Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Accepted Sean Pugh Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

ouwd411

Trial-Moderator
Staff Member
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Sean Pugh
1.2: How old are you? 21
1.3: Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? Been around since 2019
1.5: Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:95679053
1.7: What is your Discord? ouwd41
1.8: References (if any)? N/A

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples: Random Deathmatch refers to a gameplay behavior where players indiscriminately attack or kill other players without any legitimate reason or motive within the game. This behavior often disrupts the intended gameplay experience

- Player A goes up to Player B and shots and kills him for no RP reason

- Player A switches to a job with a weapon and goes up to a group of unarmed players and shoots to kill them all with no valid RP reason this can also be known as MRDM

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples: Metagaming is where someone will take something from out of character and us it in game for there advantage

- You are in a discord call with your friends who are also on the server one of your friends tell you they are being kidnapped at (location) you then go to this location to free him
- You are on as a cop and someone says in the OOC chat that they are doing 'illegal activities' in their base you then place a warrant on their home and raid it

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples: FearRP is a rule that encourages people to conduct realistic roleplay and a breach of this would be considered breach of the rules
- You are outnumbered and surrounded by a group of people who all have there weapons pointed at you and instead of doing what they say you pull a weapon out and run away
- You get pulled over by a significant amount of police all with tasers and weapons and instead of listening to their instructions and complying you run away

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples: Cop baiting is where you purposely antagonize the police and when they react you just run away and have no intention of acting out a scene
- You drive around recklessly by the police station and ram into all the police vehicles you see
- You walk into the station and just start shooting around in the station and then run away

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples: Discrimination is the unfair treatment of individuals or groups based on characteristics like race, gender, religion, etc
- Player A goes up to Player B and uses racial slurs due as he knows Player B is under ethnic minorities
- Player A goes up to Player B and uses homophobic slurs as he knows Player B is LGBTQ

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
- I would bring them both into the sit and check the logs as i can see that Dave advertised 'Carjack' i would explain to Tom that he has however as you are not allowed to steal NHS vehicles as per rule 'D12' i would explain to Dave that he has broken the rules if this is his first offence i would let him off with a verbal warning but explain he needs to reread the rules, but if its not a first offence i would warn him for breaking the rule

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
- I would bring them both to the sit and ask William his intentions, and see if he advertised 'Hit Accepted' if he did and he has valid reasons to use the steps he did then i would return them both with no actions needed however if there was no valid reasons behind his intentions and there was proof of this then i would take action and punish if deemed necessary

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
- I would speak to James about building on a sidewalk, emphasizing that it's public space where people can walk freely. I would tell James that if he wants privacy, where he can choose who enters his building he should set up a base inside a building. I would also mention issuing James a punishment for "RDM" (Random Deathmatch) due to his killing of Garry for merely being on the path.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?
- I would tell Bobby that he cannot do this due to a PD meeting going on if Bobby fails to listen and carries on with the raid i would warn him with the valid rule breaks

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?
- Should choose me as i have been around Riverside for a fair few years now and have an understanding of the rules and players well i also know how to deal with difficult situations

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
- i would contact a senior member of staff explain to them the situation and seek advice and be guided from the advice i would then take into account what they said and apply it in the future if faced with similar situations

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
- yes i have been staff on many high player GMOD servers including riverside

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
- Impartial
- Good communication skills
- Good Listening Skills

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
- Can become tasked focus at times
- Work a lot
- Sometimes i may forget some things

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
- i want to join the staff team as i want to promote a safe enjoyable place for people to play i also went to demonstrate my dedication on the staff team and ensure all rule breakers are deal with accordingly

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff? No

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

rashy

Event Manager
Management
Appeals & Reports
Head-Admin
Forums Assistant
Staff Member
Neutral, dont think ive had interactions with you but not heard anything bad

Mozzie

Mozzie
Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
+1
Seen you active on the server, no bad interactions with you, seems like a good staff application.

Believe you would fit as a staff member!

Gatesway

Community Owner
Community Management
Accepted, contact me through Discord to arrange an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom