Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied More of a ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member(s) of staff: "Andrew Tate", "Emory Tate", "Luke Tate".
Member(s) of staff's rank: Unsure
Date of Incident: 16/3/23
Information about the incident. Please include as much detail as possible: I had hit a group of who I assume to be admins, whilst driving ingame. I had no idea that they were admins and had not known what VDMing was at the time. Believe me, I would not have done such a thing If I knew how looked-down on it was in the community, but due to my lack of understanding I did not know it was against the rules. I had seen people doing it all day on the server and assumed it was common practice on Gmod to do that to people, Me and my friends had all been VDM'd that day but I didnt know it was against the rules as people had been repetetively doing it to us. I also didn't know they they were moderators or what they were doing. The only real reason I went for them in the first place was because I recognised the black car as being owned by someone who'd been tormenting me constantly throughout the day and prior. You can see I was next to another black car in the beggining of the clip provided because I also thought that was said assailant. I was prompty teleported after I hit them, and they were already back in the same place I hit them. They promptly banned me without warning, or with me knowing what had happened. I'm not making this report because I believe they should be punished, I am making this report because I believe I should be unbanned. (The clip ends before I was brought over as my Gmod closed as I was banned.)
Evidence on the incident: (The clip could not be sent, I can send it to you in Discord Dm's instead)

Dale

Community Manager
Staff Manager
Superadmin
Staff Member
Community Management
I have asked Hybrid (who banned you) for his response. I hope this can be sorted as soon as possible.

Hi Polar,

Firstly I'd like to give some context to the situation that evening.
Myself and 3 other undercover NCA officers were conducting our business as police officers; At the time we were standing on the sidewalk arresting someone. You then proceeded to drive us all over.

The reason for the ban was simple, you intentionally ran us all over whilst we were standing on the side walk. This is MVDM. It clearly could not have been an accident.

Please keep in mind that just because you see others breaking the rules, it does not mean you can do the same. If you had any doubts about whether randomly driving over an innocent person on a police rp server was allowed- you should have called for staff to clarify.

Hi Polar,

Firstly I'd like to give some context to the situation that evening.
Myself and 3 other undercover NCA officers were conducting our business as police officers; At the time we were standing on the sidewalk arresting someone. You then proceeded to drive us all over.

The reason for the ban was simple, you intentionally ran us all over whilst we were standing on the side walk. This is MVDM. It clearly could not have been an accident.

Please keep in mind that just because you see others breaking the rules, it does not mean you can do the same. If you had any doubts about whether randomly driving over an innocent person on a police rp server was allowed- you should have called for staff to clarify.
I understand that I had driven you over, and I am not denying nor claiming it was an accident. I simply want to appeal my ban because I was unaware of the rule and I regret my actions. I will certainly not do any more MVDM after this, whether the next time I play being in 5 weeks or tomorrow. I thoroughly apologise for any inconvenience I may have cause by running you and the group over, and if there is anything I can do within reason to make it up to you I would be willing to do so. You were clearly not in the wrong in this situation, and you acted accordingly. I would just like to give a bit of context as to why I did what I did and possibly be forgiven. Thank you.

I understand that I had driven you over, and I am not denying nor claiming it was an accident. I simply want to appeal my ban because I was unaware of the rule and I regret my actions. I will certainly not do any more MVDM after this, whether the next time I play being in 5 weeks or tomorrow. I thoroughly apologise for any inconvenience I may have cause by running you and the group over, and if there is anything I can do within reason to make it up to you I would be willing to do so. You were clearly not in the wrong in this situation, and you acted accordingly. I would just like to give a bit of context as to why I did what I did and possibly be forgiven. Thank you.
Thank you for apologising, I understand your position and I'm happy to reduce your ban length accordingly. Please make sure to real all our server rules next time you join (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom