Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Piers warn appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Piers
SteamID64: STEAM_0:0:56018171
Date of warning issue:03/12/23
Member of staff: revamp
Warning reason (screenshot):prop missue
Why should we remove the warning?: Hello, revamp tped to me and said I must remove my roadworks because im undercover as a roadworker. This is not a rule however he wasn't letting me get a word in sideways so I then switch to a full roadworker job and he said in OOC i had 10 seconds to remove all my props or i will be warned for prop misuse. He then said remove them or I will warn you for disobeying staff - all in OOC which i thought was very unprofessional. After this, he gives into the pressure of OOC and kicks me off the server even though he never mentioned he would kick and would be giving me another warn. Regarding the roadworks I was approached previously by an admin who asked me very kindly and professionally to precision the roadworks further into the floor which i did. I tried to explain this to revamp but he was having none of it and just kicked me without proper warning as well as what I think is a false warning for prop misuse as a admin literally tped me to every roadworks to precession it down. The roadworks have been tested and every car including the lowest cars in the game the enzo the Porsche gt3 and the volvo v60 can cross all roadworks with 0 damage. I spent hours making sure the roadworks abided bys erver rules and have worked with admins to make sure that it abdis by rules aswell as what they class as propmissue and I would have been happy to work with revamp to re-do the roadworks but he came across as very angry and unproffesional and didnt even give me a chance to edit the roadworks simply remove them all in 10 seconds or its prop misuse over OOC and i will be warned, and even then instead just kicked me and removed all my props to get his way. I have played this server alot the last 2 years and this is my first warn. I am normally very freidnly memebr and would have been happy to work with Revamp to either make my roadworks rule abiding according to his views like i have done 2-3 times wiht other admins on the exact same roadwork dupe or even decrease the number of roadworks, but he simply didnt give me the option or chance to which I think game down to anger and unproffesionalism. I also still dont know what was wrong with the roadblocks as I would be happy to edit it AGAIN to fit a admins needs however when i asked, where the props to high? where there to many roadworks? revamp said you cant build as a UC roadworker (which isnt a rule) or remove them all in 10 secounds or I will warn you for disboeying me, and then kicks me instead!
Thank you
Piers

Last edited:
Hello there Piers,

Sorry for the late response, there is a rule stating "all roadworks must be extremely sensible" and having over 20 speedbumps 1-2 metres apart is not sensible, in my opinion. The reason that you were kicked was because after trying to resolve the issue verbally with you, you did not remove them, hence, you were kicked for ignoring staff and in the meantime your props were removed. I do apologise for asking you to remove them in out of character chat but, as you were aware, many players were wanting them to be removed due to such inconvenience so I sent the message in out of character chat, which, I now understand was quite unprofessional of me.
If you have any further questions or queries please let me know.

Thanks,
ReVamp.

Hello there Piers,

Sorry for the late response, there is a rule stating "all roadworks must be extremely sensible" and having over 20 speedbumps 1-2 metres apart is not sensible, in my opinion. The reason that you were kicked was because after trying to resolve the issue verbally with you, you did not remove them, hence, you were kicked for ignoring staff and in the meantime your props were removed. I do apologise for asking you to remove them in out of character chat but, as you were aware, many players were wanting them to be removed due to such inconvenience so I sent the message in out of character chat, which, I now understand was quite unprofessional of me.
If you have any further questions or queries please let me know.

Thanks,
ReVamp.
Morning revamp

Thank you for your response. It has now been a number of days since the warning and I have had time to reflect on the situation. Firstly I agree with your statement that 20 speedbumps 1-2 meters apart is not sensible, I have now reduced and managed to remove over half the number of speedbumps from 20 1-2 meters apart to a max of 7 3-4 meters apart, I have also further drastically precisioned the bumps down following precise precision tool measurements given to me by the management team to ensure no damage are caused to vehicles as well as ensuring my roadworks only take up half of the intended street I am working on to abide by rule E3 'Roadworkers may only use half of the road they intend to work on.' which Kieran explained to me very well yesterday (yes this means all speedbumps can now be avoided!). I would have been happy to make these adjustments if you were able to tp to me and tell me this was the issue and the rule that I was breaking, however now having the chance to think back I believe me switching to full RW (as you told me i can't build whilst undercover) sent me to spawn before you explained to me 20 speedbumps 1-2 meters apart is not sensible so I thought the rule I was breaking was building as undercover rather than the props itself. We should have created a sit after I was sent to spawn rather than you messaging in OOC 'Delete your props in 10 seconds or you will be warned for disobeying staff' If a sit was created I'm sure you would have explained to me over the mic that I was breaking rule E3 and I would have been happy to advance dupe my roadworks, remove them and make all adjustments in singleplayer as I have done over the last couple of days with kieran and managment, however, you only tped to me and explained I can't build whilst undercover which isn't a rule and is why I quickly switched to a full RW job, therefore, I thought the warning was for building as a UC roadworker rather than breaking rule E3 as you told me I was breaking a different rule. I do still believe the warning was false as if you told me the correct rule when you tped to me, that I was breaking rule E3 rather than a false rule of building whilst UC as a RW I wouldn't have switched jobs to full RW and be sent away from you. I would have then worked with you to make sure I was abiding by rule E3 if you told me that is the rule I was breaking or alternatively made a sit or tped to me after I switched to Full RW to explain I was also breaking rule E3 instead of using OOC to threaten a warn for what i thought was bulding as UC RW; however, I wish to retract my previous statement of you acting in anger as I think you were only trying to improve the experience for everyone rather than being angry towards me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom