Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Jeffery Bakbar's Staff Application (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Jeffery Bakbar
1.2: How old are you?
1.3: Do you have a working microphone?
Yes
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside?
3 Weeks
1.5: Are you fluent in English?
Yes
1.6: What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:497336506
1.7: References (if any)?
REALSKENGMAN
&
LegalLee

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM (Random Death Match) is a situation where a player (Player1) kills another player (Player2) with no RP reason.
Example 1) Player1 is walking down the street after buying a D.Eagle from a Gun Dealer and spots Player2, Player1 approaches Player2 and shoots him without a warning or reason.
Example 2) Player2 has just bought a knife from the Riverside Store and is eager to show it off, they walk up to Player1 in spawn and begin stabbing Player1 simply because they wanted to test their knife. This is RDM because Spawn is a protected zone where no roleplay should be happening, and Player1 has done nothing to start a engagement with Player2.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR (New Life Rule) is a situation where once a person is dead and has respawned (not revived), they must stay away from their area of death and not get involved with any situations they had prior to dying within the past 5 minutes. However, this rule does not come into play if the player was subject of another rule break such as RDM in which admins will bring them back into the RP situation and allow them to continue where they were before they died.
Example 1) Player1 is raiding the PD, they have been shot dead by a SCO member and have respawned. Player1 cannot then return to that PD Raid as they have been killed in the fight and must go pick another RP Scenario to be involved in or start that is not a PD Raid. If he returns, he can be pulled by an admin and be warned for Breaking NLR.
Example 2) Player2 walks up to Player1 and adverts “Mugging Drop 5k or Die”, Player1 refuses and is killed, Player2 continues on down the street but after respawning, Player1 comes back and begins to shout abuse to Player2 for his actions. This is breaking NLR because Player1 must forget this event as they died and respawned, they will be pulled and warned for breaking this rule.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is a situation where one player who is unarmed is approached by armed players and forced to follow them due to being outnumbered by weapons (Guns VS Unarmed) and by players (2 VS 1). FearRP doesn’t come into effect if the target has a weapon out prior to being held at gunpoint.
Example 1) Player1 is walking, unarmed, down the road when two armed individuals (Players2 & 3) approach with guns drawn pointed at Player1. The armed players advert a kidnapping and tell Player1 to follow, if Player1 proceeds to pull out a gun and fight back this is classed as breaking FearRP as Player1 is outnumbered by people and weaponry.
Example 2) Player3 is currently being held hostage by Players1 & 2, Player 3 who being held under gunpoint pulls out their knife and proceeds to try and kill Player1 by stabbing them. This is also classed as breaking FearRP as the outnumbering personnel have weapons pointed at Player3 who in reality wouldn’t try to knife fight with 2 armed individuals.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is a term to describe a prejudice attitude against a collective people who are identified or believed to be homosexual, pansexual, bisexual, transgender.
Example 1) Player1 is perceived by Player2 to be a member of the LGTBQ+ community for an unknown reason, Player 2 intentionally follows Player1 around verbally abusing and harassing Player1 in numerous ways. This is homophobia as Player2 has a very prejudiced attitude towards members of the LGBTQ+ community and is openly harassing them by following them and shouting inappropriate and derogatory statements to them.
Example 2) Player2 is open about their involvement in the LGBTQ+ community, and is content in letting people know, Player1 has a prejudiced view against the LGBTQ+ community for unknown reasons and proceeds to hunt down Player2 eventually killing them and yelling numerous derogatory comments to Player2 about their sexuality/life choices.

2.5: What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is another derogatory form of harassment that can present in multiple different methods such as: Text Screen Abuse of the N Word, following a player who is known to be of a different race and calling them very offensive terms or intentionally killing certain players due to their skin colour.
Example 1) Player2 is playing on the suited citizen job with one of the black playermodels, Player1 is of a different race and has a strong distaste of people with Player2’s skin colour, when Player1 sees Player2, they immediately gun Player2 down and begin verbally harassing them calling them the N word and other derogatory terms. This is very clearly racism and discriminatory hatespeech which can warrant a ban.
Example 2) A player who is from Arabic descent is playing on the server and while playing Player2 approaches them and begins calling them derogatory terms such as terrorist and suicide bomber which clearly upsets the Arabic player and leads to them never rejoining. This is clearly racism as they are targeted for their race and can lead to bans.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would move to a spot where a sit could take place without interference from other players such as a staff room or sit spot where players cannot reach, then I would bring both players and listen to the story before explaining how the situation will be dealt with, If William is a newer member to the community with little to no playtime, I would give him a verbal warning as stealing a NHS member’s vehicle is considered as Crimes Against NHS before letting them go, however if William was a well known player with a longer playtime they would receive a warn from me using AWarn for Crimes Against NHS, then I would return William and try to help Joe find his ambulance and either delete it and respawn it or get it and fix it.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Firstly, I would move to a sit safe spot either admin room or a place where players cannot interfere. From there, I would question both players and check the bLogs to see if the PD Raid was announced by William, if not then I would warn him for FTA (Failure to Advertise) and then punish him for MRDM if he was a more experienced player. However, if the advert was made I would utilise bLogs render function to see where each other the kills took place and identify if all 6 kills were within the PD. After reviewing the evidence, I would explain the resolution and act on it by dismissing the case.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Like before, I would pull both members to a sit safe spot where players cannot interfere and begin to question both sides, my first action would be to speak to Joe about his building on the sidewalk and punish him according to playtime on the server either by a verbal warning or AWarn depending on if he had done it before, then I would speak to William and explain that what he did was RDM and Breaking NLR as well as FTA which can stack together to a possible ban and would proceed with the given punishment. For Joe, I would provide compensation given that his drugs were sold after a FailRaid and RDM.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would revive the dead officers and immediately pull both William and Joe away from everyone so that I could discuss with them the whole situation and see both sides. I would ask Joe for his reasons as to why he decided to Jihad Bomb the PD during a meeting where No Majors were adverted and decide based on his playtime and general attitude, if he was unaware of the advert I would speak to another staff on how to punish him either with a reduced sentence rather than the 5 weeks or give him 5 weeks depending on colleague opinion. If Joe was outright neglectful of the advert and decided to not follow it and just MRDM, he would be punished accordingly being given a ban for at minimum 5 weeks if not more due to the 10 kills.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I believe I should be given a chance as I have prior experience with staffing and even when friends are pulled into staff sits, no matter who they are they are treated as equals whether it be someone I like or someone I dislike, they receive the same treatment.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
If I was unaware of what to do in a situation, I would turn to my fellow staff and if they were not busy I would ask for their general opinion about the situation and review with them discussing all the details necessary before making a judgement.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
I have staffed on two previous servers over the past years.
The first server I staffed on was a Star Wars Clone Wars RP server in which I was the rank of Elite Administrator (equivalent to Senior Admin on Riverside) where I was given responsibility of overseeing the admins and ensuring their job was done correctly. In addition, I held smaller team roles that gave me additional different experience opportunities: I was one of the leading members of the Mentoring team where I would train the mentor staff and guide them on training the newer members of the staff team when they joined (going through handbooks and guiding them in difficult sits when they asked us for assistance), I also had a part in their Game Masters team (Event Planners) where I would help plan big serverwide events that would span from 15 minutes to whole day events on separate maps. I served with this server for 2 years before departing due to disagreements with the management.

The second server I staffed on was a SCP-RP server in which I held the role of Senior Admin (Directly equivalent to Senior Admin on Riverside). On this server, I was also used to maintain the admins and train them whenever their normal mentors were preoccupied. I usually gave insight to help the others with difficult decisions by giving unbiased views on both sides. I staffed with this server for a roughly 6 months before departing due to burning out of Garrys Mod.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
- I consider myself very active on the server being able to play a fair amount especially when other staff may be occupied with real life situations or not available ingame.

- My previous staffing history has given me extensive knowledge of admin systems such as bLogs, ULX and AWarn. Furthermore, when it comes to learning new systems I am happy to put time into learning any new systems to use for staffing.

- I personally believe I am extremely fair and unbiased, I will not take sits no matter who is on which side whether it be a friend or disliked person. I refrain from being corrupt and choosing favourites.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
- I have quite a few roles elsewhere on the server so I may not be available to be on SOD all day, which means sometimes I may not be available to always take sits but I will try.

- I sometimes may not be online due to personal issues that pertain to health but this is a rare circumstance.

- I sometimes may be viewed as too trusting and this can be used by some people as an advantage to win over staff by promising not to do it again and such.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I have a couple of reasons for why I wish to join staff:​
  1. When I join the server, there are times where no staff is on or they are busy dealing with real life situations leaving the server unattended and some people take advantage of this situation to break rules (RDM/MRDM).​
  2. Currently, when I see staff on, they seem to be spread thin trying to cope and deal with a lot of different situations which can lead to build up in sit times, this is not the fault of the staff as multiple situations can develop rapidly in a very small time window.​

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
No.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No, I have not.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
I do.​

+1 Good app, detailed nice points I can tell already and based on the previous experience I'm seeing Jeffrey would be a great addition to the Staff Team!
  • NCA CMDR
  • PD CMDR
  • SCO-19 CSUPT
  • PSD Officer
  • NHS HPMDC
  • Terrorist Chief
  • Head of Jihads
No.1 Bomber! No cappin

SENIOR MODERATOR

:ninja:

FORMER: (2021)

Former LM Boss
Former PD SUPT
Former NCA SUPT
Former NHS Supervisor

Former Terrorists Co-Leader

Arm

+++1

One of the best staff apps ive ever read well detailed

- Very chill fun and over all nice guy in game

- Understands the rules pritty good

- would be a good staff member

+1
I am going to +1 for the following reasons:
Jeff is a humble chill guy with a great attitude.
has great knowledge of the server.
mature enough.
Great Rep.
Would be a great fit for staffing.

Well done and please keep up the good attitude - Good Luck ⚜️Legal Lee⚜️

+1
Jeff is a nice guy with a good attitude
Knows the rules well too
Id say he is pretty fit for staff

And with that I say Goodluck!

PD Commander

SCO19 Lance Corporal
NCA Chief Inspector
Terrorist Lieutenant
LM T-Capo
NHS General Practitioner

+1 amazing guy knows rules and is very polite in game and knows the rules think he’s very fit for STAFF

Attachments

• 110093B6-A6D8-4F66-9882-AA6D6B5BAE43.jpeg
    110093B6-A6D8-4F66-9882-AA6D6B5BAE43.jpeg
    16.3 KB · Views: 2
+1
Very fun guy to play with
Let me bomb him at least 1000 times
Very good detail and great knowledge of rules
Very fit for staff

We need more like me thought I'm just the best

Status
Not open for further replies.