Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Proposed NHS Changes - 4"Mortar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since joining the NHS there have been some major issues I and a few others have noticed in the Riverside NHS
Written by Chi ef Paramedic (NHS HOD) 4"Mortar

Issues with NHS Currently:
  1. Realism within NHS Ranking structure.
  2. 35 Days only to get from the starting rank of JRPMDC (Junior Paramedic) to top HU rank of SUP (Supervisor), was 27 days before I changed it to what I believe is the maximum possible with current ranks.
  3. Surgeon job being irrelevant for the current climate of Riverside
  4. Need more job variety
  5. Need the incentive to play NHS
Realism within NHS Ranking Structure & Increased time from bottom to top (point 1)
Firstly I propose to switch up the rank structure within the NHS so there will both be more ranks as well as more realistic ranks in comparison with the real-life hierarchy of the NHS ranking structure. My proposed ranking structure combines roles and job titles from around Great Britain but the rank structure remains accurate to the best of my knowledge in regards to a regional body (I do not propose jobs that would head the organization as a whole).
I would like to replace/add the following jobs in the NHS ranking structure; EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) role will become the new probationary/first job in the NHS and JRPMDC (Junior Paramedic) will stay in the NHS as the first rank up, the next change would be GP (General Practitioner) would be changed to APP (Advanced Paramedic Practitioner) to keep all lower down jobs clear Paramedic roles. Moving into Higher Up roles; SUP (Supervisor) would be changed to LCON (Lead Consultant) as the rank after CON (Consultant) this is because the supervisor is a rank that doesn't even make much sense to me as supervisor is a very broad term especially when looking at NHS roles, so I chose to keep ranks as ambulance service roles specifically. An extra rank will be placed after LCON for more room to rank up and a reason to keep active within NHS as SECTM (Sector Manager) will be added as the last Higher Up rank of NHS. Lastly moving onto Higher Up Management I would replace DHPMDC (Deputy Head Paramedic) and HPMDC (Head Paramedic) with DEPDIR (Deputy Director of Ambulance Services) and NHSDIR (Director of Ambulance Services) respectively.

This I believe will help the feeling in NHS that there is not much room to move up as the difference between each rank is lacklustre where it doesn't feel like any progress is being achieved, the new ranks will create buffers to add more time in terms of moving up the ranks but also each rank will introduce a new role/responsibility to the individual and create a feeling of actually moving up the ranks. No matter the activity, doing the same thing on a Gmod server causes the individual to burn out and lose interest which I feel is a major problem within the NHS as all ranks feel the same, and Higher Up just means you can train people and that's pretty much it.

How I would go about the change would be as follows; All persons within the NHS will keep their rank respectively, JRPMDC will stay JRPMDC but newcomers will be placed as EMT, GP will be changed to APP, etc. This will just require a discord role and name changes which would be placed as part of an activity check, I have already created a new handbook/rosters to follow the new ranking structure (separate from ones I updated recently of course). Ingame the only changes would be to add/change the names of a few jobs.

Below is as listed the new proposed rank structure (Left) and the current rank structure (right)
View attachment 961 View attachment 963
View attachment 962 View attachment 964
Removal of Surgeon job
The role of the surgeon is a speciality role in NHS that allows the individual to roleplay doing surgery on a patient in the hospital using /me commands and the DRABC system, this role can be given to those trained for it at the rank of Paramedic+, the role does not fit into the current climate of Riverside. Very few times have I seen the surgeon role in use and when it is in practice what follows is someone on Gmod with no medical knowledge attempting to bullshit their way through a medical procedure is a small room, in Garry's mod, the times I have experienced it, the whole experience could be summed up as awkward and a waste of time.
I have thought it over a lot and asked for suggestions but there is no feasible way to make the Surgeon role fit into Riverside NHS.

More variety in jobs
Almost immediately contradicting myself talking about removing a job from NHS, we need more unique roles in NHS that would work in riverside to keep the department engaging, not only to add roles to the department but to create a side progression system that can be worked on alongside the main NHS ranks. We will keep FR (First Responder) training at SRPMDC+ (due to rank change this will be one rank higher) and the Paramedic role would act as an entry point to my new proposed Non-Clinical jobs, these are a set of three Whole new jobs for the NHS without defibs or medkits (unless specified in the job below). This new area of the NHS would be headed by an NCC (Non-Clinical Chief) and an NCD (Non-Clinical Deputy Chief), roles will be given out for those two appointed by myself two individuals would be the first to start training others for Non-Clinical, NCS (Non-Clinical Supervisor) roles will be appointed by the Non-Clinical Chief allowing more people to train PMDC+ for the Non-Clinical roles.
Below are the proposed Non-Clinical roles.
NHS Fleet maintenance
Fleet Maintenance is a job that would work as a repairman for both NHS and PD/NCA/SCO (as they will operate on global frequency), that way the common occurrence of an ambulance or police car getting destroyed or tires popped can be fixed rather than hitching a ride back to spawn a new car or switching citizen and back to respawn in the city. This role would not have access to a medkit nor any defibrillators but would act as a non-profit mechanic job that would focus on government vehicles, they must of course still follow all NHS rules but would drive in any sort of truck/van that could be added to NHS dealer which would not be against the rules to carjack as it is not an ambulance.
Emergency Medical Dispatcher
The Emergency Medical Dispatcher role would work similar to the police counterpart but the focus would be on NHS responses and sending paramedics out in an organized fashion to any calls and logging who online is a First Responder and who isn't. These dispatchers would spend most of their time in the hospital on cameras they can place around the city so paramedics can respond to any car crashes/gunfights before being called in, as a bonus the dispatcher would carry a medkit so they can heal anybody stopping by the hospital for health, still, no defibs though.
NHS Security Staff
Lastly and perhaps the most controversial part of my whole proposal would be the implementation of NHS security staff, these specially trained NHS would have access to a taser and cuffs, although they have no right to arrest anybody, essentially they will function as security for the hospital not letting anybody go into the no go areas (A&E as well as an office) and would accompany NHS on calls. This role would NOT function as police, the nearest example is a PCSO with no right to arrest but rather would need to call the police to deal with detained individuals the officer deems fit, allowing for more interdepartmental roleplay between PD and NHS. this role would not have a have Paramedic uniform and would not be immune to the no crimes against NHS rule as they have the potential to fight back.
Would make criminals less inclined to wave weapons in NHS faces, especially at hospitals if they are accompanied by security. Of course if outnumbered the security would be able to do close to nothing.

Below is the proposed Non-Clinical roles and rank structure (roster for these is complete but the appointed chief would work with me to make handbooks)

NCP.PNG

How this will benefit the community of Riverside
Pros:
  • Long needed change for NHS to increase the number of roles and ranks, this will not affect anybody outside of NHS and only positive internally
  • All content is already in the server, the only thing admins would need to do is change up the jobs in the game slightly as well as add and remove some, the bulk of work would be done internally which the ideas seem to already have a positive reception.
  • Would increase NHS activity as there is more to do/ earn from being in the NHS
  • Free update with no addons needed for main bulk (see below for possible extras)
  • Added realism to the server instead of head-scratching ranks such as GP in an ambulance
Potential Cons:
  • Those outside NHS may get confused by rank structure changes, we can sit in on PD/NCA/SCO meetings and explain changes to the department and make sure PSD has access to view the new permissions and ranking structure
  • Security staff can abuse tasers, this would be dealt with the same way as PCSOs, their role will be stripped from them and if needed PSDs can be filed/reported to Higher Ups in NHS
  • NHS Dispatcher clash with the Police dispatcher, this is a possibility but comms prioritize dispatcher already when online, this will just change so NHS will be fed orders from Emergency Medical Dispatcher and the Police/NCA and SCO would receive orders from Police dispatcher. When only one is online they may work as an all-around dispatcher for government jobs
Any concerns please post below and I will try to answer any questions. The main workload of this would be put onto NHS HUM, feel free to message me on discord - Twix#7505

Any addons:
No addons are needed for the main bulk of the proposal but new skins can increase ambulance numbers from 2 to 3 with barely any increase to download size of the server

Touring FR Ambulance for APP (tested and works with Touring in Server)
+FR Touring for APP+

The Jordz Centric skin for LCON + / NHS Honorary and NHS Junior Honourary award holders
Scottish Ambulance Service

Since joining the NHS there have been some major issues I and a few others have noticed in the Riverside NHS
Written by Chi ef Paramedic (NHS HOD) 4"Mortar

Issues with NHS Currently:
  1. Realism within NHS Ranking structure.
  2. 35 Days only to get from the starting rank of JRPMDC (Junior Paramedic) to top HU rank of SUP (Supervisor), was 27 days before I changed it to what I believe is the maximum possible with current ranks.
  3. Surgeon job being irrelevant for the current climate of Riverside
  4. Need more job variety
  5. Need the incentive to play NHS
Realism within NHS Ranking Structure & Increased time from bottom to top (point 1)
Firstly I propose to switch up the rank structure within the NHS so there will both be more ranks as well as more realistic ranks in comparison with the real-life hierarchy of the NHS ranking structure. My proposed ranking structure combines roles and job titles from around Great Britain but the rank structure remains accurate to the best of my knowledge in regards to a regional body (I do not propose jobs that would head the organization as a whole).
I would like to replace/add the following jobs in the NHS ranking structure; EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) role will become the new probationary/first job in the NHS and JRPMDC (Junior Paramedic) will stay in the NHS as the first rank up, the next change would be GP (General Practitioner) would be changed to APP (Advanced Paramedic Practitioner) to keep all lower down jobs clear Paramedic roles. Moving into Higher Up roles; SUP (Supervisor) would be changed to LCON (Lead Consultant) as the rank after CON (Consultant) this is because the supervisor is a rank that doesn't even make much sense to me as supervisor is a very broad term especially when looking at NHS roles, so I chose to keep ranks as ambulance service roles specifically. An extra rank will be placed after LCON for more room to rank up and a reason to keep active within NHS as SECTM (Sector Manager) will be added as the last Higher Up rank of NHS. Lastly moving onto Higher Up Management I would replace DHPMDC (Deputy Head Paramedic) and HPMDC (Head Paramedic) with DEPDIR (Deputy Director of Ambulance Services) and NHSDIR (Director of Ambulance Services) respectively.

This I believe will help the feeling in NHS that there is not much room to move up as the difference between each rank is lacklustre where it doesn't feel like any progress is being achieved, the new ranks will create buffers to add more time in terms of moving up the ranks but also each rank will introduce a new role/responsibility to the individual and create a feeling of actually moving up the ranks. No matter the activity, doing the same thing on a Gmod server causes the individual to burn out and lose interest which I feel is a major problem within the NHS as all ranks feel the same, and Higher Up just means you can train people and that's pretty much it.

How I would go about the change would be as follows; All persons within the NHS will keep their rank respectively, JRPMDC will stay JRPMDC but newcomers will be placed as EMT, GP will be changed to APP, etc. This will just require a discord role and name changes which would be placed as part of an activity check, I have already created a new handbook/rosters to follow the new ranking structure (separate from ones I updated recently of course). Ingame the only changes would be to add/change the names of a few jobs.

Below is as listed the new proposed rank structure (Left) and the current rank structure (right)
View attachment 961 View attachment 963
View attachment 962 View attachment 964
Removal of Surgeon job
The role of the surgeon is a speciality role in NHS that allows the individual to roleplay doing surgery on a patient in the hospital using /me commands and the DRABC system, this role can be given to those trained for it at the rank of Paramedic+, the role does not fit into the current climate of Riverside. Very few times have I seen the surgeon role in use and when it is in practice what follows is someone on Gmod with no medical knowledge attempting to bullshit their way through a medical procedure is a small room, in Garry's mod, the times I have experienced it, the whole experience could be summed up as awkward and a waste of time.
I have thought it over a lot and asked for suggestions but there is no feasible way to make the Surgeon role fit into Riverside NHS.

More variety in jobs
Almost immediately contradicting myself talking about removing a job from NHS, we need more unique roles in NHS that would work in riverside to keep the department engaging, not only to add roles to the department but to create a side progression system that can be worked on alongside the main NHS ranks. We will keep FR (First Responder) training at SRPMDC+ (due to rank change this will be one rank higher) and the Paramedic role would act as an entry point to my new proposed Non-Clinical jobs, these are a set of three Whole new jobs for the NHS without defibs or medkits (unless specified in the job below). This new area of the NHS would be headed by an NCC (Non-Clinical Chief) and an NCD (Non-Clinical Deputy Chief), roles will be given out for those two appointed by myself two individuals would be the first to start training others for Non-Clinical, NCS (Non-Clinical Supervisor) roles will be appointed by the Non-Clinical Chief allowing more people to train PMDC+ for the Non-Clinical roles.
Below are the proposed Non-Clinical roles.
NHS Fleet maintenance
Fleet Maintenance is a job that would work as a repairman for both NHS and PD/NCA/SCO (as they will operate on global frequency), that way the common occurrence of an ambulance or police car getting destroyed or tires popped can be fixed rather than hitching a ride back to spawn a new car or switching citizen and back to respawn in the city. This role would not have access to a medkit nor any defibrillators but would act as a non-profit mechanic job that would focus on government vehicles, they must of course still follow all NHS rules but would drive in any sort of truck/van that could be added to NHS dealer which would not be against the rules to carjack as it is not an ambulance.
Emergency Medical Dispatcher
The Emergency Medical Dispatcher role would work similar to the police counterpart but the focus would be on NHS responses and sending paramedics out in an organized fashion to any calls and logging who online is a First Responder and who isn't. These dispatchers would spend most of their time in the hospital on cameras they can place around the city so paramedics can respond to any car crashes/gunfights before being called in, as a bonus the dispatcher would carry a medkit so they can heal anybody stopping by the hospital for health, still, no defibs though.
NHS Security Staff
Lastly and perhaps the most controversial part of my whole proposal would be the implementation of NHS security staff, these specially trained NHS would have access to a taser and cuffs, although they have no right to arrest anybody, essentially they will function as security for the hospital not letting anybody go into the no go areas (A&E as well as an office) and would accompany NHS on calls. This role would NOT function as police, the nearest example is a PCSO with no right to arrest but rather would need to call the police to deal with detained individuals the officer deems fit, allowing for more interdepartmental roleplay between PD and NHS. this role would not have a have Paramedic uniform and would not be immune to the no crimes against NHS rule as they have the potential to fight back.
Would make criminals less inclined to wave weapons in NHS faces, especially at hospitals if they are accompanied by security. Of course if outnumbered the security would be able to do close to nothing.

Below is the proposed Non-Clinical roles and rank structure (roster for these is complete but the appointed chief would work with me to make handbooks)

View attachment 965

How this will benefit the community of Riverside
Pros:
  • Long needed change for NHS to increase the number of roles and ranks, this will not affect anybody outside of NHS and only positive internally
  • All content is already in the server, the only thing admins would need to do is change up the jobs in the game slightly as well as add and remove some, the bulk of work would be done internally which the ideas seem to already have a positive reception.
  • Would increase NHS activity as there is more to do/ earn from being in the NHS
  • Free update with no addons needed for main bulk (see below for possible extras)
  • Added realism to the server instead of head-scratching ranks such as GP in an ambulance
Potential Cons:
  • Those outside NHS may get confused by rank structure changes, we can sit in on PD/NCA/SCO meetings and explain changes to the department and make sure PSD has access to view the new permissions and ranking structure
  • Security staff can abuse tasers, this would be dealt with the same way as PCSOs, their role will be stripped from them and if needed PSDs can be filed/reported to Higher Ups in NHS
  • NHS Dispatcher clash with the Police dispatcher, this is a possibility but comms prioritize dispatcher already when online, this will just change so NHS will be fed orders from Emergency Medical Dispatcher and the Police/NCA and SCO would receive orders from Police dispatcher. When only one is online they may work as an all-around dispatcher for government jobs
Any concerns please post below and I will try to answer any questions. The main workload of this would be put onto NHS HUM, feel free to message me on discord - Twix#7505

Any addons:
No addons are needed for the main bulk of the proposal but new skins can increase ambulance numbers from 2 to 3 with barely any increase to download size of the server

Touring FR Ambulance for APP (tested and works with Touring in Server)
+FR Touring for APP+

The Jordz Centric skin for LCON + / NHS Honorary and NHS Junior Honourary award holders
Scottish Ambulance Service
I’m only here for the Scottish ambulance skin,

this needs to be added pronto because life’s are at stake!

On a more serious note, How about adding a rule where you must act out situations, Like when you die or get hurt then you need to wait for nhs to Roleplay it out and heal you.

+1
-Over time, the NHS department can become boring and monotonous, The changes that have been proposed in this post will benefit not only the department but the community as a whole. Bringing a change to one of the most useful departments will not only increase the activity of the service but also increase the enjoyment of those who play on it.

-Although it may be confusing and hard to adjust to at first, A restructure of the department would provide a great roleplay experience for everybody involved and help to increase activity.

-The addition of Non-Clinical roles would bring variety and a positive roleplaying experience within the department giving the paramedics different experiences and bringing a long-needed change to the NHS as a whole, The utilization of server content such as the VCmod mechanical repairs would give a new purpose to the resources available, this would also prevent paramedics from having to drive across the map in order to repair their vehicle every time somebody slashes their tires/ damages their exhaust.

-The only possible issue with the 'Emergency Medical Dispatcher' Like you stated would be the clash between them and the police dispatcher role if there was one online, This issue could possibly be resolved if all of the online paramedics stayed in patrol 1, Whilst the dispatcher stayed in the global channel. Upon receiving an NHS call/police asking for a paramedic over the radio, they can switch over to channel one and direct appropriate resources to the incident.

-The only part of this suggestion that I disagree with is the implementation of the 'NHS Security Staff'. I believe that this role is unnecessary and would not be needed if people didn't break the rules and commit crimes against paramedics, Instead, you should just call the police/staff depending on the situation.

+1 to most of this.
-1 to the security staff, I believe that this would only be used to minge.

Mozzie

Mozzie
Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
+1 looks really good and looks like he put hours into making this.

Thank You, Mozzie

Staff
NCA: PM, DPM, PC
PD: EX. AC, CINS, EX. DDM, DT
SCO: TST, CTSFO, SRO, TTM, SFTO, DEPTCST
NHS: JRPMDC
CHEESE MAFIA!!!!!!!!!

+1

Ranking structure definitely needs a rework. And the fact that we have only 2 vehicles when every other gov department has about 7. We just need a wider variety of things to make NHS even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom