Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name?
Norris
1.2 How old are you? 17
1.3 Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4 How long have you been playing Riverside? November 2018
1.5 Are you fluent in English? Yes
1.6 What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:89047182
1.7 References? Pat

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM, random deathmatch, is the act of a player killing another player(s) without a valid roleplay reason.

1. William kills a citizen in spawn.

2. William kills a Police Officer for looking towards him.

2.2: Define NLR and provide two examples:
NLR, new life rule, dictates that, on death, a player begins a fresh life with no knowledge of any prior lives. The player must also not return to their place of death within 5 minutes.

1. William's drug operation has been raided by the Police, and he is killed in the process. William respawns and immediately returns to the location.

2. William is killed by gang members, upon respawning William shoots and kills the gang members.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:
FearRP dictates that a player must follow orders given when outnumbered by 2 or more other players with guns.

1. William has no weapons out, and is surrounded by 3 gang members with guns pointed at him. The gang members advert kidnap and instruct William to follow them, however, William pulls out a gun and attempts to kill them.

2. William has no weapons out, and is being mugged by 2 gang members with guns pointed at him. He pulls out a gun and attempts to kill them.

2.4: What is homophobia and provide two examples:
Homophobia refers to prejudice of a person because they are homosexual.

1. William cuffs and arrests Joe without any valid roleplay reason, stating that it is because he is gay.

2. William murders Joe on the street without any valid roleplay reason, and then calls him the F slur.

2.5 What is racism and provide two examples:
Racism refers to prejudice of a person because of their race.

1. William cuffs and arrests Joe without any valid roleplay reason, stating that it is because he is black.

2. William murders Joe on the street without any valid roleplay reason, and then calls him the N word.

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: William has adverted carjack and stolen an NHS members vehicle. Joe reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would accept the sit, bringing both William and Joe to a sufficiently private area to conduct the sit. After checking logs to confirm William's advert, it would be shown that William correctly adverted to steal the vehicle, contrary to Joe's report. I would inform Joe of such. However, William still broke the rules by committing crimes against NHS (carjacking). As such, depending on the players awareness of this rule, or history of similar real breaking, I would issue either a verbal warn, or a warn. Further, as it is clear William has not read the rules, I would issue a short (120 seconds) jail to give them chance to take a look.

2.7: Joe has reported William for shooting at him for no reason. William states that he was not shooting for no reason, he adverted PD raid. William has killed 6 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would check logs to confirm if there was an advert. If there was no advert, I would warn William for failure to advert. If there was an advert, and the raid was valid (off cooldown, sufficient PD) I would inform Joe of such, and end the sit.

2.8: Joe (Drug dealer) has built a base on the sidewalk. William raids Joes base with no advert. Joe kills William. William gets a new gun and drives straight back and kills Joe and sells all his drugs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

Both Joe and William are in the wrong here. I would speak to each person individually, explaining to Joe that, as a drug dealer, they cannot build outside of a base. After issuing a warn, I would then speak to William, checking logs to confirm there was no advert. I would then speak to William on his breach of NLR, and his Revenge RDM, and issue a warn for these rules breaks.

2.9: William as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “Pd meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes” Joe as a Jihad adverts bombing and ends up killing 10 people. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

I would bring Joe to a sit and question his awareness of the PD meeting, and the no major crimes clause. I would use this to educate Joe on the matter, if appropriate. Regardless of their awareness, I would issue a warn as opposed to a ban, as I would not view this as MRDM, as there is a valid roleplay reason for Joe to conduct a bombing.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I have extensive experience in staffing on Garry's Mod RP servers. Being a member of the Riverside community since launch, in 2018, and a staff member throughout 2019-2020, ensures sufficient knowledge of the server, its rules, and its ever-changing player base to enact my role. I am well versed in ULX, having used it consistently throughout the last 7 years. I am active on the server daily, particularly during off-peak times during which I'm out of college (usually 9am-12:15pm, or 1pm-). These off-peak times are often unstaffed, and full of rule-breaking, and so, I would be able to dedicate this time to preventing such.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?
I would contact a higher-up staff member using staff chat in-game; however, if there are no staff online, or there is no response, I would then resort to Discord staff chat to resolve the issue.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?
I have previously staffed on Riverside in 2019-2020, attaining the rank of Senior-Admin, and role of Staff Supervisor. Prior to this, I was the Staff Manager across two DoctorWhoRP servers (retaining my rank when the first server closed as assigned by the new owner), for a total length of 2 years between 2017 and 2019.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:
Maturity, experience, team-player

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:
Employment, unavailable during college hours, pingers

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?
I have, in the last several months, experienced issues with consistent rule-breaking, with limited staff available to deal with the issue. I wish to make a difference with high activity, and commitment to the role. I wish to ensure fair enforcement of the rules and use my experience, and knowledge of both Garry's Mod and the server itself, to enact my duties swiftly, and fairly.

I also wish to develop a positive name for myself within the community, namely by exhibiting proper knowledge, and enforcement of the server rules as a staff member.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?
None

Have you received any help when creating this application? No
Do you consent to further fact-checking and background checking? Yes

+1 i have known norris for a while on riverside hes very mature and would make a good addition to the riverside staff team

Denied, for now, I would like to see you some more in-game to make sure you are up to the standards required to become staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom