Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied haterytx staff app

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.1: What is your in-game name? haterytx
1.2: How old are you? 17
1.3: Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? Started playing in 2022
1.5: Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6: What is your SteamID? STEAM_1:0:628242221
1.7: What is your Discord? petersons15
1.8: References (if any)? None

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM (Random Death Match) is the act of killing a player without a valid reason.
Example 1: Alexander kills Robert for making unfunny joke.
Example 2: Mozzie kills Mo because he felt like doing it.

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples:
Metagaming is using Out of Character information to gain advantage in roleplaying.
Example 1: A thief had mugged a Judge and adverted "Mug drop 3k or die". Moreover, the Police officer used the advert to obtain information and arrested the thief.
Example 2: Jerry has told his friend Thomas in OOC to come over at Jerry's base at Leslie to sell him illegal weapons. Moreover, SCO-19 used that information to arrest Jerry for selling illegal weapons.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is when a player neglects their life and refuses to comply with orders despite being outnumbered by two or more armed opponents.
Example 1: SCO-19 outnumbered an armed thief for attempted a kidnap and demanded him to surrender. Despite being outnumbered, the thief pulls out his weapon and started shooting at SCO-19.
Example 2: A thief attempted to mug a citizen. However, SCO-19 discovered about the situation quickly and went to him and outnumbered him but the thief refused to surrender and began shooting at SCO-19.

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples:
Cop baiting is the act of someone purposely violating the law in front of the cops in an attempt to start a chase or gunfight.
Example 1: A citizen is intentionally crashing into a cop vehicle only for the purpose to get in a pursuit.
Example 2: A citizen is intentionally performing burnouts outside PD for the purpose of grabbing the cops attention.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples:
Discrimination is when someone is treated poorly or is judged entirely different simply because of their race, gender, or ethnicity.
Example 1: A gang owner had refused to invite a user into the gang simply due to their gender being a female.
Example 2: A PD Inspector had kicked out Jerry from the tryout after finding out Jerry is from a certain ethnicity.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
The begin with, I would bring both users into a staff sit and get both sides of the story. I would then explain to Dave that committing crimes against NHS is against the server rules, and I would take a quick look at Dave's history if he is a new player to the server or not, if he is I would let him off with a verbal warning and provide him with the server rules link to read them, if not I would warn him for Crimes Against NHS. For Tom, I would inform him that Dave did advert a carjack, however, his advert is not valid since it's against the server rules. Lastly, I would return both users to their previous locations and end the sit.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
To begin with, I would bring both users into a staff sit and get both sides of the story. I would start off by William by checking through the logs to see if he had a hit on Joe, and for the three killed other people. If William had a hit on Joe, then I would explain to Joe that he indeed had a hit on him, and he would be free to go, however, if not, I would hand out the necessary punishment to William. And for the three other people killed, I would check through logs and see if he had hits on them or not, if he had he would also be free to go and no punishment will be issued, but if he did not have hits then I would issue the appropriate punishment to William, and end the sit.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
To begin with, I would bring both users into a staff sit and get both sides of the story. I would start off by informing James that he is not allowed to base on the sidewalks as a Gun dealer, and it is against the server rules. And I would inform him to base at an appropriate areas for basing. I would then issue a warn to James for basing on the sidewalk, and warn him for RDM. For the 4 other people I would go through one by one and get their side and if I find out James is just killing people for no valid reason, then he would be banned for MassRDM.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
To begin with, I would bring both users into a staff sit and get both sides of the story. I would start off by Bobby, I would inform him that making major crimes is against the server rules when there's a PD meeting as the Commander Harry adverted "PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. I would then take a quick look at Bobby's history and see if he's a new player or not, if he's new I would explain the rules to him and provide him with a link of the server rules to read them, however, if Bobby is not a new player I would issue a warn to bobby for that, and end the sit.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? You should choose me over other applicants because I have the passion for being the next Riverside Staff Member, I believe I can be a valuable asset to the staff team, I have experience being a staff member on multiple Game-modes, I am a problem solver, fast learner, and have the necessary skills and qualities required to become a staff member.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do? I would ask a higher member of staff available for assistance with the situation.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? Yes, in a variety of game modes including PoliceRP, DarkRP, and Military RP.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: Activity, Honesty, good understanding of the rules.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: School, busy on certain days, sometimes having people in my background.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? I want to become a staff member because I want to help moderate the server and keep it organized. I also want to be able to help new members feel welcome and help them get settled in. I would like to help people have an enjoyable experience free of distributions.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? None.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes.

+1, Great guy.
love this dude, I know he would be honest in all admin sits, I know he would be unbiased and take care of my sit in a proper manner, Just a great guy in general.

Benny

Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
Neutral

I haven't seen you around much, which isn't quite enough for me to vote for you just yet. That's why I've made this choice, sorry!
However, your application looks good (y)

Good luck!

Kind regards,
Benny

Burketon

Senior-Moderator
Staff Member
Seen you twice in game within the last few days. Both times have unfortunately been a negative interaction. At this time I dont think you would fit in well to the staff team. Take some time, be more active and improve your reputation mate

Kindly
Burketon

flx

Junior Moderator
Staff Member
Neutral

Not had enough interactions with you to give a +1 or a -1

Mozzie

Mozzie
Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
Neutral

I don't seem to remember having any interactions with you and I think I've seen you on the server a bit. But your application does look good, well done. Think you would be a good staff member.

Sky1ine

Staff Supervisor
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Forums Assistant
Staff Management
Staff Member
Denied

Please try and improve your reputation on the server before reapplying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom