounds disrespectful/rude.)

-1 i do not believe that you are mature enough to be on the staff team considering the reply to one of our staff members comments, over the last day you have also received a warning which shows you have no regard to the rules, you have also failed to advert when raiding the bank which shows that you don't know the rules.

NHS Head Paramedic [First Responder Supervisor]
PD Trial Superintendent
I haven't been on for hours, and there is a different person with the name "gman" too. (Sorry if this sounds disrespectful/rude.)

-1, It looks to me like you only joined the server today. I've seen you break multiple rules in the past 2 hours. Although I don't agree with the other staff saying that 13 is too young, there is no requirement and there are some people that are amazing at their job at that age, but you have shown a clear reason why they say that. You have made fun of one of our staff members in your staff app, and your replies genuinely don't make all too much sense. I suggest you learn some of the rules over the next few weeks and better your reputation with the community.
I agree with you. I am supposed to be respectful and cant be rude/argumentive. I have understood this and will now be better and more respectful. Also, I haven't been on for hours, and there is a different person with the name "gman" too. (Sorry if this sounds disrespectful/rude.)

john fries

I agree with you. I am supposed to be respectful and cant be rude/argumentive. I have understood this and will now be better and more respectful. Also, I haven't been on for hours, and there is a different person with the name "gman" too. (Sorry if this sounds disrespectful/rude.)
Apologies if I have got the wrong person. Had the same profile picture. The rest of my reply still stands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom