Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Marvs staff application

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Marv
1.2 How old are you?
1.3 Do you have a working microphone?
Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside?
3 months
1.5 Are you fluent in English?
Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID?
STEAM_0:1:185131459
1.7 What is your Discord?
blazeni
1.8 References (if any)?
Mr Awesome, Jonathan Steak

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM or Random Murder is when a player kills another player without a valid roleplay reason
- player comes up to another player and shoots them because they felt like it
- player is in a vehicle and runs over one or more people without them doing anything

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR or New Life Rule is in effect when a player dies. The player who died cannot go back to the place they died
- player dies and goes back to revenge kill the person who killed him
- player gets raided by someone, after spawning back they buy a gun and come kill the raiders

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP means that you must value your life in a realistic way

- If you are being kidnapped, you must not run away, but follow the kidnapper and do as they say
- You must do things you would do if that thing was happening to you in real life (You cant pull out a gun while aimed at and/or threatened under gunpoint)

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Discrimination based off a persons sexual preference
- A player is being called the F slur because they're gay
- A player is being harassed and/or targeted because they're gay

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Discrimination based off of someones skin color, religious belief or ethnicity
- A player is calling someone the N word
- An officer arrests someone because they're black

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would first take Joe away from RP (like on top of a building), then ask them to explain the situation. I would then check if William actually advert carjack. I would then check if William stole the NHS vehicle and bring him to the sit and explain to him that he cant steal or do crimes against NHS. If William has no warnings before this, i would let him off with a Verbal warning to not do it again, otherwise I would give him a warn

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
I would ask Joe if he was near the PD and where exactly, and would check what William adverted PD raid. if he didnt, i would ban him for massRDM. If he did advert it, i would to see if he said "KOS nearby" or anything similar of the sorts. If he didn't say it, I would give him a warning and I'd return anything Joe had lost (weapons, money, etc). If he did, I would tell Joe that he said anyone near the PD would be killed on sight, and unless they had anything to say, i would return them both

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would teleport William and Joe to somewhere out of RP and tell William about NLR, that he can't come back and kill him like that. id warn him and jail him because he was intentionally going back there to mess with Joe. I would ask Joe what he had before William killed him and give his items back to him.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would teleport Joe out of RP and tell him that what he did is a major crime and he can't do that. I would Jail him for a moderate amount of time and warn him, because PD meetings are often announced multiple times in chat

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
Although i have been warned a few times when i first joined because i just wanted to troll, the server grew on me and i stopped fucking around and actually tried enjoying the server. I feel like I can be a benefit to the server, as ive learned what is and isnt allowed. I might not have the same amount of experience as everyone else here, but i think this could be a learning experience.
I also pretty much exclusively play riverside, along with an SCP RP server sometimes, so ill mostly be on Riverside.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would ask a mentor or another staff member to help me with a situation, but i would try my best to resolve the situation by myself. I would also ask my mentor if what i did was the best option or if i couldve done something else.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Unfortunately not, but im looking to get experience from here

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
1. I'm often online and active
2. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm wrong and im open to learning new things
3. I'm very chill and understanding, i pretty much never lose my temper unless someones fucking with me intentionally (aka. targeting me or trolling me)

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
1. Im a slow learner, it may take me a while to get the hang of everything
2. I sometimes have trouble speaking because, despite me being fluent in English, its not my native language, and i can sometimes mumble and be hard to understand.
3. Im not super informed about GMod, so i may not know some things people may be referring to ( as an example, until around my first month on the server, i didnt know how to contact staff members), this leans into my weakness of being a slow learner

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I've often been on the server with either 0 online staff or AFK staff, and i would often find myself with rule breakers with no admin to do anything about it, and i want to be someone who is there to help any players who need help.
I want to help new players on the server. As someone who didnt know anything about the game, RP, or policeRP, i want to help new players understand how it all works
I also want to learn to be a staff member, as with no prior experience, i hope to gain some here.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
No, although i've never went to get diagnosed for anything

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No, just looked at some other submissions to know how this whole thing is supposed to look like
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes

Hey!!! My apologies, ive logged in with the wrong steam account!!!
Ignore the blazeni_isus account, that is my alt!! the account i currently play on is Marv, aka the one who's steamID i put in the post.
the reason i logged into this one is because this account (blazeni_isus) is MINE, while the one i play on is my brothers, which we both share, but i dont have the password for!!!

john fries

-1 I haven't ever seen you on could be me, but I really don't think it is. Looks like you put yourself as your reference due to your forum's amount, saying Mr Awesome might be wrong.

Neutral +1/-1
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I have no idea who you are, meaning I cannot make a comment on your reputation, who and how you are, and i also cannot comment on if you would be a good staff member; a word of advice would be to make yourself more engaged inside of the community so that we can recognise you. Because no staff member can really comment on if they know you.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Good Luck With Your Application - Legal Lee

Dale

Community Manager
Staff Manager
Superadmin
Staff Member
Community Management
I appreciate that my staff team have given constructive criticism since then I don't need to repeat anything. I have no doubts that you would make a good staff member but you do need to contribute to the community more before I can accept you.

Denied

Top Bottom