Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Johnns App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Johnn
1.2 How old are you? 22
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes.
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Around a year
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes.
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:186369727
1.7 References (if any)? No.

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM or Random Death Match is when you kill a person for a reason that is not applicable to RP.

Example A:
Player A is walking down the street when Player B approaches and says "Screw you". Player A gets annoyed and kills Player B. This would be considered RDM as you cannot simply take someone's life if they call you a word, instead you contact staff.

Example B:
Player A is drifting around the road when Player B decides to pop his tires with a few bullets then kill him for "annoying him". This would be a situation considered RDM.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
New Life Rule it is when you either use information from your past life in your new life / after you've respawned or go to the same spot you died in immediately after respawn.

Example A:
Player A is raiding BP, Player B is a Gov and kills Player A, Player A then respawns and quickly makes his way back to BP without waiting NLR timer resulting in him breaking the New Life Rule.

Example B:
Player A is in PD when Player B calls a PD raid and kills Player A, Player A respawns and radios in that PD is being raided and goes back to shoot and kill Player B. This would be considered NLR as he used information from his previous life and returned to the position of death.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP or Fear RolePlayer, is when a player doesn't "fear" for their life within RP.

Example A:
Player A is running down the street when Player B and Player C approach him both holding guns telling him to drop X amount of money. Player A decides to continue running completely ignoring their commands. This would be considered FearRP as there are 2 people (Player A outnumbered) with guns, where in real life the person would follow their commands Player A did not.

Example B:
Player A and Player B are driving around, they jump out of their vehicle with their guns out and command Player C to put his hands up as he's being kidnapped, Player C pulls out his own weapon and starts shooting at Player A and Player B. This would also be FearRP

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is when a person is being rude/mean to another person because they are not Heterosexual.

Example A:
Player A is going to the car dealer when he suddenly gets mugged by Player B, Player A yells a Homophobic Slur at Player B.

Example B:
Player A decides to announce themselves as part of LGBT in OOC, Player B responds with saying that Player A is not welcomed in RiversideRP and he should leave as he is a part of LGBT. This is obviously homophobic as Player A is being targeted by Player B simply for his sexuality.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

Example A:
Player A
reports Player B for RDM, when the players are summoned by the staff member and Player B gets told he is being warned for RDM. Player B responds with a racial slur towards Player A for reporting him.

Example B:
Player A
asks Player B where he is from, Player B responds with saying he's from another country than Player A's, Player A proceeds to call him racial slurs resulting in an offended Player B.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring William to the sit, I would ask him about the situation get both sides then ask for evidence. If the evidence is sufficient and shows that William did in fact steal an NHS members vehicle I would proceed and check his previous warnings. If William appears to be rather new or has no past history with breaking server rules I would give him a verbal and direct him to the rules saying what he did is unacceptable as NHS are protected.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring both parties and ask for their sides. If I get mixed answers and a he said she said sort of situation I would ask for evidence. If evidence is provided the case would be resolved rather easily. If not, I would check if Joe was a GOV, if the 6 people killed by William were not GOV and in the area of the PD raid I would consult a more experienced staff member on the punishment. As it could be a ban for MRDM.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring both parties and ask for their sides. If I get mixed answers and a he said she said sort of situation I would ask for evidence. If evidence is provided the case would be resolved rather easily. If not, I would verbally warn Joe for building on the sidewalk as a non-hobo. If William damaged Joe while raiding and Joe killed him I would continue with the sit otherwise I would note a warn for Joe as the base wasn't valid invalidating the raid meaning that Joe killed William for no reason. I would then check Williams history if it's not clean I would warn him for NLR / RevengeRDM.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would consult a higher ranking / more experienced staff member before anything is done then proceed and if confirmed by the higher ranking staff ban Joe for MRDM as he killed 10 people during a official meeting.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I am active, determined and experienced with staffing.
I find great interest in being a staff member and believe I would be a great addition to the team.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would as said earlier consult another more experienced staff member and check the staff handbook before I do anything.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

1. Active / Good time management
I am always on and got a lot of spare time.
2. Experienced, easy to talk to.
I have staffed before and know how to de-escalate situations
3. Calm / Patient.
I am always patient with player to avoid pressuring / annoyance.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

1. I focus at 1 problem at a time.
2. I have minor dyslexia
3. I prefer double checking things rather than winging it, which might result in a lot of questions :p

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I want something that pushes my limits, something that I can use to help the server with.
I believe that I am a quick learner thus with some guidance and a little reading of the staff handbook I can achieve great lengths within the staff team. I want to become part of the team to further improve the server and make it more welcoming.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
Sadly not, I am not liked enough for that :ROFLMAO:
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yah.

-1 Is Not The best player to deal with high pressure situations and not mature.

-1 ego is too big. Could lead to problems with power being staff and stuff

+1 knows rules chill in-game in discord, polite and fit for staff

Denied, I do think that you have the potential to become staff material in the future, but for now, I'd like for you to wait and improve your general knowledge of the server as a whole. Thanks for applying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom