Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted RyanHasDementia's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? RyanHasDementia
1.2 How old are you? 14
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? Including other accounts, 1 year.
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:697557325
1.7 What is your Discord? RyanHasDementia#7543
1.8 References (if any)? None.

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:
RDM (Random Death Match) is an act where someone kills another player for an insufficient reason involving RP.
Examples:
Joe kills Jim because Jim bumped into him.
Ben stabs Ken to death because he thinks its funny.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR (New Life Rule) is the rule of having to forget your previous life for 5 minutes, not being able to interact with the people involved in your last situation.
Cameron kills Eugene in a shootout. Eugene cannot come back or interact with Cameron until the NLR timer has ended (5 minutes).
Bill punches a police officer to death. The police officer, once he respawned, immediately came back to Bill, tased him, and arrested him for murder. This is breaking the NLR rule.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP is the rule that states if a player is outnumbered by two or more armed people, the victim must comply.
Tim is jumped by a group of five terrorists. They all have guns pointed at his head. The terrorists scream "Stop moving and get in the car!". Tim is obligated to comply.
Fred is surrounded by an armed SCO19 squad of eight people. They all have guns ready to fire. They tell him to put his hands up. Fred runs away, pulls out a gun, and attempts to kill the firing squad, this is breaking FearRP.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia is the verbal or physical discrimination against homosexuality or bisexuality.
Morgan is a gay man who is married to his husband, Steve. An online troll verbally abuses Morgan with homophobic slurs and offensive comments in regard to their relationship.
Eduardo is a bisexual man that is playing Gmod with some friends. A online troll spams text screens with insults and degrading comments about bisexuality.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? Firstly, I would bring both into a sitting room. I would ask both for their sides and opinions on the story. Whilst listening, I would check logs to see if he did advert carjack. Then, I would bring their attention to the NHS rules, where no crimes against the NHS are allowed. In the end, I would warn William of crimes against the NHS if he indeed did steal the car, and return both of them. If not, I would return both without any sanctions.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? Firstly, I would pull both into a sit. I would preferably start with William to hear his side of the story, because I can check adverts whilst he tells me if he did/didn't advert PD raid. If he did advert PD raid, I would return William, but explain to Joe why I didn't warn him. But, if he didn't advert raid, I would explain to William the rules of failure to advert, then proceed to warn him for FTA, and request a ban for mass-RDM.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? As per usual, I would bring both to a sit, ask for both sides of the story, and check logs to validate the claims. Secondly, I would explain to William that raiding a base without adverting is an FTA violation, and that it is not permitted. After that, I would explain to Joe that going back to kill someone to retaliate isn't a valid reason to kill someone, and is entitled RDM. I would warn William for FTA, and warn William for RDM. Just in case, I would go to Joe's base to make sure his base doesn't cover the entire path.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit? This situation depends upon his reaction or understanding of the Jihad role. If he seems as if he is sympathetic or unknowing of the 'No major crimes' rule, i would jail him accordingly. But, if he seems disrespectful of conscious of his actions, I would ban him for Mass-RDM.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
I excel at cooperation, collaboration, and communication with peers, to maximize efficiency, but I can also recall and memorize information and apply skills accordingly.
3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would first check with myself once more, then I would refer to a handbook for extra clarification. If I still don't know how to handle it, I would communicate with my peers to reach a verdict, and as a last resort, I would envolve a higher-up staff member.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
Yes, I was a moderator for Evolution Roleplay PoliceRP
3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
Rationality
Fairness
Reliability.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
Competence (sometimes negative)
Patience
Temper
3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
To aid a flourishing community, and to maintain harmony to create an enjoyable expereince for the playerbase.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
No, I do not.

Have you received any help when creating this application?
No, I have not
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking?
Yes

Last edited:

jakey

Staff Manager
Forums Manager
Head-Admin
Staff Management
Staff Member
Graphics Designer
+1, active guy seems a decent person. Never seen him break any rules and seems to have a good knowledge of the rules

Azz

Accepted, contact me on discord to arrange an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom