Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Do not comment or reply to ban/warn appeals, staff reports or player reports when you are not directly involved in the situation.

Denied Surgeon improvements

Suggestion: Add an advanced medic mod pack (links at the bottom), medical tent (external), more Surgeon roles and so Surgeons spawn with a knife

Benefits: As you may know me and Mr John will be attempting to revive the Surgeons role, however this is very difficult with the lack of content provided for us, we believe that adding in the advanced medic pack would completely change the Surgeons role for the better. This pack would consist of:
  • Stretcher : it can be put in an ambulance and is used to transport the body of the wounded.
  • Hospital bed : that is used to heal wounded, with a drip and a bloodbag.
  • Bloodbag and drip : the bloodbag has to be put on a drip, and the drip has to touch an hospital bed with wounded on to be used. It will progressively heal the player, and this player will automatically spawn when he will have 100 hp ( 1 bag of blood give 100 hp ).
  • A medic NPC : when there is no player in the medic team, players can use this NPC to heal them and to heal their fractures. The price of the heal will depend of the health of the player.
  • Electrocardiogram : you can use the electrocardiogram on players that are on the bed, to know if they are stable or not.
  • Mural defibrillator :use it to use a defibrillator and in limited range, the defibrillator given is connected to the mural defibrillator with a rope.
  • First aid kit : it contains helpful things such as bandages, morphine syringe, or antidote syringe.
  • Terminal : it can be used by all players to buy bandages, morphine syringe, antidote syringe or a first aid kit.
  • Radiography machine : can be used to know if the player has fractures and where.
  • Test tubes, beaker and box of drug : medics can craft new drugs by putting in the beaker between 1 and 3 test tubes, and then put the content of the beaker in the box of medicine which is empty.
Also, adding in an external tent (meth tent but reskinned white) would also attract more people to join us as surgery's could become an on-site job as well as inside the hospital.

Community benefits: This would benefit the community as the NHS has very little to work with (medkit and defibrillators), adding in this pack would make the NHS more interactive, thrilling and exciting. However, we would make sure that it would not replace TTM by only using the medical tents for surgeries where the patient cannot make it to the hospital without passing away. I feel most people would agree the NHS has been a very neglected department content wise. Looking at peoples views of the NHS reinforces this E.g ChrisP's reply to 4"inch's NHS proposal "Over time, the NHS department can become boring and monotonous", I believe this is because of the lack content. Also, this would bring another type of roleplay in that most people who play on RS would have never experienced.

More jobs in game would also help separate the department into more of a structured form, what we would like to see added would consist of:

Chief Surgeon

Surgeon Supervisor

Senior Surgeon

Adding in the feature where Surgeons spawn in with knives also would make it better as we would not have to rely on people spending tokens to join the department.

Links: https://www.gmodstore.com/market/vi...he-first-complete-and-realistic-medical-addon

Jon

-1 I believe this addon will cause lots of issues bugs errors and some people might even crash also people would be very pissed if they had to get medical attention every time they got shot/knifed cause they would be bleeding this addon is not needed as of currently.

+1
This addon would add a shit ton of roleplay and it would give people a reason to be on NHS, even more!

-1 I believe this addon will cause lots of issues bugs errors and some people might even crash also people would be very pissed if they had to get medical attention every time they got shot/knifed cause they would be bleeding this addon is not needed as of currently.
Not everybody will have to have surgery, plus its an RP server and people dont RP on it

+1 There is currently no incentive for players to choose Surgeon. They currently have nothing apart from defibrillators and medic kits and are limited to /me commands. The medic mod pack would add an interesting, interactive roleplay experience for anyone willing to participate and would make the Surgeon role worth playing.

The medical tent would be helpful to set up in various locations to expose more players to surgery roleplay as people may not be willing to travel to the hospital for it.

The suggestion about adding more Surgeon jobs in-game would create a nice range to choose from and would help distinguish different ranking surgeons.

I believe this would be a great addition to Riverside and could ultimately attract more players to play on NHS so they could participate in this sort of thing.

+1

The truth is the NHS has only one single piece of equipment unique to the role, the defibrillator; TTMs function as police medics with health kits as well as LM and T for their respective organisations. If we give the NHS a need to be called and some more toys to use that would make the department worth playing a lot more. We literally only get 2 cars and one piece of unique kit and have a whole department based on it. The only reason NHS functions is because we have a proper community going, but keeping activity up is going to be difficult if NHS keeps getting ignored and overlooked

Big +1 to the tent as a Surgeon item as well

+1 this is a great suggestion I love the surgeon role and I've even attempted it once but there was not enough equipment. I feel like Cian and Jon did not give any good reason behind there minus 1 so I think its solely just them not liking randski which is just not right as it seems they rather use personal grudge as an excuse for giving a -1

Jon

Not everybody will have to have surgery, plus its an RP server and people dont RP on it
Would you rather have minimal rp or have extensive roleplay and get server crashes every few hours or, why no one roleplays is cause people don't want too if they don't want to roleplay forcing them to roleplay will make people leave and not come back when london was released people were forced to roleplay that's why so many people just straight up left (of course with the combination of other reasons)

Would you rather have minimal rp or have extensive roleplay and get server crashes every few hours or, why no one roleplays is cause people don't want too if they don't want to roleplay forcing them to roleplay will make people leave and not come back when london was released people were forced to roleplay that's why so many people just straight up left (of course with the combination of other reasons)
Where you get the server crashing idea, I've played 2 servers now with this mod and it works fine

These are useless because I doubt anyone wants to Surgeon RP
You know why? Because there’s nothing for surgery rp, even without anything atm Me and Mr John are still getting loads of request from people to do tryouts. I get you don’t like me but don’t bring it into this shit, just not needed.

You know why? Because there’s nothing for surgery rp, even without anything atm Me and Mr John are still getting loads of request from people to do tryouts. I get you don’t like me but don’t bring it into this shit, just not needed.
Nah no beef, just from my experience playing on the server I doubt that many people would want to go and do surgeon RP

-1 its police rp not get shot, find a surgeon or nhs, stop bleeding, go back into combat 5 mins later and repeat RP

These are useless because I doubt anyone wants to Surgeon RP
If nobody wanted to do Surgeon RP then it wouldn't be a NHS job in the first place. This would not be useless as it serves the purpose of more roleplay just like other departments.

-1 its police rp not get shot, find a surgeon or nhs, stop bleeding, go back into combat 5 mins later and repeat RP
I think you should open up your mind a little bit more to the positives then the "negative"...

Last edited:
Top Bottom