Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied harlz staff app v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
-

Do not advertise your application in any way! This includes sending the application to members of the community and/or staff and sending links in the server chat.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? harlz
1.2 How old are you? 16
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? around 4 months now
1.5 Are you fluent in English? yes
1.6 What is your SteamID?
1.7 What is your Discord? Harlz#4409
1.8 References (if any)? none

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
example 1: RDM more known as random death match say if a citizen is walking down the street and a hitman randomly snipes him without having a hit that could be known as rdm.
example 2: a citizen buys a gun of a gun dealer and just shoots him that is rdm

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: NLR known as new life rule (you can not return or partake in the same activity you was doing for 5 minutes
example 1: somebody does a pd raid and they die and return and start doing the raid again that is breaking nlr
example 2: you get killed by a police officer because you had a weapon out and you return and try to kill him that is breaking nlr

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
example 1: somebody is being mugged by 2+people and he runs away that is breaking fear rp
example 2: somebody is being kidnapped and they are out numbered and they pull a weapon out and kill the kidnappers

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: homophobia is if you dislike somebody for there sexuality
example 1: if you randomly walk past a player (who is part of lgbtq community) and you call them a gay cun*
example 2: if a player is just walking around saying they hate the lgbtq+ community that is homophobia

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: racism is if your discriminating somebody for there race, ethicity etc
example 1: if a player walks up to another player(who is black) and starts screaming the n word that is racism
example 2: a asian person joins the server and another player walks up to him/her and says u dont belong in this server you eat dogs go back to your own country is racist!

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? i would bring them both i would bring them both to a sit asked what happened i would let William and Joe explain both sides of the story then i would check logs if william did advert he is still not allowed to steal nhs vehicles i would tell him to read over the rules with !motd if he did not advert he would be receiving a warn for fta/crimes against nhs and i would jail him so he could read the rules.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring them both to a sit get both sides of the story then i would check logs to see if William did advert if he did then i would tell joe when people advert pd raid they are allowed to open fire on anyone who enters the building and would tell joe to look over the rules with !motd. However if he did not advert pd raid he would receive a ban for mass rdm.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would bring them both to a sit and i would check if the base was built on the sidewalk if the base is on the pavement i would tell Joe that he can not build on the pavement i would explain he can do it as a hobo but not a drug dealer. Then i would check logs to see if William did advert or not if he did advert i would explain to Joe that that is allowed and he is allowed to raid you if he adverts however if he did not advert he would be receiving a warn for fta(failed to advert) and i would check logs again to see if William did come back after he got killed by Joe if he did return straight after he died he would be receiving a warn for breaking nlr (breaking new life rule)

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would first bring them to a sit get both sides with what happened if the advert was before the meeting started i would explain to William that it was before the meeting started and that is allowed however if Joe did not advert bombing he would be receiving a ban for mrdm (mass random death match)

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
i think i would be a good fit for the staff team and i am a fast learner i am always there when you need me and i will always help and i love being on the riverside server i think i would be good for the staff team now that i have matured and i dont minge around anymore and my behaviour has improved i think i deserve a chance to be staff!

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would possibly get another staff member into the sit with me or i would freeze one of the players and get both sides one by one

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
i do not have any experience being staff but i am more than happy to learn

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
I am a good listener, i always help, i will not let you down.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: Sometimes i can get overwhelmed when there is allot of shouting happening at once, i can mess around sometimes, i can not be on the server sometimes for a few hours i will improve that

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to be a staff member because i want to help out and i want to make my play time more enjoyable and i have changed with my attitude towards people i can still mess around at times but not as much as i used to.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
i do not

Have you received any help when creating this application? i have not no
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? yes

Last edited:
+1
Pros
- Has grown a lot since he started.
- Very fun when I interact with him
- Doesn't minge on purpose anymore
- Kind guy to hang around with!

Cons
- Some people may not like how you started playing Riverside as a Minge, but how much you have gotten better should change that.
- Please add more Detail and Layout to your Application. (Your allowed to edit your APP)

Would love you on the staff team!

Last edited:
+1
Did start as a minge but has recently grown and I don't see him breaking any rules. He shows great professionalism while on NHS and i believe he will make a good staff member.​

Don't believe Harlz would make a good member of staff due to most of what I see from him.

- Previously banned for Homophobia which, no matter if you know or don't know the rules of the server, shows you do not treat people the same based on certain attributes.
- Banned for ARDM in a sit (appealed but still did it).
- Warned numerous times for various reasons.
- Minging till this day or till recently (for what he was blacklisted first for 15 days (tazer abuse, handcuff abuse) and afterwards 2-3 months (from memory, for general mingery whilst on duty) from PD a week and a half ago.)

+/- 0
From all that, only good thing I saw from him is that he is composed and calm in most serious situations. Thought that doesn't really outweigh his record on the server.

Don't believe Harlz would make a good member of staff due to most of what I see from him.

- Previously banned for Homophobia which, no matter if you know or don't know the rules of the server, shows you do not treat people the same based on certain attributes.
- Banned for ARDM in a sit (appealed but still did it).
- Warned numerous times for various reasons.
- Minging till this day or till recently (for what he was blacklisted first for 15 days (tazer abuse, handcuff abuse) and afterwards 2-3 months (from memory, for general mingery whilst on duty) from PD a week and a half ago.)

+/- 0
From all that, only good thing I saw from him is that he is composed and calm in most serious situations. Thought that doesn't really outweigh his record on the server.
i havent had a warn in 2 weeks mate and the reason i got taken off pd has nothing to do with you because im back on it now!
and the ban for homophobia was months ago n it got accepted!

Ohm

+1
Activity is really great, your behaviour has improved and i feel like you deserve a chance.

neutral but leaning towards the +1 Warn record and behaviour towards players is the only negative thing. Staff app was great clear understanding of the rules. Harlz if you do get staff a tip from me would be if you get mad at some1 do not react walk away. I learned that the hard way good luck mate.

i havent had a warn in 2 weeks mate and the reason i got taken off pd has nothing to do with you because im back on it now!
and the ban for homophobia was months ago n it got accepted!
I'll do a bullet point for you so I don't make an essay:
  1. You were last warned on the 28th of October (5 days ago) for RDM.
  2. Overall, you have 43 unique warnings (according to the punishments channel) and I'm not including the number of rules broken in each warning.
  3. You were banned for homophobia instead of muted. Your ban appeal was accepted, but that doesn't mean you didn't do that and that the action didn't break server rules. You just weren't warned after being unbanned.
  4. You do not have the ability to, as any regular person, conclude that trying to kill somebody in an admin sit would be considered ARDM (even if they're godded).
  5. You were blacklisted from PD numerous times, not just the ones I mentioned. Most recently, you were blacklisted for abusing PD tools and putting people into bushes with cuffs (making them stuck). You somehow successfully appealed that, however, a day or two later you were blacklisted for 2-3 months for general incompetence, mingery, etc... alongside a note that "You keep saying you will try to be better and won't do it again".

Overall, you can conclude from this what I'm trying to say. The only positive attribute you have is that you are chill and remain cool when someone is accusing you of something (at least from what I've seen). However, that is not enough to ignore your entire record on this server.

EDIT: Looking at it, you get a new warning every other day. 22nd, 25th, 26th, 28th (2x).

I'll do a bullet point for you so I don't make an essay:
  1. You were last warned on the 28th of October (5 days ago) for RDM.
  2. Overall, you have 43 unique warnings (according to the punishments channel) and I'm not including the number of rules broken in each warning.
  3. You were banned for homophobia instead of muted. Your ban appeal was accepted, but that doesn't mean you didn't do that and that the action didn't break server rules. You just weren't warned after being unbanned.
  4. You do not have the ability to, as any regular person, conclude that trying to kill somebody in an admin sit would be considered ARDM (even if they're godded).
  5. You were blacklisted from PD numerous times, not just the ones I mentioned. Most recently, you were blacklisted for abusing PD tools and putting people into bushes with cuffs (making them stuck). You somehow successfully appealed that, however, a day or two later you were blacklisted for 2-3 months for general incompetence, mingery, etc... alongside a note that "You keep saying you will try to be better and won't do it again".

Overall, you can conclude from this what I'm trying to say. The only positive attribute you have is that you are chill and remain cool when someone is accusing you of something (at least from what I've seen). However, that is not enough to ignore your entire record on this server.

EDIT: Looking at it, you get a new warning every other day. 22nd, 25th, 26th, 28th (2x).
yeah ive matured since then i do not minge about as much anymore

Last edited:
+1
Does minge but has recently grown out of it and I don't see him breaking any rules. He shows great professionalism while on NHS and i believe he will make a good staff member.​

Operations Manager - NHS
Moderator - Staff

Lance Corporal - SCO19
CI - PD

+1
This is christmas hobo

I believe That harlz Can mess around quite a lot but he's alot of fun to talk to and RP with I think Harlz deserves to Be Staff!

+1 Harlz is a good guy and I believe he could make a great staff member

JSR

+1

Great guy, like ohm said your behaviour has improved. Deserves a chance.

+1
Harlz is a very funny character as everyone knows, ever since i have met harlz he's been an overall extremely iconic player to riverside, after seeing you get a tfs warning i have seen improvement in your attitude and behavior. Seeing you go from 1 warn a day to now not having a single warn in one month is very impressive. I think you would suit the staff team with abit of discipline.

+1
Harlz may have had a bumpy start to the server to say the least, but from what I've seen of Harlz recently, along with what I've been told he's made a massive improvement in his maturity and is very well liked within the community. He's tried hard in PD and NHS and managed to overcome his previous blacklist in PD and gotten himself up to Trial-Superintendent and Supervisor in NHS.
I think Harlz receiving his TFS notice has really woke up a new side of him, and most certainly a better side and I truly believe he deserves a chance to really prove himself and become staff.

+1 had some nice interactions with harlz and is quite nice of a guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom