Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Jerloc's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Jerloc
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
Since 2018 but actively for about 2 1/2 years.
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:109904450
1.7 What is your Discord?
Jerloc#4057
1.8 References (if any)?
Hybrid
Crab
Lil Walter
Richard Hammond
Matos

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM or sort for Random Death Match is the act in which a player kills another player without any roleplay reason. This can also expand to MRDM which is short for Mass Random Death Match which is the result of killing multiple people without a valid reason.
Example 1: Junior was walking around the city whilst on duty and a hitman runs up to him and kills him. The hitman had no hit on Junior so then that means the Hitman had no roleplay reason to kill Junior.
Example 2: Richard Hammond was engaging in combat with a PM Assassination. Someone runs up to him mid-combat and kills Hammond. This person made no advert for assisting the PM Assassination or being involved in any way. Therefore making it RDM.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR also known as New Life Rule is a rule that is made that restricts players from returning to the area of death during a period of 5 minutes or returning to the same situation.
Example 1: SCO-19 has been raiding the Terrorist base for around a period of 20 minutes, during this time Raff was killed during this situation. Raff waits for 5 minutes and then returns to the situation and kills the Officers outside. This is still considered NLR due to him returning to the same situation that he died in.
Example 2: PD pulls over a car outside of spawn and the driver of the car jumps out of the car and starts shooting at the Officers. The officers kill the suspect and start preparing to leave, during this time the suspect has respawned and starts shooting the officers again. This is NLR as they returned within 5 minutes but can be seen as RDM/Revenge RDM

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is when a player is not valuing their life during a situation, for FearRP to apply the player needs to be unarmed and to be threatened with a firearm or severely out armed by multiple individuals.
Example 1: Matos is on duty as a Police Officer, he is sitting in his car on the side of the road. Multiple cars filled with Terrorists surround Matos and they jump out of their vehicles with Assault Rifles and aimed at Matos. Matos jumps out of his car and pulls out his firearm and begins shooting. This is FearRP due to Matos being unarmed at the time of the weapons being pulled and furthermore being outnumbered.
Example 2: There is an Active Shooter in the streets outside of Court House. SCO-19 responded as an ARV (1 vehicle filled with multiple officers), they see the Active Shooter and jumped out of the vehicle next to them. The Officers jump out of the car with their primary firearms out and aimed toward the suspect. Due to overwhelming forces, the suspect must comply with the Officers and surrender.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is when people make derogatory terms about a person's sexuality this can also fall under a person's gender identity.
Example 1: A New player joins the server and spams the word "F*ggot" in the Out of Character channel. The word used is a derogatory term made towards gay people which falls under homophobia.
Example 2: A player who is a lesbian plays the server and someone calls her a "D*ke" This is another example of a derogatory term but this one is aimed toward lesbians.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism is when someone makes a derogatory term regarding someone's race or about where they live or even religion.
Example 1: A player goes into the OOC channel and calls someone who is from the middle east a "P*ki". This is a racist term for people from the middle east.
Example 2: A Muslim player walks by the Police Station. The Officer, who knows the player's religion, says he wants to make sure the player doesn't have a b*mb because he is a Muslim. This a derogatory comment and stereotype that every Muslim is a terrorist which is considered racist.
Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS member's vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Joe's report that William failed to carjack isn't correct due to William adverting carjack but the issue at hand is that William has broken rule D11, carjacking an NHS vehicle is against server rules. I will ask what car William stole and check logs to see what he stole. It will show or he will tell me that he stole an NHS car. I will check him warns to see if William has been warned for this before, if so I would warn him but if not I would advise them to read MOTD and let them go.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would check logs to see if William did an advert PD raid, if he did not I would ban him for Mass RDM due to killing multiple people during this situation. If William did advert PD raid I will explain to Joe that all people within or near the PD are KOS and that William was allowed to do what he did.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joe's base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would first check logs to see if there was any advert at all but the issue with this sit is that Joe and William have both broken server rules but Joe has broken multiple and more serious rules.
William broke NLR and then proceeded to RDM Joe whereas Joe only built on the sidewalk whilst not on a Hobo job. William will be warned in this situation for NLR and Joe will be told about basing rules but not receive any warning.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
Due to the meeting, the commander announced all major crimes must not happen during the meeting due to server rules, a bombing is considered a major crime.I will check if Joe has any current warns for doing a major during a meeting if he does then Joe will be warned for Committing a major crime during a meeting but won't be warned or banned for killing 10 people.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
The reason, why I should be picked over other applicants, is that I have been playing this server for many years and due to that I have a great understanding of the server rules and can interrupt them to my best understanding and enforce them for the best of the player base. I have been a staff member across multiple different servers for multiple years and an expert mostly in running events for the community to enjoy, which I believe this server could benefit from.
I am the type of staff who will give a fair punishment through staff guidelines and hear each player out fairly. I have a deep understanding of Gmod ULX through by 5630 hours in this game, I will be able to dedicate more time to the server, so if you want an experienced player and a professional one then that is the reason I should be selected over other applicants.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
If there was a situation that I could not understand I would simply ask my mentor or a senior member of staff to assess the situation I have been dealing with. I would give them what I think and then ask them for their opinion. I will take on their opinion and use my judgment and a new understanding of the rules and issue a correct punishment.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, I have run my own server and with that along with multiple staff teams and event teams, and with that a lot of experience in ULX.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
-I can remain professional at all times and ensure my judgment is not clouded.
-Activity, I can have a good level of activity for my SOD time and have a more constant staff presence
-I can be very helpful to the player base.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
-Activity, you may wonder why I have put the activity here and strengths and that is because of my work schedule. I work mostly during peak hours meaning Thursday to Sunday I will be working and can only play early week.
-I will require some time to work with the log system which will affect my efficiency in staffing
-I have other dedications on the server which I need to focus on on top of staff but will ensure I get a good balance.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want to be staff to ensure that the rules are being forced to the best of my ability. I want to dedicate myself to the server more than I have already to better the average players' enjoyment can be maximized. Whilst in the staff team I would like to progress myself to the event team and up the ranks as much as possible. At the end of the day I want to do as much as possible to help the server.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
No

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom