Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied ObamaCare's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? ObamaCare
1.2 How old are you? 15
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? I do not remember when I started playing Riverside but it was around 2 years ago.
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:501758558
1.7 References (if any)? Jordz

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: RDM is random deathmatch and is when someone creates a combat scenario with you, without a reason and kills you.

Example 1: A Gun Dealer walks out of spawn with a firearm and immediately shoots a Thief in the face without warning and without reason.

Example 2: A Police Officer is making his way to the Police Department to retrieve his firearms and vehicle, on the way there he is stabbed in the back by a Citizen with a bayonet. The Citizen’s reason was that he ‘Is a pig’.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples: New Life Rule means that each time you die or respawn you have to roleplay as if you were a new character meaning that you cannot remember any information and you cannot return to the same spot in which you were killed, if you were killed.

Example 1: A Thief is robbing the bank but is killed by a Police Officer, after respawning the Thief returns to the bank within 2 minutes and collects the bags. This is NLR because he should not have returned to the situation before the 5 minutes timer.

Example 2: A PCSO is wandering through the mall when he approaches two men in one of the stores owned by them, he spots drugs and is immediately killed. After respawning he calls over the radio about the drugs and requests the National Crime Agency to investigate and do a drug raid. This is NLR because he started a new life after he died and should not have remembered any of the information he got from before.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: Fear Roleplay is where as a person you must treat your life as if it is the only one you have, meaning you must be scared to die and cannot do anything and everything.

Example 1: After raiding the bank a Thief heads to the corrupt banker so that he can sell his bags, as he gets out of his car he is surrounded by 4 SCO19 officers, they all tell him to put his hands up and freeze. The Thief then pulls out a gun and attempts to kill the officers. This is FearRP because he should not attempt to kill so many officers as he would surely die. The rule states that if the person is outnumbered they must follow the demands, he was outnumbered and therefore broke the rule.

Example 2: A Hitman is headed towards the lighthouse when all of a sudden, a car pulls up next to him and 3 LM members hop out and kidnap him with their guns out. He does not follow their commands and goes up the lighthouse anyways despite the very high chance of him being killed.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples: Homophobia is the dislike or prejudice of homosexual people also referred to as gay people.

Example 1: A Citizen who has been messing around and killing a bunch of players starts spamming in chat saying ‘I hate the gays’. This is homophobia as he is generalising his hatred towards homosexual people instead of focusing on specific people that he may dislike.

Example 2: A new player goes on the Hitman job and from spawn up until the Police Department he is microphone spamming the words ‘Kill the Gays’. This is a very severe case of homophobia as it is a blatant attack on the homosexual movement.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples: Racism is the discrimination or antagonism by a party on the basis of either race or social status.

Example 1: A Suited Citizen goes to the Little Town church and puts up multiple prop swastikas and starts chanting ‘I hate all Jews’ this would be discrimination towards the Judaism community and is on the basis of how the Nazis acted over 75 years ago.

Example 2: A Bus Driver starts spamming the N-Word in chat and kills as many people in spawn as he possibly can for the reason of ‘They are black’.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has advertised carjack and stole an NHS member's vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advertise carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? First, I would claim his ticket and head towards a rooftop and teleport Joe to get his side of the story. Once I have a full account of what happened I then teleport from the rooftop over to William who is still in the stolen NHS vehicle which is FailRP on it’s own. I bring William back to the roof and explain to him that doing crimes against the National Health Service is against the rules; however, he did advertise the carjacking and therefore will not be warned for failure to advertise. I warn William for ‘Crimes against NHS’ and then return him, I then ask Joe if there is anything else I could help him with and if there isn’t I will return him as well and end the ticket.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he advertised PD Raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? For starters I look up in chat to check if he really did advertise PD Raid, if he did then I will tell Joe that the PD Raid is valid however, if he did not advertise the PD Raid then I will teleport to William and pause the roleplay at the Police Department so that it will prevent any future unnecessary drama. After doing that I would teleport William up to an empty rooftop and ask him why he is killing people in PD as it is MassRDM, if he gives a good reason such as he miss typed the advert then I will warn him for Failure to Advert and return him back to spawn. However, if there was no clear reason then the kills would be considered as MassRDM and I would ban him from the server.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joe's base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? I would start off by heading to a rooftop and teleporting Joe, I then get a full story from him so that I have a basis that I can then go off of. After checking logs I see that William returned to the situation in less than 5 minutes meaning that he broke NLR, however unless Joe has video evidence of his base being raided then it is just his word against William’s and I can not do anything about it. After seeing the base that is built on the sidewalk I inform Joe that it is FailRP for any job except from a Hobo to build a base on the sidewalk and I make sure he deletes the entire thing. To finish the situation I would warn William for NLR and return them both to their previous locations.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? In this situation I would respawn Joe and immediately teleport and freeze him on top of a building somewhere, I would explain to him that what he has done is MassRDM due to the PD meeting being in effect. When a PD meeting is happening you cannot do any major crimes as well as not being able to interrupt the Police Department Meeting which is stated in rule B9: ‘Do not interrupt staff sits, tryouts, trainings or meetings in any way.’ I would then ban the player for MassRDM if it was purposeful and he does not feel remorse, however if it was genuinely an accident that he did not see the PD Meeting advertisement then I will let him off with a warning instead of the ban.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants? I should be chosen over all other applicants because of a multitude of reasons such as: I am a very active player and am able to follow instructions well. I am good with rules and know most of them off by heart without interpretation from the forums.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle, what would you do? I would follow the Chain of Command and either ask for the person of next highest rank to help me deal with this situation or I would refer to any guidelines I may have at my disposal and follow them to the letter.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers? Yes, I have been in many staff positions on lots of different servers, big and small.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff: I am not biased at all and will punish those who require a punishment, I am a fast learner and often spot technicalities within rules which will benefit my judgment of different situations. I am good at communicating with other members of the staff team so that the cases don’t get muddled up.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff: I respond to situations quickly without awareness, I often skip straight to the point of arguments and I get frustrated by people who are too young to comprehend rules properly, that doesn’t mean every young person it just means those who aren’t smart enough yet to know what the rules entail.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member? I would like to be a staff member because I enjoy new experiences and find that no matter how repetitive a role may seem you always manage to learn something at the end of the day. I have been a staff member on PoliceRP a few times however, Riverside is very different to those servers and I would like to try my best and hopefully do well for both the staff team as well as the community.

Have you received any help when creating this application? No I did not.
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes, I do.

I am very new to this server only, I have only started playing this week. I have recently managed to join SCO. On my first day of SCO, Obama Care was very friendly towards me and was inviting. This was especially good seeing how he did not know me before. I feel like this will translate welll onto other new members of the community which is a great staff trait so +1

Judges me because of my age, mean to me because of my age. He calls me biased because he got found guilty in a PSD case that I took that was made from my friend because he thought that I took just because he is my friend (I took all the cases made that day). Likes to start arguments and is very problematic. He only just started playing RSRP. Doesn’t deserve staff at all.

You are active, however, you lack the basic respect and maturity to be a staff member. This comes from the fact you have mocked jer and crafty for their age several times, you also cannot take punishments well and have what i would nearly call outbursts when you are punished in PSD cases.

Azz

-1 I do like you and you are nice guy but in certain situations you are stubborn and immature and take things like a joke. If your roles on PD and SCO are taken more seriously then I will consider a plus.

I do not mock or make fun of Jer and Crafty because of their ages at all, I base my comments and thoughts of them based on their actions. For example with Jer and PSD, his good friend Alex made 3 PSD reports on SCO19 Officers in which he took all 3 and found all 3 guilty. He also took a PSD made by Alex on me literally 5 seconds after it was made which proves that Alex most likely told him to take the PSD and he followed what his "friend" said. Also Crafty reported me for homophobia however, he does not know what homophobia is and that was clear to me in the report that he made. As for my punishments in PSD, no one likes being punished in PSD but I am trying my best to make it back to where I was in SCO19 and I have recently become TSUPT in PD which shows my seriousness in regards to the governing departments.

Last edited:
I do not mock or make fun of Jer and Crafty because of their ages at all, I base my comments and thoughts of them based on their actions. For example with Jer and PSD, his good friend Alex made 3 PSD reports on SCO19 Officers in which he took all 3 and found all 3 guilty. He also took a PSD made by Alex on me literally 5 seconds after it was made which proves that Alex most likely told him to take the PSD and he followed what his "friend" said. Also Crafty reported me for homophobia however, he does not know what homophobia is and that was clear to me in the report I made. As for my punishments in PSD, no one likes being punished in PSD but I am trying my best to make it back to where I was in SCO19 and I have recently become TSUPT in PD which shows my seriousness in regards to the governing departments.
I took all cases that day, when a notification popped up and it was a case, I took it. It’s not biased if I take a case made by my friend. You just can’t accept the fact that you broke a rule and you got punished for it. The way you act when you get caught breaking the rules is not so good. Yesterday I was in a VC with you and you were getting mad because you got reported. You and jordz were arguing, you said that crafty should get demoted because of his age. You said “we can’t just not demote crafty because of his age”. I think you are just jealous because someone younger than you has a higher role. I suggested that you actually teach crafty instead of punishing him and you immediately denied it. You are very immature for someone older. You called crafty “gay” and said it was banter but in reality it wasn’t if crafty reported you. It’s not homophobic but it’s offensive or unprofessional of a SCO member. You don’t deserve the role of staff. You are very immature for someone who is way older. You don’t know how to handle situations and the way you react to reports against you is just disgusting.

I took all cases that day, when a notification popped up and it was a case, I took it. It’s not biased if I take a case made by my friend. You just can’t accept the fact that you broke a rule and you got punished for it. The way you act when you get caught breaking the rules is not so good. Yesterday I was in a VC with you and you were getting mad because you got reported. You and jordz were arguing, you said that crafty should get demoted because of his age. You said “we can’t just not demote crafty because of his age”. I think you are just jealous because someone younger than you has a higher role. I suggested that you actually teach crafty instead of punishing him and you immediately denied it. You are very immature for someone older. You called crafty “gay” and said it was banter but in reality it wasn’t if crafty reported you. It’s not homophobic but it’s offensive or unprofessional of a SCO member. You don’t deserve the role of staff. You are very immature for someone who is way older. You don’t know how to handle situations and the way you react to reports against you is just disgusting.
Okay this is not the place for you to take conversations out of context and put them here. A lot of what you are saying is untrue.

Denied, although this is a decent application, please try and improve your reputation in game before reapplying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom