Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Piers Morgan Staff App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Piers Morgan

1.2 How old are you? 22

1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes

1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? 2 weeks

1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes

1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:56018171

1.7 References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM – Random Death Match. Killing a Player for no reason.

Example A – Player James walks up to player Steven who is AFK and stabs him.

Example B – Player James adverts /bank raid and begins his assault when all off a sudden Player Steven (who is a Thief) appears and shots Player James until he is dead without adverting /counter.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

NLR - New Life Rule – Returning to your last situation/location after death

Example A – Player James kills Player Steven (a Police SGT) during a PD raid, Steven then respawns and instantly sprints back to the PD where he murders Player James.

Example B – Player Steven dies trying to raid Player James base, Steven respawns and instantly returns to his previous location to continue the raid

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP – A roleplaying concept that makes a Player fear for their Characters life when in a life threatening situation

Example A – Player James is walking down the Mall when all of a sudden player Steven and player Ryan approach him, both armed with AR-15s. They strip poor player James of comms and weapons with a advert, however Player James pulls out his knife and kills both Player Ryan and Steven

Example B – Player Steven is running towards Vauxhall garage when all of a sudden a bright green mini cooper filled with two armed thieves pulls up in front of him. They jump out the car and point both their shotguns at Player Steven and being to kidnap him and stirp his comms with and advert. They tell him to get in the car and he responds by pulling out his AK-47 and blowing up there bright green mini

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:

Homophobia – Homophobia is when you single someone out because of their sexual preferences.

Example A – Player Steven overhears player James discussing his sexuality with a friend, Player Steven then creates a text screen at spawn hurling homophobic language towards Player James

Example B – Player James is driving around in a Mercedes sprinter box truck hurling homophobic language at player on the street and spamming OOC with homophobic language

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

Racism – Racism is when you single someone out for their race.

Example A – Player James runs up to a PCSO Steven – who is black - and begins to shout racist language towards the color of the PCSO skin

Example B – Player Steven is called to a sit with Admin Josh who is black. Player Steven then begins to hurl racist comments towards Admin Josh.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would Teleport both William and Joe to a safe and quiet location, suitable for a sit – I will then check the logs to see if William did in fact advert carjack – If he didn’t I would the warn him – I would then return Joe so he counting his rp – I would then talk to William and explain that all NHS vehicles are exempt from carjacking and post a link in the chat for the rules – I would then check his previous warns – if he did have recent previous warns I would ban/kick him

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would Teleport both Joe and William to a safe and quiet location, suitable for a sit – I will ask if either have a clip or any evidence of the incident - I would check too see that William did in fact advert PD raid and if Joe is on a government job (Police, SCO19, NCA) I would then end the sit and tell Joe that as he was a Government Official William is allowed to kill him in a PD raid – but if Joe is a citizen I would then warn William for ARDM as Joe wasn’t killed – I will also check to see if the other 6 people William has killed are all government member – If not I would ban William for MRDM.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would Teleport both Joe and William to a safe and quiet location, suitable for a sit. Firstly I will tell Joe that Drug Dealers are not allowed to build on the sidewalks, the only job that can is a hobo - I would verbally warn him and ask Joe to remove his base – Secondly I would Tell William he cannot raid a base without advertising it – I would also explain that he broke NLR by returning to a previous situation after death - I would then warn William and explain to him what RDM and NLR is and that he cannot return to the location he died at for at least 5 minutes

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would Teleport Joe to a safe and quiet Location, suitable for a sit. Firstly, I would ask joe to explain in his words what had happened – Depending on his response and weather Commander William had advertise PD meeting just the once or multiple times in the chat – If the latter I w
ould then punish joe for MRDM

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I have several advantages over other applicants. Firstly, I am very mature person who simply loves Gmod. Secondly, I am very passionate about players having the best experiences and would love to be able to do something about the people who ruin the Gmod experience for everyone. Thirdly I would like to think I am well liked on the server, though I only discovered Riverside RP a couple of weeks ago I have been on multiple hours consistently every day. To conclude I think I should be chosen over other applicants because I am passionate about enabling everyone to have a pleasant Gmod experience and to filter out those rare few who ruin it for everyone.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

If I found myself a bit out of my depth I would reach out to a senior staff member either in game or on discord – as that’s what senior staff are there for

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

I have a long history on Gmod with over 3000 hours spanning over years. I have worked as a admin on a number of Dark RP servers such as UrbanGamers. I have also been a member of staff on a number of TTT servers and Prison break servers which taught me great transferable skills. I am looking to sink my teeth into a server where I can make a positive impact on the community as I have done in the past.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

• I have a great understanding of the rules of Dark RP and in particular Riverside, evident through receiving no bans or being brought to a single sit during my playtime on riverside
  • I am passionate about making a positive change in the Riverside Community and I will continue to be a very active member of the community
  • I am fair yet firm. I understand when someone genuinely made a mistake and depending on the circumstances will enforce a fair punishment

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

• I am prone to go AFK for an hour or two every now and then, but this is something I am striving to improve, and I can guarantee I will never go AFK whilst on duty and make sure I switch to citizen if I must AFK
  • I am not active every other Saturday as I go to the pub
  • Although I only have 2 weeks on this server during those 2 weeks I have been on virtually everyday and will continue to do so. I have played a lot of RP servers before so I don’t think this should be seen as a weakness overall

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

There are a number of reasons I want to become admin, to help player experience Gmod at its best, to help riverside grow as a community and to punish those who wish to ruin this experience

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?

N/A

Have you received any help when creating this application?

N/A

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?

Yes

+0;

You are an amazing dude who's active, however your application is lacking detail especially section C.

Neutral
A few of the questions are kinda lacking a bit of detail from what I can see and you could do with adding in some more in-depth details.

Good Luck! Godspeed.

• NCA T-SUPT
  • PD Chief Superintendent
  • SCO-19 Inspector
  • NHS General Practitioner
  • Terrorist Chief
  • Head of Jihads
No.1 Bomber! No cappin
:ninja:

FORMER: (2021)

Former LM Boss
Former PD SUPT
Former NCA SUPT
Former NHS Supervisor

Former Terrorists Co-Leader

Last edited:
Positive
Piers is such an amazing guy, he is very kind. He does not break rules at all and has a balance of maintaining professionalism and has a funny sense of humor. Although I have to point out his app has room for improvement. Goodluck lad.

+1
I hosted his tryout within Sco19 and he was extreme polite and professional whilst having a laugh . However it is clear that peirs is relatively new to the server and this could effect his understanding of the rules but his application hints that he does have a clear understanding of the rules

Denied, play the server a little more to further your understanding of the rules then you may reapply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom