Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Hyper Staff Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member(s) of staff: Hyper
Member(s) of staff's rank: Staff Supervisor, Staff Management, Event Manager, Management, Head admin (according to discord roles.)
Date of Incident: 09/03/2024
Information about the incident. Please include as much detail as possible: I was outside PD, playing as hobo king in the middle of constructing a large art piece for the city. Due to the scale of my construction being quite tall, and including a lot of precision tool and whatnot for precise alignment of pixels and data. During my time constructing the artpiece on public display, of which I needed to scale makeshift props that served as scaffolding.

Due to seeing staff members previously being allowed to NOCLIP while building whenever they needed some height and scale, I thought it would not be distruptive or unfair to use props as scaffolding to complete the artpiece. Yet, even after explaining the intents of my "propclimb", and obviously focused in the middle of a project as Hobo King, Hyper decided it best to just target me by making me fall from my scaffolding using his own physgun, and freezing me with his physgun when I fell, being demanded to remove everything I have been working on, or else. I complied, even having put over 20 to 30 minutes planning and outlining my construction.

I believe that this was an unjust use of administrative power, and that the intentions of being demanded to remove my project was out of spite rather than the wellbeing of the community.

Evidence on the incident:

Here you will see the progress which I was able to make on the construction, along with hyper overlooking me while in the progress of deleting my construction.fasdf
References to the original art piece being recreated are available upon request.

Attachments

• 20240309184052_1.jpg
    20240309184052_1.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 22

Speedy

Event Manager
Staff Supervisor
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
As you have clearly stated you was playing as a hobo king, while on this Job under the rules section: C Basing - Doors it states the following "Only Hobos are permitted to base elsewhere except for the road. When basing on the sidewalk, you must leave enough space for people to walk past without having to divert onto the road." From the moment i walked up to you i asked what you was doing, and you even stated in this forums post and in the clip that you was not Building a base, but "Art"

It clearly states in the server rules if you are a hobo you are allowed to make a Base on the side walk not pixel art. I will also pick at a comment you made "being demanded to remove everything I have been working on, or else." At no point was you Demanded you was asked to remove it and there was no such added information of "Or Else" so i would like you to not lie when making these types of reports.

If there genuinely was no pressure on having to remove my whole project, what would happen if I were to say no upon your request to remove it? Last I was aware, refusing to comply with staff members was worthy of considerable punishment as it is an indication of having no intent on taking things seriously.
If you think that it would not have lead to any further punishments if I were to completely refuse any and all of your requests, I too believe that would have been a lie.

Secondly, I was obviously not "building a base". If I were building a base, it would have been fairly clear with a building sign and other obvious pointers to my intentions.
According to General Rules A9, "Apply common sense where applicable.", It was of my assumption that it would also be punishable to build any artistic works or monuments (that disrupted nobody) if you were not on hobo. Every single player I've seen build on the street has the same thing told to them by any member of staff and have done so for as long as the server has been public.
This also includes building many kinds of other non-interfering contraptions away from roads that civilians can interact with, like gambling machines or plinko games and many more.

Dale

Community Manager
Staff Manager
Superadmin
Staff Member
Community Management
Whiplash.

I'm sure that you already know, and must understand that gambling machines are different from from massive pixel art structure you were attempting to construct.

Personally, I don't have a problem with artistic pieces. It's a bit like an 8 bit graffiti. But it was silly to obviously prop climb in order to do so. Also, whatever you were building was humongous.

Hyper is well within his rights to enforce the rules.

And although I might not have told you to remove it, I will refer you to the very bottom of the rule book where it makes clear that the highest ranked staff online has final say in these decisions.

Staff Report Denied

(Also likely going to change rules to help clarify this situation)

Gatesway

Community Owner
Community Management
I'd also like to consider location as a variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom