Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Hondo Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Hondo
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
I joined back before the shutdown and played quite a lot. I rejoined yesterday, I don't know if this counts, I'm sorry if it doesn't.
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes, i have been speaking it for several years and I ace all my English classes (I can even prove it if needed)
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:588353886
1.7 References (if any)?
Stazi

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
The term "RDM" stands for random deathmatch, which means that you kill someone without a valid RP reasons. Valid RP reason to kill a person can be things such as them breaking into your home, them shooting you or civilians if you are government.

Example 1: Jerry just spawned in as his custom class, he goes out of spawn and kills Daniel with his AR-15 for no valid RP reason, which is RDM.
Example 2: Micheal started getting really annoyed at a gang, and started shooting them out of rage. He kills one gang member, making it RDM.
Example 2.1: Micheal continues shooting and kills most of the gang. Around 5-6 people have been killed for no reason by Micheal. Micheal has just commited MRDM (Mass Random Deathmatch) and shall be banned.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

The term "NLR" stands for new life rule. The rule is there to prevent people returning to the same RP situation, or to the same location within 5 minutes.

Example 1: Chris gets into a police pursuit, once the suspect's car was disabled, Chris went to detain the suspect. Once the suspect was in cuffs, his friends counter arrest him and kill Chris. A massive shootout breaks out, and Chris returns to the situation shortly after respawning and continues to RP. NLR has been broken because Chris returned to the same RP situation after being killed.
Example 2: Frank responds to a BP gas station robbery, he dies and returns within 5 minutes to take his partner's car back. He has broken NLR by returning to the same location after dying within 5 minutes, potentially even disturbing RP at that moment.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

The term "FearRP" stands for Fear Roleplay, and means that when you are outnumbered by armed people, you should follow their orders within reasoning.

Example 1: Dwayne is walking down the street when 3 armed people try kidnap him at gunpoint. However Dwayne runs away as fast as he can, he just broke FearRP.
Example 2: James is a hostage and in the middle of a hostage situation. While having 2 armed people pointing guns at him, James escapes from the area and runs to safety. James has broken FearRP.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:

Homophobia means that you do not like / have something against people of the LGBTQIA+ Community.

Example 1: Jason found out that Stellar is homosexual, Jason then proceeds to bully Stellar. He has just been really homophobic and should be punished accordingly.
Example 2: Richard is spamming "Kill all gays" in OOC chat, which is highly homophobic, a punishment should be issued immediately.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism means when someone dislikes someone based on their race or religion.

Example 1: Lucas starts picking on someone who has a skin of color, which is racist.

Example 2: Noah is making jokes about Muslims and 9/11, stating that all Muslims are suicide bombers and that they should all be executed. This is extremely racist and not something to joke about at all.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Answer:
I would first of all bring Joe to get the full story and video evidence, after reviewing the evidence I would bring William and get his side of the story. If Joe did not have any video evidence, I would check the logs and see if William picklocked a NHS vehicle without adverting.
Punishment: If William is new to the server I would tell him that he has to advert carjack and that he cannot steal NHS vehicles, jail him and make him read the rules. Next time I would issue a warning. If he is not new however I would warn him for FTA + Stealing NHS vehicle.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Scenario 1: Assuming they were in the police department at the time of the incident, I would tell Joe that he was a victim of a PD raid and that William did not break any rules. (unless he is on wrong job)
Scenario 2: If the incident happened somewhere else other than the police department, such as bank, I would get his side of the story first, because maybe he just pressed the wrong bind. If he did I would give him a verbal warning and tell him that next time will be a warn for Invalid Advert. However if it was in the middle of the street, this would be pure MRDM and William should be banned.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joe's base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
First of all, Joe is in the wrong because he cannot base on the sidewalk. Only in non-government buildings that are from the map. I would tell him this and give a warning, because maybe his base was a Fail Base or it was stupidly unfair because of the advantages you get from a fully custom base with nothing blocking it. Then I would warn William for FTA and NLR since he did not advert, and he came back to the situation. I would also compensate Joe for the money he lost on the drug equipment, out of my own pocket and just to be friendly.
2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would warn Joe for for doing a major crime when it is not allowed. And inform him that when "No major crimes" is adverted by someone hosting a meeting, training or similar, that he cannot commit any major crimes until the event is finished.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

You should pick me over other applicants because I am a very nice person, that does not judge anyone whatsoever. I have a clear understanding of the rules, mostly because I am not afraid to ask questions such as "Is this allowed or no". I am really active in game, on the discords and on the forums, with nothing but positivity. I am not perfect, if I make any mistakes I will own up to it and take any punishment with nothing but utter respect and be understanding. I usually make the people around me laugh and be happy and I'm really glad to be like I am.
3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
My first option would be checking the Staff Handbook and the server rules, if it does not help me I would ask any staff online, and if that still doesn't resolve my situation I would ask in the discord staff chat / vc. Another option would be searching thru the discords (with CTRL+F) and see if anyone else had my situation or something similar before.
3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

Yes I have been almost every common staff rank on discord servers. I have been owner and moderator of a few minecraft servers. On Gmod I dont have any staff experience and I am willing to learn what I do not know.
3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

1 I can control myself extremely well, no matter what people say or do I will not answer back in a negative way, which makes them less negative and makes the server greater overall.
2 I have a lot to teach others, from small things like rule explanations to a full on guide on how to be a police officer on Riverside.
3 I'm really active, online every day for most of the day. I will be able to take any sits, answer any questions on the forums or discord, and help others almost instantly, even in the early mornings and late nights where most if not all staff are offline or AFK. Also I speak 4 languages (English, Norwegian, German and Lithuanian) which isn't much but people that speak those languages find it really cool to bond or speak with someone in their own language, which does increase activity because they made a new friend.
3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
1 My accent can sometimes be a bit hard to understand, it doesn't happen often. Just ask me to repeat if you didn't understand.
2 Dealing with people who are not patient get on my nerves sometimes and it's not really fun to deal with them.
3 Minges. They ruin everyone's RP experience by breaking small rules they clearly know were in place. Most of the time it takes a couple complaints and sits about them to get them cooldown banned, but by that time mostly everyone has been affected by their trolling, and that's exactly what they want.
3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to become Staff on Riverside because I know I will reduce the time to get responses from sits. I really like helping people and will do so as much as I can, as I said I'm active a lot and can really control the server, by taking sits and being visible to the people that staff is on duty and that they shouldn't try to ruin someone's RP in the early mornings and late nights where rule breaks happen the most. Finally, I believe I could have a positive impact on the server's reputation and players. So people say to themselves "Riverside is such a positive community, all their members roleplay fairly with almost no rule breaks, and they are really kind!"

Have you received any help when creating this application?

No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes

Seen you for about a week
I understand, I know my staff app will probably get denied. However it says "Must have played riverside for at least 2 weeks" which I technically have before the server shutdown. I'm just a returning member after almost a year, and not much has changed other than the playerbase and some government changes.

-1, good app but I would wait a little longer and interact with more people so they can have better perspective of you.

-1, good app but I would wait a little longer and interact with more people so they can have better perspective of you.
Thanks for the response. I know what you mean.

For Leeroy: If you do decide to deny this application because the community hasn't had much interaction with me, could you possibly consider putting my application on hold instead?

Last edited:
+1, friendly member of the community and knows the rules well, good application and I think a chance in staff would benefit you well fella

parks

Support Manager
Management
Head-Admin
Staff Member
Thanks for the response. I know what you mean.

For Leeroy: If you do decide to deny this application because the community hasn't had much interaction with me, could you possibly consider putting my application on hold instead?
Hi, I'm parks the Staff Supervisor.
Unfortunately I will be denying this application. However, you may re apply in 5 days.
Please become more of a known player!

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom