Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Sylex22 Staff App #2

Section A: Applicants background

1.1: What is your in-game name? Sylex22
1.2: How old are you? 14
1.3: Do you have a working microphone? Yes
1.4: How long have you been playing Riverside? Around 150 Days since I joined Discord.
1.5: Are you fluent in English? Yes (My first language).
1.6: What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:17439876
1.7: What is your Discord? Sylex22#5683
1.8: References (if any)?

Section B: Definitions and critical thinking:

2.1: Define RDM and provide two examples:

RDM - Random Death Match, You must have a valid reason to kill someone.

Random Thief comes and punches you to death.

As you are walking past PD a Cat comes and stabs you to death. The cat says they were scratching you as RP.

2.2: Define metagaming and provide two examples:

Metagaming - Using OOC to gain information that you wouldn't have IC.

An RS Is on a discord call with a PD member. The PD uses the OOC chat to find out that Coke is being made in the RS Mansion, the PD makes a warrant and arrests the RS.

A Person is talking in OOC in-game about how easy it was to Kidnap Bob, he says he is taking Bob to the Beach bunker, A PD sees this and goes and Arrests the kidnapper.

2.3: Define FearRP and provide two examples:

FearRP - Must value your Characters life when threatened.

You being Kidnapped by 2 RS, you do not listen to them and you start running away and running in Circles.

You're being mugged by 2 people and the people have you under gunpoint, you pull out your Knife and try to kill them.

2.4: What is cop baiting and provide two examples:

Cop Baiting - Doing something on purpose to gain the police's attention that isn't Raiding eg.

You're driving your car and see a PD, you start to do donuts to start a police chase because you board.

You are outside the PD and start shooting randomly, there isn't any reason to shoot. You do this to gain the Cop's attention.

2.5: What is discrimination and provide two examples:

Discrimination - Where you Judge someone or treat someone differently because of how they look, act, behave eg.

You cannot be an RS because you look ugly.

I will arrest you because you are Black (Also racism).

Please answer the following questions as if you were a Trial-Mod:

2.6: Dave has adverted carjack, stolen an NHS members vehicle and drives around the city crashing into multiple parked cars. Tom reports him for failing to advert carjack. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

In this case the reporter (Tom) has reported Dave for the wrong reason. I will say that Dave has done something wrong; committing a Crime against an NHS. Also he has car minged. In this case, i will warn Dave for Car Minging and Commiting crime against a NHS.

2.7: Joe has reported William for killing him for no reason with a car bomb. William (Hitman) states that he had a valid reason as it was for a hit. William has also killed three other people with car bombs. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

First, i will look into logs for Hits, If all 4 people are killed for a Hit i would let William go. If not i will tell William that using a Car bomb is only if you need to kill someone for a hit, I will give punishment for mass RDM.

2.8: Garry has reported James (Gun dealer) for killing him for no reason. James has a base on the sidewalk and has openly advertised it as a gun shop server wide. James states that Garry was not permitted inside his shop. James has killed four people in the last three minutes. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

First, i will tell the Gun dealer that you cannot base on the pavement, secondly, KOS doesn't count because it isnt inside of a Valid base. James would be warned for Mass RDM.

2.9: Harry as a Commander in the Police is hosting a meeting he adverts “PD meeting | Starting 5m | Important topics | No major crimes”. Bobby adverts “Base raid” and still proceeds to raid a base despite Harry warning him that raiding is considered a major crime. What steps will you take to resolve this sit?

First i will tell Bobby that no majors can happen during a PD meeting, next, i will warn Bobby for Major in a PD meeting. I will make this fast because there is a PD meeting.

Section C: Questions

3.1: Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I have a lot of previous experience as staff and a new fresh brain to learn.

3.2: If you were in a situation you did not know how to handle what would you do?

I would look at the rules again and if i still do not know talk to another staff.

3.3: Do you have previous experience staffing servers?

Yes, alot.

3.4: List three strengths that you have that will help you staff:

1. Fresh brain.
2. Ability to learn more.

3. Confidence.

3.5: List three weaknesses that may affect you when you’re staff:

1. School.
2. Separated parents.

3. Sometimes I just forget and my mind goes blank, but it comes back in like a minute.

3.6: Why do you want to be a staff member?

I want to help out the server and make it a part of my daily life, I want to help new people like when i was helped out my first day of the server. Also to make riverside a great community.

3.7: Do you have any disabilities (or other issues) that may impact your ability as staff?

Not that i know of.

Have you received any help when creating this application?

No.

Do you consent to further fact-checking and background-checking?

Yes to a certain extent.

Mozzie

Mozzie
Appeals & Reports
Forums Assistant
Admin
Staff Member
Neutral/-1

Seen you in-game and I don't think I've had any bad experiences with you, plus your application looks nice, however you are quite young which may imply you are immature, I think you would be a good staff member but just not at this current time. Also, it says 'how long have you been playing riverside?' not how long you have been in the discord, because you may have been in the discord for months but have only played the server just a bit, so I recommend changing it to when you officially started playing on the server rather than joining the discord.

Thanks, Mozzie

Last edited:

Taxman

Junior-Admin
Staff Member
Negative rep, you are not mature enough to be staff, I would suggest improving your reputation and having a better understanding of the rules before becoming staff.

Too young
not mature enough
not familiar with the rules well
app is alr tho

Dale

Community Manager
Staff Manager
Superadmin
Staff Member
Community Management
Denied.

I'm sorry but I do not believe that you would be a good fit for the staff team just yet.

It is partly because of your age, and therefore relative maturity. But also seemingly a good proportion of the replies are overwhelming negative.

Top Bottom