Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Rodriguez - Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Rodriguez
1.2 How old are you? 23
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Since 2021 (This website account is new, old account is "Sergio Rodriguez")
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:90110703
1.7 What is your Discord? JDawg#8270
1.8 References (if any)? None

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM is killing someone without an RP reason to. Reasons to kill someone may be threat to life, countering an attack/theft.

1) A player has just walked up to someone else and without advert or any attempt of RP they have shot them.
2) Someone has been engaging in roleplay but without necessity has killed someone (necessity being a threat to their life or countering a theft etc).

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:

NLR - New Life Rule, is a rule where if someone dies they are not to remember their "past life" in-game and proceed without returning to a previous situation or location. This lasts for 5 minutes after dying.

1) Someone has been killed in a shootout and they re-spawn and go back into the same RP situation and back into the gun fight.
2) Someone's house has been raided and they have been killed in the process. If they return within 5 minutes they are breaking NLR.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP is when you should value and protect your life as if it were real-life, whether outnumbered or out-gunned.

1) Someone is walking through a tunnel and a car has pulled up and 1 person gets out the car and pulls a gun on the other individual. The gunman proceeds to shout "get on the floor". If the unarmed person does not comply with this they are breaching FearRP. This is because someone has a gun to them and they are not valuing their life.
2) Someone is walking down an alleyway and 2 people with knives are robbing someone else. The 2 knifemen turn and command the walker-by to stop and the bystander begins to run. This would be breaking FearRP as they have been outmanned by 2 to 1, and those 2 having knives. The bystander has not valued their life.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:

Homophobia is when someone is being offensive or being negative to someone who is homosexual.

1) Someone is running around calling someone derogative homophobic names.
2) Someone has run up and starting kill people because they are "gay" and is bullying them due to their sexuality.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

Racism is when someone is being offensive or discriminating against someone of a different race or religion.

1) Someone has walked up to another use and has randomly used a racial slur / derogative term.
2) Someone is refusing to RP with another player due to the colour of their playermodel/skin

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring William into a sit and talk with him. No matter what, it is against the rules to carjack NHS vehicles so I would explain this to him. William may be a new player so instead of enforcing rules harshly, sometimes a quick lesson and reminder to read the rules will do. If William is a repeat offender then I would issue a warning as they will already be aware of this rule.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring both of them into a sit and hear both sides of their stories. If William has advertised PD raid and Joe was inside PD then William has not broken the rules. If Joe was not near the PD Raid and he has been killed then this would be RDM as he was not involved the PD Raid situation. Best thing would be to check logs for the advert and to see if anyone has any video evidence of the situation.

If it was RDM I would advise William of the rules and depending on severity issue a warning to them.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Take them into a sit and hear both sides of their stories. Let them both speak and gain an understanding of each sides story.

First thing, Drug Dealers are not allowed to build on sidewalks. Only job allowed to do this is the Hobo job. I would advise Joe of this and potentially warn the user depending on severity.

Secondly, William has not advertised raid and has died. He has also broken NLR by returning and killing Joe. I would warn William for Failure to advert/RDM/NLR.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

When there is a police meeting, there is also no major crimes to happen. As Joe has committed a major crime during this I would pull them into a sit and explain this rule. I would also warn them for this due to severity of killing 10 people they have committed MassRDM.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

There are a plethora of reasons why I should be chosen over other applicants.

- My age, I am very mature due to my job as well.
- Previous experiences. Having owned my own server and staffed around 6 previous servers.
- Knowledge of rules. I have been playing this server since 2021. I have an outstanding knowledge of the rules.
- Trustworthy. I understand this role holds responsibility and I uphold honesty and trust to the best of my abilities.
- General skills & qualities. I'm easily approachable, always happy to help other people.
- Very understanding of situations

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

Firstly, read through any rules or guidelines that may be available to help me.
Secondly, ask for help. I have always learned if you are having difficulties is to always ask for help. The staff here are extremely friendly so I know they would offer a hand when required.
Last resort, if I was not able to receive any assistance, I would advise for someone to post a player report and have it dealt elsewhere so other staff members can offer guidance and advice when they are available.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

Yes, I have staffed many servers stretching different games. I shall not name them as not sure if that breaches advertisements rules. I have previously owned my own server and ran it alongside my friends. I have been an Admin on a couple ArmA 3 servers. I have also been Admin on quite a lot of GMOD servers in my time. This has been from HogwartsRP to DarkRP to MethRP.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

Listening & Communication - General social skills. Throughout my job IRL I am very customer facing so having years of experience with this has helped my social skills so much. I am able to talk to fluidly and hold good conversations. I am also able to de-escalate situations when required.

Critical/Logical Thinking - I am very good at logically thinking, this helps out massively with problem solving. Thinking on the spot is a huge strength of mine as I am able to react in a rapid manner where it wont affect me.

Integrity/Responsibility - I work in a position of Trust in real-life, I am an IT Asset Manager at an NHS Hospital so I can hold a lot of responsibility. Also in addition to this, with an IT background I have an amazing skill for problem solving. This would also be extremely useful for being staff as you face problems every day.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

Inpatient - I do not see the need to prolong situations for more than they need to. This may seem a weakness but will help me as I will be able to assist more user's in-game by being available instead of wasting time in un-necessary situations.

Self-critical - I am very self-critical of myself. This also helps me in a way because I always learn from my mistakes and use it to become a better person.

Too detail-oriented - I focus a lot on minute details. This can be seen as a weakness but I am able to use this to my advantage as I do not "miss a thing". I am very focused in what I do and I can use small details to resolve bigger issues.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

To be honest, its to help keep the server in order. I mostly play at night time and as it goes into the evening theres less staff and more Trolls/RDMers/Mingers that ruin other people's fun. I have always enjoyed feeling like I am apart of something and this is the best way to put my skills to usage.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?

No

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

Dale

Community Manager
Staff Manager
Superadmin
Staff Member
Community Management
Hello there, thank you for making your Staff Application. I'm happy to accept you, please contact me at some point to organise your interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom